Election Thread

Ryusei the Morning Star

On 12/14/2020 at 4:29 PM, vla1ne said:

Must you attribute emotions to the post that don't exist? I'm by no means mad, i place emphasis to show exactly what my point is. on top of that, I posted an actual point. never have i come at you, but your arguments. i am respectful like that. If you would be so proper as to address it and not resort to seeing emotions that aren't there, I'd be thankful. in fact: "people aren't taking the report as gospel" could rather easily be handed back to you. I took apart your article piece by piece, to the point that there can be no rebuttal. your links are not gospel, and i pointed out why. your links are full of holes. they are bad articles, and the media should feel bad for posting such bad arguments in the first place.

I also see you didn't watch the video, else you would have understood why there was an emphasis on that exact spot. video points out that there have been known problems with smartmatic, a company with ties to dominion voting systems, and dominion itself has hidden under scrutiny. the audit brings all of these flaws to light, and the sheer amount of evidence presented by the audit would be enough under normal circumstances to toss the whole district. I said it before, and will repeat it so that you can remember: It does not matter who these errors were in favor of. If they were pointed out by either side, and this much was revealed, i would be calling for an investigation regardless of the side that might benefit.

https://apnews.com/article/fox-newsmax-smartmatic-dominion-lawsuits-826071eb5b52ec8aea6b0028da78c61c

You still want to hide behind that audit? To make a long story short, once the threats of legal action came up, the people spreading your conspiracies just happened to revise the story they were sharing.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Phantom Roxas said:

https://apnews.com/article/fox-newsmax-smartmatic-dominion-lawsuits-826071eb5b52ec8aea6b0028da78c61c

You still want to hide behind that audit? To make a long story short, once the threats of legal action came up, the people spreading your conspiracies just happened to revise the story they were sharing.

wow, wait to give a link that requires you to go through over a hundred different links just to find any of their sources... (182 too be exact... yes i went into my history and counted)

vast majority of them are nothing more than baseless opinion pieces made by apnews with a few ajc and washingtonpost articles blocked behind a pay wall... their were also a few deleted articles used a sources and a hell of a lot of reused articles and a couple of self linking articles.

out of all the root sources, only three are non-opinion pieces that have anything to do with dominion (non of which address anything beyond who is connected to the company) and only an additional three have anything to do with the election in general. seriously, they don't even provide a source for the lawsuite or for fox's retraction (which is happening and easy to find)

heres the links.

https://maloney.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/smartmatic-announces-sale-sequoia-voting-systems

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/?data_type=processed&committee_id=C00193342&contributor_name=Brian+Wild&contributor_name=David+Cohen&two_year_transaction_period=2020

https://www.opensecrets.org/federal-lobbying/clients/lobbyists?cycle=2020&id=D000068717

https://trustthevote.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/2017-whartonoset_industryreport.pdf

https://www.pamd.uscourts.gov/sites/pamd/files/20-2078_202.pdf

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL32611.pdf

look, many of those going after dominion will liking see it blow up in their face as a result of how theyve done so at the very least, but you seriously need to stop assuming that just because the title of an article supports your claims that it is somehow automatically good. it isn't. it seriously took forever to get to any credible source and non of them have anything to do with the initial article itself.

I get that you have a lot of issues with the sources I use, but that… really seems like a non-issue? Obsessing over the exact root sources seems like grasping at straws. You're also defining "credible" in an extremely narrow fashion if APNews, AJC, or Washington Post saying that these retractions exist are somehow "baseless". If you need to go through 182 different links, then forgive me if I don't want to spend as much time.

I googled the segment, found a Forbes article (Which I'm sure is somehow "baseless" for arbitrary reasons), and they attached a tweet, which showed the clip. AP did say the exact segment where it happened.

Of course your links have nothing to do with the initial article. You just posted a punch of random links and have nothing to say about what they're supposed to demonstrate.

Sorry, but your issues with the sources just seems like complaining for the sake of complaining.

8 hours ago, Phantom Roxas said:

I get that you have a lot of issues with the sources I use, but that… really seems like a non-issue? Obsessing over the exact root sources seems like grasping at straws. You're also defining "credible" in an extremely narrow fashion if APNews, AJC, or Washington Post saying that these retractions exist are somehow "baseless". If you need to go through 182 different links, then forgive me if I don't want to spend as much time.

I googled the segment, found a Forbes article (Which I'm sure is somehow "baseless" for arbitrary reasons), and they attached a tweet, which showed the clip. AP did say the exact segment where it happened.

Of course your links have nothing to do with the initial article. You just posted a punch of random links and have nothing to say about what they're supposed to demonstrate.

Sorry, but your issues with the sources just seems like complaining for the sake of complaining.

i never said any of the retractions were baseless, just that most of the articles used as sources were as they don't even try to provide anything to support their claim. i also never said your claim was baseless (i even stated it was true), just that i took issue with you near constantly using sources that are just as bunk as the sources provided by anyone else if not more so. just because a source is bunk it does not mean that the claim is automatically false.

the links i provided were the only articles provided by your link as direct sources that had any even remotely related content which is why i provided them to demonstrate the failure of your link to support its own claim in spite how easy it should've been.

i'll admit that the only reason im goin in on you in this regard is because your the only one, who posts regularly, whose sources are not direct source (such as a video clip related to the claim, legal docs showing a lawsuite has been file or other such material) or fail provide such material in a ready fashion. everyone else usually provide more direct links that are easier to criticize. 

btw, if you are unwilling to go through the 182 article that your source buries its own sources in (especially if those source end up being completely irrelevant to the point) then you should understand why these sources are complete bunk. it is, more often than not, easy to track down far more direct info related to their claim. too easy to justify using such bunk sources.

sorry is you took this as me just trying to discredit you claim over nothing, that wasn't my intention. ive just had too much experience with people trying to convince me that x is true using articles just for me to later find out they were about as far off base imaginable. i dont want to see others fall into the trap of blindly believing this stuff without proper research. 

1 hour ago, Godbrand said:

FB-IMG-1608866134550.jpg

and heres an example of random statements without sources...

regardless, even if these numbers were 100% accurate, most voters are non-political and do not know much about our politics anyways so this doesnt really mean much more than simple reinforcing the fact that america has a massive promblem with blind voting. more over, this isnt a good way to address the discussion anyways as it just comes off as a personal attack against bidens supporters, forcing them into a needlessly defensive mindset. 

anyways, i was recommended an a video related to dominions defamation lawsuite that gives an interesting perspective on the matter which i figure some here might be interested in seeing

hope everyone is having an enjoyable holiday and are able to get their mind off all the political nonsense for a while. 

On 12/23/2020 at 4:10 PM, justduelist said:

i never said any of the retractions were baseless, just that most of the articles used as sources were as they don't even try to provide anything to support their claim. i also never said your claim was baseless (i even stated it was true), just that i took issue with you near constantly using sources that are just as bunk as the sources provided by anyone else if not more so. just because a source is bunk it does not mean that the claim is automatically false.

the links i provided were the only articles provided by your link as direct sources that had any even remotely related content which is why i provided them to demonstrate the failure of your link to support its own claim in spite how easy it should've been.

i'll admit that the only reason im goin in on you in this regard is because your the only one, who posts regularly, whose sources are not direct source (such as a video clip related to the claim, legal docs showing a lawsuite has been file or other such material) or fail provide such material in a ready fashion. everyone else usually provide more direct links that are easier to criticize. 

btw, if you are unwilling to go through the 182 article that your source buries its own sources in (especially if those source end up being completely irrelevant to the point) then you should understand why these sources are complete bunk. it is, more often than not, easy to track down far more direct info related to their claim. too easy to justify using such bunk sources.

sorry is you took this as me just trying to discredit you claim over nothing, that wasn't my intention. ive just had too much experience with people trying to convince me that x is true using articles just for me to later find out they were about as far off base imaginable. i dont want to see others fall into the trap of blindly believing this stuff without proper research. 

"vast majority of them are nothing more than baseless opinion pieces made by apnews with a few ajc and washingtonpost articles blocked behind a pay wall"

I know you meant the links that the initial article cited, and not the article itself, but that's the comment I was referring to. Fox and Newsmax did "clarify" their claims, so an article writing about that isn't "bunk" just because it isn't using a clip from live television in its reporting.

My intention with the sources is that they are usually the most comprehensive rundown of something, which is why I sometimes include more than one source. And honestly, at least I try to provide sources, which is more than I can say for the other people here who have just blindly repeated conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory without any citation, so I tend to bring in my sources because they explain how those conspiracies are complete nonsense.

I understand the point you're making. I'm not trying to say that x is true using articles. I'm trying to say that "x is true, and here's a summary of what's happening." After Winter, vla1ne, Godbrand, and Horu all spent the past two months constantly repeating nonsense, and how I've had to look up the source of where those bullshit claims come from, and how they were debunked, I'm being careful that I'm not doing the same as them.

Speaking of bullshit claims…

19 hours ago, Godbrand said:

FB-IMG-1608866134550.jpg

1. Those sure are a bunch of numbers that someone seemed to pull out of their ass to make it sound like a big deal. His deals in the Middle East also tend to favor certain regions and oppressive regimes while alienating others, so I'm not inclined to give him credit.

2. As much as I dislike how people were eager to cast doubt on Tara Reade, the issue there isn't that people weren't completely unaware about those accusations, it's that her accusations did not hold up to scrutiny. It's also a hollow argument when Trump himself is literally dealing with rape accusations from E. Jean Carroll, so people only seem willing to believe Biden's accuser, but not Trump's accusers.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/a-running-list-of-the-women-whove-accused-donald-trump-of-sexual-misconduct_n_57ffae1fe4b0162c043a7212

https://www.businessinsider.com/women-accused-trump-sexual-misconduct-list-2017-12#kristin-anderson-3

Huffington Post and Business Insider do cite other sources besides themselves, so feel free to look at those and judge them on their merits. The point is that enough women have accused Trump of assaulting them that we literally need lists just to keep track of them all. But I imagine that those allegations will be dismissed because they're against Trump, and only allegations against Biden are useful.

3. Pfizer deliberately went out of their to not involve the Trump administration in development of the vaccine. This isn't even "random percentage of Biden voters I pulled out of my ass didn't know about this", it's blatantly lying about something that we already know didn't happen.

4. From what I can tell, the US was already an energy exporter, so once again, this is trying to give Trump credit for something he didn't actually accomplish.

5. This is the Ukraine thing again? The thing that was already debunked when Republicans trying to make it a deflection tactic during impeachment? Plus, it doesn't seem like people in Ukraine really had issue with this, outside of Shokin himself, probably. Though the problem is that Shokin was supposed to be investigating corruption, and he wasn't doing that. I realize that "Biden got a prosecutor fired" is useful for stoking the flames, but you aren't making any effort to look at what actually happened there.

All in all, after all this time hearing people complain about "Trump Derangement Syndrome", I'm not surprised that some Biden derangement syndrome equivalent has already settled in.

On 12/25/2020 at 3:19 AM, Godbrand said:

FB-IMG-1608866134550.jpg

i genuinely would like to ask what point are you trying to make, what consequence is any of this information of, also where did it come from and how on earth was it procured 

with the results now accepted none of the posts here are of any real interest to me anymore but this stood out even in that context 

I don't think the results were necessarily accepted, it's just that some people have just enough shame to stop embarrassing themselves with parroting more bunk conspiracies about how the results are illegitimate..

I don't think Godbrand has such shame, though.

Anyway, Bernie is forcing the Senate to vote on the $2,000 relief bill. That could keep Perdue and Loeffler off the campaign trail, and potentially force them to actually say where they stand.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this play, but I hope it's enough to sink Perdue and Loeffler's chances.

EDIT:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/judge-dismissed-hunter-biden-laptop-repairmans-lawsuit-against-twitter-the-same-day-it-was-filed/

John Paul Mac Isaac, the repairman at the heart of the Hunter Biden laptop conspiracy deflection, filed a lawsuit against Twitter yesterday alleging defamation. It was immediately dismissed.

19 minutes ago, Godbrand said:

He’s listed as WANTED! Can he still be president, from prison? 😳 fugitives can not travel, how will he hold meetings with foreign leaders if he can’t travel? Joe Biden would dare go against the constitution?

FB-IMG-1609297431843.jpg

FB-IMG-1609297455165.jpg

wild the only thing i find about this comes from almost two months ago and hasn't been confirmed anywhere else as of yet

what a deep conspiracy you uncovered

eyesemote

21 minutes ago, Godbrand said:

He’s listed as WANTED! Can he still be president, from prison? 😳 fugitives can not travel, how will he hold meetings with foreign leaders if he can’t travel? Joe Biden would dare go against the constitution?

FB-IMG-1609297431843.jpg

FB-IMG-1609297455165.jpg

this is spam you know it is your prior post was also spam realistically i gave you a chance to justify it and you've ignored it to post further nonsense 

i formally request that you cop on

079Slowpoke.png

We already covered the "class A felon" thing last month when vla1ne tried it, and Giga and I both brought up that the only source was a report from OANN. As usual, he just stopped talking about it entirely rather than admitting that it was wrong.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/11/25/fact-check-joe-biden-never-wanted-ukraine/6420087002/

The "source" of Biden supposedly being wanted comes from a complaint being rejected by Ukrainian prosecutors.

I really wish I was exaggerating with how much people keep dragging up the same things long after they've been debunked.

1 hour ago, Phantom Roxas said:

https://winwithjmc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Georgia-Senate-Runoff-Executive-Summary.pdf

Hope the Republicans here enjoy their last week or two controlling the Senate. I don't expect Josh Hawley's objection to make a difference, but I guess all the GOP has right now is performing to Trump's base for attention.

oh we're back to trusting polls?

Yeah man, the Dems are gonna win GA by 8 after they ONLY won it on the presidential level by 0.2 and lost by 2-3 pts on the downballot races including senate

Also hawley could contest each individual EV forcing 2 hour debates on each vote = pushing the college voting time OVER and tossing the elex to the state delegations 

Honestly fuck the liberals, they deserve nothing but sorrow in life, so why not

22 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Yeah man, the Dems are gonna win GA by 8 after they ONLY won it on the presidential level by 0.2 and lost by 2-3 pts on the downballot races including senate

Also hawley could contest each individual EV forcing 2 hour debates on each vote = pushing the college voting time OVER and tossing the elex to the state delegations 

how old are you again?

45 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

When did we stop trusting polls? I wouldn't be surprised if the margin is closer than 8 points. Realistically, I'd expect to flip maybe one of the seats. I'd love to win both seats, and this has a pretty optimistic look, but I can manage my expectations. You might be happier if you tried that sometime.

I'd love to see on what grounds Hawley has to contest every electoral vote other than being bitter that Trump lost. But sure, let's pretend this will get punted to the delegations. There's still two weeks after Congress counts the votes, so I figure that's plenty of time for conservatives to exhaust whatever desperate attempts they have left. They're all going to fail, yes, but you have to respect their commitment to the delusion.

Hawley trying and failing to throw out as many votes as he can - which would include yours, by the way, not just liberal votes - isn't really going to bring us sorrow. There are only so many ways I can tell you that you're okay with throwing out the entire election because "owning the libs" is the only sort of comfort you seem to care about.

After four years, we were able to fulfill our promise of taking down Trump, so I'm feeling pretty feeling good about where we can go from here. I'm not going to pretend that Biden's administration will be the perfect remedy, but we'll at least be starting from a better point than Trump was even at his "peak", if you could even find one. Honestly, if you think you're going to spend the next four years trying to get revenge for that, then feel free to waste your time. It just shows that after four or five years, you still only care about making everyone else as miserable as you.

He can throw my vote out a million times if it brings just a little more discord to Biden's ill gotten presidency. 

Also the dems don't have till inauguration. The deadline is much much sooner. Luckily for you, my party does not have the spine to do what is necessary to save their country. So this will be a hinderance, but not the roadblock it theoretically could be

1 minute ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Oh please, he can't contest individual votes, but I'm happy to let them waste a few hours wondering if I cast a legal one if it'll run Biden's time out

If you're going to cross the Rubicon, you can't halfass it

paragon of sanity; entirely stable individual

7 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

He can throw my vote out a million times if it brings just a little more discord to Biden's ill gotten presidency. 

Also the dems don't have till inauguration. The deadline is much much sooner. Luckily for you, my party does not have the spine to do what is necessary to save their country. So this will be a hinderance, but not the roadblock it theoretically could be

I do love how we've gone back and forth about how Biden's win was perfectly legitimate, and every single conspiracy you threw at the wall fell completely flat, so all you have left is just repeating that his victory wasn't fair. Not for any particular reason, just that isn't fair or something. You can be unhappy that Biden is going to be president, but Republicans aren't going to "save" the country by throwing out the entire election just because they're butthurt that the guy you fanatically worship as some martyr lost.

All Hawley is going to do is waste the Senate's time. Hell, even McConnell was against this idea. It isn't going to bring discord to Biden's presidency, it's just going to cause drama that the GOP was trying to avoid. Do you think this is going to run out the clock? Tell me, are you perfectly okay with Republicans going full-on authoritarian, or do you stand for nothing more than being anti-liberal? This isn't a matter of whether or not Republicans are brave or whatever excuse you'd come up with to justify them throwing out an election. Republicans just want to turn the process in their favor, but there is no legal ability for them to do so.

Ironically, for as much as you've been crying about Biden "stealing" his way into the presidency, you've been rallying for Republicans to steal the presidency for themselves. But I guess that's okay because, hey, it's what you want. Actually, no, that's a little more generous than you deserve. You stand for nothing, after all. You're not necessarily interested in Republicans in charge in and of itself. You're just utterly terrified of Democrats in control, and you're latching onto anything you can get to stop that, even if it means supporting gains more ill-gotten than how you pretend Biden's presidency is.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/12/cowards-are-destroying-the-gop/617534/

The whole article is worth a read, but I think this paragraph in particular encapsulates Winter perfectly.

"The single most worrisome political fact in America right now is that a significant portion of the Republican Party lives in a fantasy world, a place where facts and truth don’t hold sway, where “owning the libs” is an end in itself, and where seceding from reality is a symbol of tribal loyalty, rather than a sign of mental illness. This is leading the party, and America itself, to places we’ve never been before, including the spectacle of a defeated president and his supporters engaging in a sustained effort to steal an election."

It's telling that you think I give a ratass what Mitch wants. He's just as toxic to me as most of the center left. Hawley's gambit will inform the president and his voters who truly stands with him and who does not

Demographic take, maybe we all shouldn't be so shocked about GA. It was the most "educated" state the GOP held by a large margin

And the "least educated" state the Dems hold now has a red PVI and Trump improved even more in it. Would not be shocked if the two flip next election, though on an EV scale, that's a bad trade for the Rs

Archived