Election Thread

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the most horrifying image in the election

EmXnjtAU8AAY4Os?format=jpg&name=small

the main reason i don't want this to hit the supreme court is because i know trump will win. A guaranteed win by the court, while easily the most karmic route, will also lead to the biggest boogaloo from the left.

7 minutes ago, vla1ne said:

the most horrifying image in the election

EmXnjtAU8AAY4Os?format=jpg&name=small

the main reason i don't want this to hit the supreme court is because i know trump will win. A guaranteed win by the court, while easily the most karmic route, will also lead to the biggest boogaloo from the left.

Same reason I don't want it to be states choosing different electors

We will be crossing a rubicon

Then again libs like Roxas want to court pack, so have we crossed it?

More detailed explanations in the thread, including links to other commentary.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/trump-campaign-files-federal-lawsuit-seeking-to-block-pennsylvania-from-certifying-election-results/

"The only suspected instances of voter fraud cited in the complaint occurred in two Keystone State counties that voted for Trump: Fayette, where Trump is winning by a 34-point margin, and Luzerne, where his lead is 14 points."

...Why is Trump citing counties that favor him? That seems highly counterintuitive.

"The case has been assigned to U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann, a Barack Obama appointee."

Well, I guess this cased is doomed.

Another one bites the dust.

the counting lawsuits are throwaways in either case. most people had no expectations of those, the audit and recount suits are the ones that are gonna be swinging for the fences. still, that's two more down,  several more to follow. let's see how they go. don't need to win them all, just need to ensure the biggest marks get hit proper.

Like the election day count past 8pm. assuming they get that one, it's pretty much gg no re.

17 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

The one from Michigan where a clerk has signed an affidavit saying that her supervisors told her to back date (ie lie ) ballots

not just that one, that's one of the main ones though. one of the larger upcoming suits is the call to slap down any unverified mail-in ballots submitted past 8pm (the time is adjustable, may end up as 11 pm)  election night unless verified by the voters. Several states are tied into it, but PA for the most part.

The overall form that particular suit may take is unknown, as they're holding certain cards close to their chest, but it's got some weight to it, and is still growing.

Clerical error of the day:

6 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

❤️ 

The fresh smell of fear

the president has a natural right to contest results. regardless of outcome, fighting back is the only way to get ahead. many simply didn't expect trump to fight back in this manner, and many more don't see that he's one big win away from taking it to the house, where the republicans have the lead. he's already making many small wins, if the trend continues, he'll make it back home.

25 minutes ago, vla1ne said:

the president has a natural right to contest results. regardless of outcome, fighting back is the only way to get ahead. many simply didn't expect trump to fight back in this manner, and many more don't see that he's one big win away from taking it to the house, where the republicans have the lead. he's already making many small wins, if the trend continues, he'll make it back home.

i only started paying attention the day of the election basically but there was repeated mention of the idea that due to mail-in ballots being counted after day-of votes, and the probability of a higher democratic representation in the former and republican in the latter that states would start out with trump ahead and then gradually biden catching and overtaking him, and that trump would use the sequence of events as a basis for claiming the election was being rigged and manipulated and have this as the grounds for his legal dispute of the result

this was absolutely expected

1 minute ago, Enguin said:

i only started paying attention the day of the election basically but there was repeated mention of the idea that due to mail-in ballots being counted after day-of votes, and the probability of a higher democratic representation in the former and republican in the latter that states would start out with trump ahead and then gradually biden catching and overtaking him, and that trump would use the sequence of events as a basis for claiming the election was being rigged and manipulated and have this as the grounds for his legal dispute of the result

this was absolutely expected

Yeah, 70-30? Sure, why not. 90-10? 100-0?

Those dumps are like 4-5 standard deviations outside the norm

6 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Yeah, 70-30? Sure, why not. 90-10? 100-0?

Those dumps are like 4-5 standard deviations outside the norm

what exactly is it you think is going on with them, i have only read the last couple of pages and i'm not sure

4 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

She signed an affidavit which is being submitted to court??

i have no context beyond the tweet alone which makes no mention of that, where is it you know this from

Archived