Election Thread

Ryusei the Morning Star

https://www.facebook.com/AntrimCountyMI/posts/186156666296253

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/06/antrim-county-vote-glitch-software-update/6194745002/

I never said the claim that it was a clerical error came from you? You're arguing against a point nobody was making.

This is an issue that was already resolved, and they caught it quickly. They did recount it. The fact that they corrected it as soon as they caught it does seem like they took this issue seriously, and didn't sit on it. This is, at best, an isolated incident.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to some, it is physically impossible and nothing you can do to change their mind. Any who people are trying to pressure by saying it is essentially over and just call it already but, as we know it is not over because trump will want make sure everything is done fair and square and by the book. 

Just now, Godbrand said:

According to some, it is physically impossible and nothing you can do to their mind. Any who people are trying to pressure by saying it is essentially over and just call it already but, as we know it is not over because trump will want make sure everything is done fair and square and by the book. 

I mean, you're right in that it isn't over. There will be recounts in several states, as is due process for an election as close as this. Neither candidate should be claiming a victory early.

Here we go

Texas is also stunning, more blue = swing to Trump. He won Hispanic Majority counties he lost by 50 points

The GOP should really take a look at it's base and realize that suburbanites like my parents who miss the days of W are fine with Obama/Biden/HRC and not coming back

7 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

I mean, you're right in that it isn't over. There will be recounts in several states, as is due process for an election as close as this. Neither candidate should be claiming a victory early.

As a Trump voter, and a very passionate one. I'd say Biden almost certainly wins

Arizona and Georgia will be tight. But the tipping pt state is Wisconsin at the moment. And Biden leads by 21K votes. It's "close" by election standards, but it wont flip. 

I've come to accept that if people like me can like his policies, but wish he'd shut up, but vote for him in the end

There are likely those who instead of making that final step left it blank. 

I'd be astounded if the Democrats were competent enough to make that kind of swing in their "machine" districts when Black Men voted about 10% more for Trump and Black Women voted about 5% more. 

That being said, having a 6-3 court, the senate, nearly the house, and a president that 70 M people think cheated his way to the top. Is political gold. The next Trumpian will be refined in his or her presidency. The man had to die for the movement to live

Yup. There are other clerical errors we can look at, but none of them are related to anything that suggests their software is somehow a game mod rigging this in Biden's favor.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/06/technology/false-dead-michigan-voter-claims.html

Here's another clerical error. This is more specifically about the supposed dead voters. It sounds more like people who registered were assigned the default date of birth, but they are otherwise legitimate voters.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fairfax-gave-biden-extra-votes/

"But the mistake was caught quickly. It showed up briefly on the Fairfax County election website, but it was removed within roughly 10 minutes. It took election workers another estimated 10 minutes to put the correct numbers online for the public to see, Scott said. The erroneous figure was never included in Virginia’s statewide tally."

Ten minutes.

Ten.

Minutes.

That is not a significant amount of time. This is also the particular one that Giga already disproven, but you have persisted with it regardless, so I guess we need to continue with it.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/nov/05/facebook-posts/dead-voters-detroits-voter-rolls-including-person-/

I know you dislike Politifact, but this offers some valuable information regarding a voter roll issue from last year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54811410

This one largely reiterates some points already covered. While I think that's a good sign that people are making sure to clear up misinformation, I think for this one, it's best to draw attention to how they debunked Mike Coudrey, who Winter cited on the previous page.

"The state also allows people to register to vote on election day itself, which means the overall number of registered voters could be even higher than the current reported figure."

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/verify/no-evidence-widespread-dead-voting/507-84e1561d-0d38-49eb-889f-3d3012a88a2c

Again, mostly reiterates some of the same information, just to demonstrate how multiple stories have debunked the various claims you and Winter have brought up here.

You're neglecting one important fact about these clerical errors: They were all fixed. The supposed dead voters were legitimate, living people who made sure to update their information.

There are no outstanding issues that need to be resolved through the courts. Trump already lost a few of his lawsuits already, so filing any more would be entirely frivolous.

3 hours ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Yup. There are other clerical errors we can look at, but none of them are related to anything that suggests their software is somehow a game mod rigging this in Biden's favor.

my response is simple, i predict more clerical errors.

There's stuff going that's not adding up. It's currently 264 to trump's 214 If Biden wins that's cool if you know he won fair and square. If trump cheats then trump does not deserves to win just like how if biden is found guilty of cheating then biden does not deserve to win. Being fair and having a honest race. Im not asking for alot. From both of the candidates.

01) This whole should have been done and over with by nov 3rd (early morning Nov 4)

02) Biden getting 100k votes (ALL for him with not a single vote for anyone else) at 3am - 4am after they stop for the night

03) they counted blue states very quickly but the last few red states are taking forever

04) some states only have democrats counting the votes (would be very tempting to miss count to help get rid of Trump) they are suppose to have an even number of people on both sides in the room when counting (so niether side can do any thing they shouldnt be doing) yes even Republicans can be tempted to miscount.

Seems odd to say the least, i could be wrong but it's not a good look for Biden and one might think foul play. Then again Trump not accepting a loss is also not a good look but if it doesn't add up (and he can properly prove something is wrong) then yeah you gotta call out cheating when there's chearing. Looks like trump has a very good case and will be able to prove that Biden has been cheating.

Just now, Phantom Roxas said:

I mean, okay? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the issue here seems to be that you don't believe these clerical errors are actually just errors, and you're assuming more nefarious intentions in cases where these errors occur.

So democrats (any democrat?) would NEVER try to pull something??? 

We are just crazy and paranoid? That's what you are telling us? 

3 hours ago, Phantom Roxas said:

I mean, okay? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the issue here seems to be that you don't believe these clerical errors are actually just errors, and you're assuming more nefarious intentions in cases where these errors occur.

Of course, they haven't favored trump yet, and i have yet to see a reason to believe there won't be more.

2 minutes ago, Godbrand said:

There's stuff going that's not adding up. It's currently 264 to trump's 214 If Biden wins that's cool if you know he won fair and square. If trump cheats then trump does not deserves to win just like how if biden is found guilty of cheating then biden does not deserve to win. Being fair and having a honest race. Im not asking for alot. From both of the candidates.

01) This whole should have been done and over with by nov 3rd (early morning Nov 4)

02) Biden getting 100k votes (ALL for him with not a single vote for anyone else) at 3am - 4am after they stop for the night

03) they counted blue states very quickly but the last few red states are taking forever

04) some states only have democrats counting the votes (would be very tempting to miss count to help get rid of Trump) they are suppose to have an even number of people on both sides in the room when counting (so niether side can do any thing they shouldnt be doing) yes even Republicans can be tempted to miscount.

Seems odd to say the least, i could be wrong but it's not a good look for Biden and one might think foul play. Then again Trump not accepting a loss is also not a good look but if it doesn't add up (and he can properly prove something is wrong) then yeah you gotta call out cheating when there's chearing. Looks like trump has a very good case and will be able to prove that Biden has been cheating.

How do you feel about trump announcing victory on the first night?

1 minute ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

You realize Biden did that too right? Said they felt good about winning?

Of Course they'll call AZ for Biden with the margin dropping by the hour (he may still win) but wont call NC for Trump or Tillis

3 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

Would be great. I wouldn't be going nuts or anything. When Trump beat Hillary four years ago i was hooray then life went on. Trump can still potentially win this time around. 

3 hours ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

just to correct that a bit, he said he was getting ready to win, and he was well and far ahead until about 4:30 in the morning, shortly after several sites claimed the counting was done for the night. reminder, they pretty much called several states for biden well before 50%, yet still haven't called states like alaska for trump.  trump being confident while being up 100K votes in the most valuable places, especially since the swing states hadn't reported any updates for the entire night, was perfectly normal.

1 minute ago, vla1ne said:

just to correct that a bit, he said he was getting ready to win, and he was well and far ahead until about 4:30 in the morning, shortly after several sites claimed the counting was done for the night. reminder, they pretty much called several states for biden well before 50%, yet still haven't called states like alaska for trump.  trump being confident while being up 100K votes in the most valuable places, especially since the swing states hadn't reported any updates for the entire night, was perfectly normal.

He was up 700K+ in PA, before ballots started breaking 70/30 from absentees even in counties he won

The "firewalls" he had built up in WI/PA were impressive enough that even partisans thought it'd hold

3 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

He was up 700K+ in PA, before ballots started breaking 70/30 from absentees even in counties he won

The "firewalls" he had built up in WI/PA were impressive enough that even partisans thought it'd hold

this, pretty much. he was so far ahead that only the most slanted of splits was liable to take his lead from him. and then the counties stopped reporting for the night (but kept counting). nothing suspect of course, but when you're that far ahead, why not say you feel like you're about to win?

19 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

A recount wont find fraud. You'd need a hand canvass 

Or it could just be that there's nothing of substance to the accusations of fraud.

18 minutes ago, Godbrand said:

So democrats (any democrat?) would NEVER try to pull something??? 

We are just crazy and paranoid? That's what you are telling us? 

I did not say that. It's not that no Democrat would pull something, it's just that nothing I've seen suggests that they've done anything. The specific examples given all have other satisfactory explanations, none of which implicate Democrats doing anything unethical.

18 minutes ago, vla1ne said:

Of course, they haven't favored trump yet, and i have yet to see a reason to believe there won't be more.

Clerical errors not favoring a particular candidate is not evidence of fraud. You seem to be skipping a few steps to draw that conclusion.

1 minute ago, vla1ne said:

this, pretty much. he was so far ahead that only the most slanted of splits was liable to take his lead from him. and then the counties stopped reporting for the night (but kept counting). nothing suspect of course, but when you're that far ahead, why not say you feel like you're about to win?

I'm not even mad about WI/PA/MI

They had ballots and they largely stuck to the number. The margins seem insane, but fine

It's Georgia. The SOS said they had 25K, and then Atlanta reported like 90K more

EmH-LNkU4AA3urx.png

This is GA in a nutshell

Archived