Election Thread

Ryusei the Morning Star

2 minutes ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Or it could just be that there's nothing of substance to the accusations of fraud.

I did not say that. It's not that no Democrat would pull something, it's just that nothing I've seen suggests that they've done anything. The specific examples given all other satisfactory explanations, none of which implicate Democrats doing anything unethical.

Clerical errors not favoring a particular candidate is not evidence of fraud. You seem to be skipping a few steps to draw that conclusion.

The former Democrat Gov of Illinois admitted that they do this sorta stuff in the machine cities 

And honestly Roxas, Fine, keep the win. The dems have been doing this forever, and always have. Takes someone actually slamming down on it like Florida did to Broward after 2018 that it stops.

But surely even you've gotta admit that the ever increasing ballot count from GA was some garbage

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Clerical errors not favoring a particular candidate is not evidence of fraud. You seem to be skipping a few steps to draw that conclusion.

I'm no longer calling anything fraud remember? time to use the more politically correct term of clerical errors,

If we find a 6k voting error that favors trump, then that's also gonna need to be thrown out, all I'm saying is that it won't happen. if it happens, i will be wrong instantly, there's no further point that needs to be made when the next error (or absence of such errors) will either prove or disprove me on the spot. this isn't an argument, it's a prediction, my intentions are irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

The former Democrat Gov of Illinois admitted that they do this sorta stuff in the machine cities 

And honestly Roxas, Fine, keep the win. The dems have been doing this forever, and always have. Takes someone actually slamming down on it like Florida did to Broward after 2018 that it stops.

But surely even you've gotta admit that the ever increasing ballot count from GA was some garbage

Honestly, between Nevada, Arizona, and Pennsylvania (I didn't keep up much with Alaska or North Carolina), and probably a couple other sites I may be forgetting, it was definitely irritating how states kept increasing the number of the ballots that they needed to count, but Georgia wasn't alone in that.

1 minute ago, vla1ne said:

I'm no longer calling anything fraud remember? time to use the more politically correct term of clerical errors,

If we find a 6k voting error that favors trump, then that's also gonna need to be thrown out, all I'm saying is that it won't happen. if it happens, i will be wrong instantly, there's no further point that needs to be made when the next error (or absence of such errors) will either prove or disprove me on the spot. this isn't an argument, it's a prediction, my intentions are irrelevant.

I don't think you understand how this works. You defend Trump's actions by citing suspicions of fraud, and you were corrected that those cases were clerical errors. It's not about what's the more "politically correct" term, it's that you were wrong on a particular point and were told why.

That prediction doesn't make any sense. You're saying you'll be wrong for something you're already predicting won't happen.

I don't really get why you keep bringing up imaginary reversals? They don't really serve the conversation all that much.

1 minute ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Honestly, between Nevada, Arizona, and Pennsylvania (I didn't keep up much with Alaska or North Carolina), and probably a couple other sites I may be forgetting, it was definitely irritating how states kept increasing the number of the ballots that they needed to count, but Georgia wasn't alone in that.

I don't think you understand how this works. You defend Trump's actions by citing suspicions of fraud, and you were corrected that those cases were clerical errors. It's not about what's the more "politically correct" term, it's that you were wrong on a particular point and were told why.

That prediction doesn't make any sense. You're saying you'll be wrong for something you're already predicting won't happen.

I don't really get why you keep bringing up imaginary reversals? They don't really serve the conversation all that much.

Thank you. We started out the morning on the 4th with WI flipped and MI flipping and PA and GA (much more egregious) could not keep their tallies constant

LIke they unironically said they had between 25K-50K ballots left at one pt

Where I come from, having a 100% MOE is ...not good

So you're saying i changed what i called it when corrected? good. a 6k clerical error towards biden is still a swing of 12k. i don't have to call it fraud, i don't have to call it anything, a 6K error speaks for itself.

i predicted that there will be more clerical errors, if you want me to specify the prediction:

I predict there will be more errors revealed tomorrow that strangely only favor biden and the democrat party.

Did i imagine a reversal? No, I stated that whomever wins wins, so long as the election is done fairly.

15 minutes ago, vla1ne said:

That's fair, let's say there's a recount that would favor trump and that turn out to be an error then yeah it needs to be corrected. 

I'm all for trump but not for a tainted victory. 

Yes democrats have been doing very unsavory things for the longest time and they will probably will keep doing it. The Republicans need to put their foot down to get them to stop otherwise they keep doing it. 

8 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

What do you think happens with the House. GOP could get between 210 (7 short) and 214 (4 short) of the Majority

Imo they should offer to give votes for the Dems to elect someone like Cueller (who now occupies a Trump district lol) in Texas 

There's enough anger at pelosi

I welcome the anger at Pelosi. She won by a ridiculously high margin, not helped by Buttar getting tarred thanks to allegations by a psyochpath with a history of gaslighting. I'd like if she lost her Speaker spot, but I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

Pelosi is too passive and expects her desired results to fall into her lap. George Stephanopoulos tried to play along with her "We'll use every arrow in our quiver" line, and when he asked to be sure that she wasn't actually planning to take an arrow out of that quiver, Pelosi's brain had to do a hard reset on live TV.

Saying that someone physically could not comprehend something is usually hyperbole, but I'll be damned if Pelosi isn't walking proof of how literal that could be. Naturally moderate Dems are lashing out at progressives, because God forbid moderate Dems can ever take responsibility for their actions, but as I understand, I believe all the Democratic seats that got flipped were moderates.

Pelosi's segment of the party got hit hard, but they're not going to engage in any self-reflection. So chances are they'd happily take advice from Republicans on getting more people like Cuellar. Pelosi would be happy to have more Republicans that she can pretend she's totally "resisting" or whatever performative bullshit she's peddling that week. She'd rather see more Republicans elected than progressives who actually want to bring any meaningful change to the Democratic Party.

6 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Thank you. We started out the morning on the 4th with WI flipped and MI flipping and PA and GA (much more egregious) could not keep their tallies constant

LIke they unironically said they had between 25K-50K ballots left at one pt

Where I come from, having a 100% MOE is ...not good

Really, I'm just pissed at Nevada taking their sweet ass time. If anything, I'd almost welcome Nevada having an increase in outstanding ballots on the level of Georgia. At least that would be something to explain them lagging behind.

3 minutes ago, vla1ne said:

So you're saying i changed what i called it when corrected? good. a 6k clerical error towards biden is still a swing of 12k. i don't have to call it fraud, i don't have to call it anything, a 6K error speaks for itself.

i predicted that there will be more clerical errors, if you want me to specify the prediction:

I predict there will be more errors revealed tomorrow that strangely only favor biden and the democrat party.

Did i imagine a reversal? No, I stated that whomever wins wins, so long as the election is done fairly.

No, I'm saying that you were saying one thing was happening, and you were told that something entirely separate was happening. Instead of accepting the distinction, you conflated them and acted like they're the exact same thing. You're trying to make this a matter of semantics, when it is anything but that.

The 6k error was already resolved, so there's really no point in dragging this point out.

The reversal was regarding your comment about a clerical error that hypothetically favored Trump.

6 hours ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Biden went from saying he's not a fan of court packing, to saying that he would consult a bipartisan commission for recommendations. How is that "extremist"?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/joe-biden-court-packing-position.html

"This audacious attitude incensed conservatives, in part because Biden had escaped the trap they set for him. If Biden endorsed court expansion, Republicans would call him a dangerous radical; if he rejected it, Democrats would condemn his unilateral disarmament."

They make a good point here, but you're calling him extremist anyway. If you're referring to past statements that I'm not familiar with, you're welcome to share them, but from where I'm seeing, it seems like he's been careful to not be labeled radical or extremist.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/05/politics/what-is-hyde-amendment-joe-biden/index.html

Regarding the Hyde amendment, it seems like he has the same views on abortion as you do, but he felt it was inappropriate to impose his religious views on others. I tend to think of an extremist as someone who would not hesitate to make their religious views law, but that doesn't really apply to Biden.

Again, the criticism he gets stems from how his positions were fairly moderate. So calling him extremist specifically for being a moderate is rather bizarre.

I mean sure, is a panel between AOC and the Lincoln project is technically Bipartisan. 

He should reject it if he thinks it's wrong, or not do so if he thinks it's right. It swung a sizable number of senate races

Roxas ... I am agnostic man. What religious views. Hyde would make ME pay in TAXES for other people's abortion's which would become federally funded

He straight up opposed getting rid of Hyde till AOC and others yelled at him enough and he changed his mind.

He's a puppet, always has been

6 minutes ago, Phantom Roxas said:

I welcome the anger at Pelosi. She won by a ridiculously high margin, not helped by Buttar getting tarred thanks to allegations by a psyochpath with a history of gaslighting. I'd like if she lost her Speaker spot, but I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

Pelosi is too passive and expects her desired results to fall into her lap. George Stephanopoulos tried to play along with her "We'll use every arrow in our quiver" line, and when he asked to be sure that she wasn't actually planning to take an arrow out of that quiver, Pelosi's brain had to do a hard reset on live TV.

Saying that someone physically could not comprehend something is usually hyperbole, but I'll be damned if Pelosi isn't walking proof of how literal that could be. Naturally moderate Dems are lashing out at progressives, because God forbid moderate Dems can ever take responsibility for their actions, but as I understand, I believe all the Democratic seats that got flipped were moderates.

Pelosi's segment of the party got hit hard, but they're not going to engage in any self-reflection. So chances are they'd happily take advice from Republicans on getting more people like Cuellar. Pelosi would be happy to have more Republicans that she can pretend she's totally "resisting" or whatever performative bullshit she's peddling that week. She'd rather see more Republicans elected than progressives who actually want to bring any meaningful change to the Democratic Party.

Really, I'm just pissed at Nevada taking their sweet ass time. If anything, I'd almost welcome Nevada having an increase in outstanding ballots on the level of Georgia. At least that would be something to explain them lagging behind.

No, I'm saying that you were saying one thing was happening, and you were told that something entirely separate was happening. Instead of accepting the distinction, you conflated them and acted like they're the exact same thing. You're trying to make this a matter of semantics, when it is anything but that.

The 6k error was already resolved, so there's really no point in dragging this point out.

The reversal was regarding your comment about a clerical error that hypothetically favored Trump.

At best, republicans have 210, to her 224, at best it might be 214-222, she's got 0 room for error, and a number of the "moderates" hate her for killing the pay-check bill

Politics, it might have narrowly saved Trump if the race really does come down to WI/AZ/GA. She might have sacrificed a number of her members for it

I really like Rep Cueller. He's a democrat I would vote for. But he's in a district that Trump and Cornyn won now and had a closer than preferable race, so maybe not

LOL the GOP could make TRUMP speaker if they wanted to if Pelosi cannot get the votes

Jfc, slow down or just get it all in one post. We still have the multiquote button.

I thought your stance on abortion might have come from a religious background.

Can't say I disagree that Biden is a puppet. The DNC cherrypicked the parts of Sanders and Warren's that they were kind of okay with, and handed them to Biden because he was a "safe" candidate for them. Although, for those same reasons, I really don't think AOC was much of a factor there.

The GOP is likely to try and jump the sinking ship. I'm not sure if McCarthy is really going to be the safe bet for Republicans, though.

2 minutes ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Jfc, slow down or just get it all in one post. We still have the multiquote button.

I thought your stance on abortion might have come from a religious background.

Can't say I disagree that Biden is a puppet. The DNC cherrypicked the parts of Sanders and Warren's that they were kind of okay with, and handed them to Biden because he was a "safe" candidate for them. Although, for those same reasons, I really don't think AOC was much of a factor there.

The GOP is likely to try and jump the sinking ship. I'm not sure if McCarthy is really going to be the safe bet for Republicans, though.

No like he straight up said he supported the Hyde Amendment and said he's supported it for 50 years, the lefties got real mad at him, then he reversed himself a hour later

That's not a man I can see standing up to court packing

I was memeing. Obviously they're not gonna pick Trump, but theoretically they can pick anyone.  The President is by far the most popular person in Republican politics atm, and a true juggernaut in the newest Red state of Florida. Any 2024 hopeful is gonna have to kiss his ring and have him rally FL for them again. Not really a "sinking ship" when at best you lose three states with a total of 30K votes

1 minute ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Eh, if he gets pressed on court packing, I don't mind. I've got my own position, but I don't think Biden is an "extremist" on it.

I can see some Republicans in 2024 (And honestly, probably a Democrat or two) trying to court Trump. I just have my doubts that he'll have as much value by then.

We'll see

Trumpism is a VERY viable ideology. Exit polls are what they are. But Trump won "policy" voters overwhelmingly

People who liked personality (not as many) broke the other way. The man died so his unintentional creation could live

46 minutes ago, vla1ne said:

Again, i made my prediction. if the error was resolved as you say, we shouldn't see another one in any district right? then tomorrow will speak for itself. see you then!

Oh for fuck's sake.

That error in Antrim County was resolved. If some entirely separate county has a clerical error, and they resolve that one in a timely fashion, then guess what? That's a separate issue, but hey, probably one that could be fixed. One county fixing their issue isn't going to make it so no other counties ever have similar errors from this point on. I'm saying that if that country took care of their mistake, there's no point in you continuing to hold a grudge against that county.

You're not trying to approach this in good faith; you're looking for some random gotcha. How did we get from "This county fixed their mistake, so it's not an outstanding issue" to "We shouldn't see another one in any district"?

If you're just here to troll, fine, whatever, but at least be honest about that. This is going back to what I've been saying about you. You'll ask me a question, so I respond to you in a kind, but then you deliberately twist my words, and respond not to what I actually said, but your bizarre misrepresentation of what I've said.

I really don't get how you expect to get a gotcha. If you have to misrepresent what the other person is saying, then chances are that if you do find something you think proves your point, it likely won't correspond to what I've been talking about.

20 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

We'll see

Trumpism is a VERY viable ideology. Exit polls are what they are. But Trump won "policy" voters overwhelmingly

People who liked personality (not as many) broke the other way. The man died so his unintentional creation could live

He's not some kind of martyr, and I wouldn't call his fanbase "unintentional".

2 hours ago, vla1ne said:

Again, i made my prediction. if the error was resolved as you say, we shouldn't see another one in any district right? then tomorrow will speak for itself. see you then!

Look at VA for example

How many voters voted for president, but didn't vote in the congressional race? According to numbers, Wittman won with 254,932 votes (58.4%) vs. Rashid's 181,228 votes (41.6%). That's a total of 436,160 votes

In the very same election, how many people voted for president in total? According to the Virginia Dept of Election, 544,028. That's 107,868 who voted for president, but did not vote for Congress. That's 20% of voters declining to vote for Congress

It's a fucking meme at this pt

11 hours ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Oh for fuck's sake.

That error in Antrim County was resolved. If some entirely separate county has a clerical error, and they resolve that one in a timely fashion, then guess what? That's a separate issue, but hey, probably one that could be fixed. One county fixing their issue isn't going to make it so no other counties ever have similar errors from this point on. I'm saying that if that country took care of their mistake, there's no point in you continuing to hold a grudge against that county.

-

Good morning roxas! It is tomorrow, there are no new clerical errors to report, but there is an old one that has been updated by the OG poster:

notice how he points out how politi"fact" lied by omission again? seems to be some kind of "clerical error" on their part. might need to "update their software." hopefully they can find the next problem in ten minutes too.

I am here to point out what may be overlooked, it's no secret that i back trump, so stop acting like i'm hiding my intention. we've been over that already. i am giving new stories that demonstrate the flaws in the system, and finding it funny how they all seem to benefit one side only. of course, we can't call it fraud, but I am finding "clerical error" to be a wonderful alternative explanation. as are all the other people finding these clerical errors.

I look forward to finding more clerical errors today. how many other districts do you think failed to update their software? i'm betting 25 out of the currently known 47 will be found in the coming days. I'm also also looking forward to seeing how many people are actually on the voter rolls once all these buried guys come off it. unprecedented turnout, and so many of then are deadicated beyond belief. it's amazing right roxas?

cheers!

I know you support Trump. I'm saying that you're trying to find fraud where none exists, and rather than considering the possibility that you might actually be wrong, you're treating this like a joke.

Politifact never referred to Fleccas in the article, so I don't see how they're lying by omission. He only had the summary on his screen, while the proper article cites Daniel Baxter, who did address the request for a ballot. It seems like Fleccas was trying to correct them on how they interpreted his claim, except they were referring to other people spreading the claim, not him specifically. So he's trying to make a correction where it was not needed.

He said that New York Times tried to reach out to him, and he just brought up that there were names of dead people, and it's not his problem. You're sharing his attitude towards clerical errors, as if it's somehow an excuse, and not that people could make legitimate mistakes. I'm willing to look into anything that may further explain the patterns in those clerical errors, but you only seem interested in trying to fit them into your narrative.

You're not demonstrating flaws in the system and just "finding it funny". You were suggesting that this was rigged, unnatural, and that a Biden victory would not be fair, and since then, you've been approaching these incidents with confirmation bias. You insisted that these could be resolved through the courts, so I pressed you to explain what cause Trump has to do that. But you ignored that, so you instead make more predictions that no reasonable person would believe.

If counties needed to update their systems, then all it proves is that they needed to update their systems. You're really not going to get much out of acting like these explanations are somehow innuendo.

We made it, folks.

@Godbrand If you guys want Trump to fight this, okay. At most, I would expect maybe individual counties to flip, or the gaps to just tighten, but nothing that will flip electoral votes, let alone change the president-elect from Biden to Trump.

@Ryusei the Morning StarYou're going to have to give context for that one. Some counties went for Trump, and he still lost? I mean... okay, not sure what difference that makes.

I guess the Trump campaign made a clerical error.

he's flippant because several counties reported near 100% turnout, and the dead somehow requested ballots, while many of the living's ballots appear to have gotten lost. Not our fault that people who died over 2 decades ago are still in the voting system and requesting ballots.

indeed it was a clerical error. and it's still in bidens favor. +1 for the clerical tally eh?

Turns out the media daclared bidne wins. so congrats on the media coronation to him. we knew he'd get there, americans played their role though, now guliani's up. and considering trump was casually golfing, I'm not thinking he's all that worried about the game being rigged, so win or lose, i'll leave it up to him.

as far as how i see it, it's likely that at least several hundred votes were counted for the dead considering they were warned ages ago about it, and STILL have people from 1984 on the registry. and i'd be legit surprised if there are fewer votes from the millitary for trump than biden. gonna be a battle, but i doun't doubt the big guy.

several other reasons as well, including the recent national guard story, but that's still developing, so we'll see how it jives with the watermark story before i use either one. biden has it called for him, but trumps not done fighting, so i will gladly support him.

EDIT: forgot to put in the "clerical error" for the day

4 hours ago, Phantom Roxas said:

@Godbrand If you guys want Trump to fight this, okay. At most, I would expect maybe individual counties to flip, or the gaps to just tighten, but nothing that will flip electoral votes, let alone change the president-elect from Biden to Trump.

@Ryusei the Morning StarYou're going to have to give context for that one. Some counties went for Trump, and he still lost? I mean... okay, not sure what difference that makes.

I guess the Trump campaign made a clerical error.

Bellwether counties pretty accurately predict the national mood. The ones I showed above have been right for decades. Almost all of them failed in 2020

Archived