Election Thread

Ryusei the Morning Star

19 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

The one from Michigan where a clerk has signed an affidavit saying that her supervisors told her to back date (ie lie ) ballots

I had a posted a tweet about case on the page prior to this post, but here's an article that goes into more detail.

https://www.monroenews.com/news/20201110/trump-team-fails-to-provide-necessary-documents-in-michigan-appeal

Trump's appeal is deficient and lacking in materials. The formal determination is that the evidence they had provided amounted to nothing more than hearsay. So by the time you had posted that, Trump already got slapped for having a weak appeal. He's at least got three weeks, but I doubt he'll take that long.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/10/pennsylvania-election-case-secretary-of-state-to-ask-judge-to-toss-trump-lawsuit.html

Pennsylvania's Secretary of State will be asking for Trump's lawsuit to be tossed.

"Hopkins, 32, told investigators from the U.S. Postal Service’s Office of Inspector General that the allegations were not true, and he signed an affidavit recanting his claims, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation."

OOF. Bad luck there, guys.

"Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe on Saturday hailed Hopkins as “an American hero” on Twitter. A GoFundMe page created under Hopkins’s name had raised more than $136,000 by Tuesday evening, with donors praising him as a patriot and whistleblower. The fundraising page was removed by GoFundMe after this story was published Tuesday, a spokesman for the platform said."

Oh, look, Jamse O'Keefe was promoting a false story. Again. What a complete shock.

That's one more conspiracy theory dead. Gotta say, I wasn't expecting to also see Veritas get slapped down on this one, but hey, I'll take it. It's a shame to think that anyone would try to delegitimize mail-in voting just to steal this election for Trump.

https://newrepublic.com/article/158622/inside-project-veritas-plan-steal-election

...Oh, look.

1 minute ago, Phantom Roxas said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/10/pennsylvania-election-case-secretary-of-state-to-ask-judge-to-toss-trump-lawsuit.html

Pennsylvania's Secretary of State will be asking for Trump's lawsuit to be tossed.

"Hopkins, 32, told investigators from the U.S. Postal Service’s Office of Inspector General that the allegations were not true, and he signed an affidavit recanting his claims, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation."

OOF. Bad luck there, guys.

"Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe on Saturday hailed Hopkins as “an American hero” on Twitter. A GoFundMe page created under Hopkins’s name had raised more than $136,000 by Tuesday evening, with donors praising him as a patriot and whistleblower. The fundraising page was removed by GoFundMe after this story was published Tuesday, a spokesman for the platform said."

Oh, look, Jamse O'Keefe was promoting a false story. Again. What a complete shock.

That's one more conspiracy theory dead. Gotta say, I wasn't expecting to also see Veritas get slapped down on this one, but hey, I'll take it. It's a shame to think that anyone would try to delegitimize mail-in voting just to steal this election for Trump.

https://newrepublic.com/article/158622/inside-project-veritas-plan-steal-election

...Oh, look.

He's saying he did NOT recant actually

anyway 

Lol Holy Gaslight, bring up a bunch of non-competitive states that wont matter or democrats to vouch for it?

What's next, bringing up the SOS of Vermont and West Virginia to vouch that fraud wont over turn the margins in their states

I'd say even you can't be this cynical or ignorant Roxas, but then I'd be lying

28 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Lol Holy Gaslight, bring up a bunch of non-competitive states that wont matter or democrats to vouch for it?

What's next, bringing up the SOS of Vermont and West Virginia to vouch that fraud wont over turn the margins in their states

Non-competitive states, such as Michigan and Pennsylvania

11 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

Non-competitive states, such as Michigan and Pennsylvania

With Democrats who have a vested interest 

did you miss the "or"

For fucks sake the AG of PA who oversees everything said 2 days before the election that when the votes are counted Trump will not be allowed to win

I guess. A number of people across the states have concerns, be it voting machines, whistleblowers, or undervotes

And there's nothing wrong with that. 

Do I think Biden's 150K lead in Michigan will reverse? Nah

His 50K one in PA? Most likely not

It's when you get down to 0-20K range where there are many MANY more undervotes that I'm much less sure

@vla1ne  @Godbrand @Horu Ishayuki

aicTW6Z.png?1

The Pennsylvania Border apparently kills Republicans....and this happens as the President flips Mahoning County for the first time since 1972

2020 50.3% 58,601

48.3% 56,346

1972 49.6% 64,144 48.3% 62,428 1.9% 2,516

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio

Map of Ohio highlighting Mahoning County

Sorry folks, this does not pass the smell test

mathematically, nothing in this election checks out, and we just handed off data to the trump campaign. several states trying to destroy ballot image data, resisting lawsuits to hand over the info, and claiming the state allows them to destroy images when the law says all records. but man, i guess they investigated themselves and found no wrong doing. we'll see how it handles in court.

also. fleccas has done it again, pulling up a 10k list of the dead who are guaranteed to have voted.

I'm not saying it's voter fraud, but the dead can't vote themselves, so unless a lot of people applied and voted in the name of their dead parents, this is gonna be an interesting week.

8 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

You do realize that the point is that Republicans are joining with Democrats on this, right? Not sure how it's gaslighting to point out that they have no legitimate evidence. Georgia's Secretary of State said he sympathized with Perdue heading to a runoff, and that he was just as upset with Trump losing as they are. And yet, he managed to be more diplomatic than either Perdue or Loeffler were with him. While I'd argue that Georgia was certainly competitive in this case, even if you wanted to argue that it's also non-competitive, it's still one of the states that Trump is trying to challenge.

What we have is Republican Secretaries of State disputing these allegations, and Senators lashing out at anyone who isn't toeing the party line. I've regularly dismissed the larger GOP as a cult, but I will give individuals credit where it is due. I see absolutely no reason to believe that these Republicans would join Democrats in some conspiracy to defraud Trump. I'm going to take Republicans like Raffensperger at their word.

Georgia is preparing for their audit, and the recount is scheduled for Sunday through Nov. 22. It seems that Trump hasn't filed another lawsuit there after his last one got tossed, so I'd say once the audit and recount are done, we can wrap up Trump's loss there. After that, I believe we just need to wait for when he loses in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Arizona.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/election_hq/trump-campaign-gop-dismiss-own-appeal-in-las-vegas-area-ballot-count-case/article_f59243f4-1d71-11eb-a320-f7687bce6769.html

I was originally going to include Nevada, but the Trump campaign dismissed its own appeal.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2020/11/10/trump-sued-arizona-saying-he-were-robbed-now-he-needs-prove/6244953002/

Meanwhile, Trump's team in Arizona tried to hide their evidence in their case. Tell me, if Republicans should be extremely confident in their evidence, 

You've already made it clear that when I highlight why a conspiracy theory you've latched onto is disingenuous at best, all you have is passive-aggressive insults. I'd hardly call what I'm doing cynical or ignorant. Republicans telegraphed months ago that they were going to complain like this, regardless of the lack of evidence. When they get debunked at every corner, and either double down anyway or just ignore arguments to the contrary, then I'm not worried that me being called cynical or ignorant will stick.

Worth reading through the whole thread; it's not too long.

Archived