Election Thread

Ryusei the Morning Star

Oh, I don't expect you to care what Mitch wants. I'm not overly surprised you're willing to toss him aside the instant he doesn't kiss up to Trump. It's more that you think that this will somehow do something bad for liberals, when at most, it's just going to split your party. Because that's clearly the smart thing to do when you've lost the White House and are about to lose the Senate.

Since Trump is going to be leaving office in three weeks anyway, showing who stands with him would only mean something to the voters. However, you should know by now that all the "voter fraud" talk from Republicans has been nothing but hot air. You know that it is, at best, a cheap lie to help you guys cope with Trump losing. Easy to believe that, rather than Trump losing, there was some mean trick that "stole" the presidency from him. This isn't going to offer anything of value regarding voter integrity. It's about placating Trump's ego, and all you seem to care about is whether Trump is happy or not.

All Hawley will accomplish is the GOP eating itself over whether or not they want to keep pretending that the  voter fraud fantasies are real, just because it means they believe there's somehow still any value in standing with Trump. It's remarkably shallow..

At least when Democrats fight among themselves, it's because one side of the party believes that the other isn't doing nearly enough to stand up for the progressive values that they should be pursuing, and otherwise consider them no better than Republicans. Arguing over the most important policies is certainly fair grounds for division among the party. Republicans, though? They're just going to decide that the future of the party by comparing who is more loyal to Trump, where loyalty is defined solely by whether or not they want to keep beating about 60 dead horses.

Man, it's sad that this your best bet right now. There are more dead conspiracy theories than there are dead people who voted in this election, and that's including the dead relatives that voted for Trump.

Tell you what, when your party has a plan that's more than just a publicity stunt to help Republicans save face with MAGAts, and that does... literally anything to affect Biden becoming president, maybe I'll get a shiver.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-biden-donald-trump-georgia-elections-a7b4aa4d8ce3bf52301ddbe620c6bff6

I'm sure we'll hear many reasons for why this is somehow okay, or that Trump is "allowed" to do stuff like this. If a Democrat were to pressure a Secretary of State to "find" votes for them, obviously that would be bad and we'd condemn it for wanting to rig the election in their favor. But this is Trump we're talking about, so I imagine that's enough to make it okay.

Good analysis discussing Trump's threats, but because recognizing that Trump can do anything wrong is like pulling teeth, I imagine it will go over most people's heads. Or it will be encouraged because Raffensperger is a traitor and a coward or whatever.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/532472-cotton-breaks-with-conservative-colleagues-who-will-oppose-electoral-vote

93f.jpg

Pretty much the same frustration as Winter (A person I otherwise dislike making a good goal), but for the opposite reason. However, it's probably going to have the opposite effect. He just won reelection, so I'd say his term is safe, or at the very least, his next Senate race would more likely to be affected by whoever wins in 2024. However, I honestly believe that the objections are going to do more to inform the 2024 presidential election, and I'm very much preparing for Tom Cotton to run then. If this is enough to get Republicans to turn on Cotton, I more than welcome that. It's certainly been enough to get people to call him a RINO, when if anything, I frankly consider Cotton one of the best examples of a genuine of Republicans. But I suppose only supporting Trump 98% of the time is enough to disqualify him in the eyes of the people who think a Republican should support Trump 110% of the time. The extra 10% come from future investments in things Trump hasn't even done yet, but people rationalize that if he did do this one thing they want, they'd totally support him on it.

Meanwhile, Chip Roy went as far as to call for Pelosi to refuse seating the Republicans who were joining the effort to object to the electoral college votes. While that failed, I commend him for being willing to hold his own party accountable for their hypocrisy.

The only reason I don't support Biden as a president is because he tends to say things that he shouldn't and has a bad habit of stumbling over himself.

Objectively, I couldn't care less if Trump stayed in office or not.

While I do like the fact that Trump opened a huge door and has done quite a bit for the nation, his biggest contribution is proving that you don't need to be a career politician to get into office. This means that we can indeed re-elect Trump in 2024 or somebody we think is just as capable. Either way, Trump opened that door and we should do whatever we can keep it open.

1 minute ago, LOYAL2theNOLEZ said:

Dragon card contest! Everyone welcome!

join to find out the rules! Hosted by me and a mystery co-host!

IMG_0490.jpeg

For future reference, use the status bar to promote your contest, as posting something that doesn't pertain to the topic of the thread can be considered spam. And given this is a debate thread about the recent election, promoting your contest here is actually considered spam.

44 minutes ago, Nobody Really said:

The only reason I don't support Biden as a president is because he tends to say things that he shouldn't and has a bad habit of stumbling over himself.

Objectively, I couldn't care less if Trump stayed in office or not.

While I do like the fact that Trump opened a huge door and has done quite a bit for the nation, his biggest contribution is proving that you don't need to be a career politician to get into office. This means that we can indeed re-elect Trump in 2024 or somebody we think is just as capable. Either way, Trump opened that door and we should do whatever we can keep it open.

Well, at least you seem to accept the results. That's certainly a more valid reason to not support Biden as president, rather than insisting he's "invalid" for nonsense reasons. You did seem to care quite a bit about Trump staying in office, but hopefully you've moved on from that.

I'd hardly say that Trump proving you don't need to be a career politician is a good thing, however. Yes, he proved it, but that means the standard is incredibly low. Trump won not because he was capable, but because his "image" and ideology appealed to a lot of people. For the benefit of the nation, I think we need to close that door and have a higher standard for president, as opposed to a raging moron who is even worse than Biden when it comes to saying things he shouldn't. If that's your only reason for not supporting Biden, then we're still back to debating how Biden is bad for certain reasons, while disregarding that Trump is actively worse than Biden in those same areas.

I'm sure Republicans will try to get Trump back in 2024, though I think that's why it's important that we prosecute Trump as soon as he's out of office and can't claim presidential immunity.

Moving on, Republicans are still trying to pretend that they have power to overturn the election just so it suits them. I imagine they'll try to drag it on for a few days. Meanwhile, we have a little over 6 hours until the Georgia runoffs start releasing their results. There's a decent chance we may have to wait a few days for those results as well.

Archived