Christmas Event 2021 - Development Thread

Rayfield Lumina

8 hours ago, morrisoni4 said:

I've done a bit of math: assuming that a) the pace stays consistent (i.e. Tinkerer, George, and me every day, no more, no less) and b) everyone is exceedingly unlucky, the absolute longest this stage can continue on is 4 days, counting today. However, I'd prefer to have a little good fortune and wrap it up quicker, so let's take a shot at Red 33 and 35, please!

No fortune to wrap things sooner, no items found xD

5 hours ago, George366 said:

Seems like I'm starting with a 0 item challenge, even so I'll still try to snipe one with Red 23 and 36.

Hats off to you, a true macho man going all out in his 0 item challenge, that even with 4 tiles left and revealing half of them, you still missed any item

4 hours ago, Lazarus IV said:

Continuing my "avoid items" challenge~

Let's open: Yellow 31 & 36!

Challenge successful!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/8/2022 at 11:19 AM, morrisoni4 said:

Alright, let's put Red out of its misery by removing tiles 22 and 25 for that last item please, thank you!

6 hours ago, morrisoni4 said:

Moving on to the last grid, let's take a shot at 33 and 34 on Yellow, please!

Sy for not coming earlier. Thanks for posting! You found a Tome of Magic - Meadow, and with that, it's two of them for you. I think you're the participant with the most Tomes. I'ts a bit unfortunate that Doggo is not exactly the best Magic User, but they'll come in handy regardless.

Just now, Lazarus IV said:

In order to try to get Morris to stop choosing adjacent boxes: I'll open Yellow 1 & 18.  You'll only have 1 more day to choose adjacent boxes Morris! :spookytextbubble:

Oooof, I was about to answer Morris alone when the "Show Reply" button appeared. Still on the "Item Avoiding" challenge? Because you were successful again xD

...Was there a rule against the Daily Reveals being adjacent? I knew there was for the card hints, but I guess I never thought about it once we bumped up to 2 reveals per day.  Well it's a non-issue now, I guess, so I'll take 27 and 24. And I'm feeling charitable, so I'll say if I find the item, and if this is allowable, I'll cede it to George so he can have something to go into the Shaddolls Lair with. Also, I kinda hope you've got a list somewhere with everyone's inventory, 'cuz I've totally lost track of what all my little doggo is toting around.

17 hours ago, Lazarus IV said:

Since there are only 5 spots left, I'll just choose one.  For my last pick, let's see what's behind door number 6!

16 hours ago, morrisoni4 said:

...Was there a rule against the Daily Reveals being adjacent? I knew there was for the card hints, but I guess I never thought about it once we bumped up to 2 reveals per day.  Well it's a non-issue now, I guess, so I'll take 27 and 24. And I'm feeling charitable, so I'll say if I find the item, and if this is allowable, I'll cede it to George so he can have something to go into the Shaddolls Lair with. Also, I kinda hope you've got a list somewhere with everyone's inventory, 'cuz I've totally lost track of what all my little doggo is toting around.

16 hours ago, Loleo said:

I'll tidy it up with 2 and 4! Phase 2 can officially come to a close

Wouldn't it have been better to let George get the item himself by not asking for reveals?  :7597_key:

Important note:

Before Phase 3 starts, you're allowed to make 1 swap with another player, and this swap includes   

Item <-----> nothing

I would have been hella negligent if I didn't keep a record of Items acquired lol, just imagine. Here's the list, so you can all pummel the Gagagigo who seems to have stolen the Xmas!

@The Nyx Avatar - Sword // Wand // Seven Tools // Golden Apple // Hourglass // Cube x 2 // Blaze // Cyclone // Photon
@Sleepy - Shield // Wand // Robe // Seven Tools // Mogmole // Golden Apple // Photon
@Loleo - Shield // Potion // Seven Tools // Dewdrop // Blaze // Umbran
@morrisoni4 - Sword // Robe // Potion // Hourglass // Cube // Dewdrop x 2 // Cyclone // Meadow x 2 // Photon
⚠️@Lazarus IV⚠️ Sword // Shield // Wand // Mogmole x 2 // Potion // Golden Apple // Hourglass // Blaze // Cyclone // Meadow // Umbran x 2
@George366 -

tumbleweed-highway.gif

@Draconus297 - Robe, but I think he's not playing anymore, so I could make a raffle, IDK xD

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Important note:

Before Phase 3 starts, you're allowed to make 1 swap with another player, and this swap includes   

Item <-----> nothing

I would have been hella negligent if I didn't keep a record of Items acquired lol, just imagine. Here's the list, so you can all pummel the Gagagigo who seems to have stolen the Xmas!

@Draconus297 - Robe, but I think he's not playing anymore, so I could make a raffle, IDK xD

If I got an item from the last 2 spots George can have it... did anyone get anything for those last 5?

Also, I think we can agree George can have Draconus's robe.

1 hour ago, Loleo said:

If I got an item from the last 2 spots George can have it... did anyone get anything for those last 5?

Also, I think we can agree George can have Draconus's robe.

I guess I forgot to mention, but Morris got a Tome of Magic - Dewdrop in that last batch.

About the Robe, if the others agree, fine by me.

~~~~~~~~

Oops, I missed quoting @George366 too, but yeah, it was Morris, the Doggo Magician

• 5 weeks later...

A quick refresher of the story so far

🌠 The peaceful citizens of the Madolche Kingdom prepare for Christmas when they're suddenly attacked by a swarm of Shaddolls, which relentlessly destroy everything in their path and kidnap the little living dolls with the intention of turning them into new members of their army. Only Magileine manages to escape, thanks to Puddingcess acting as a diversion. Magileine swear to rescue them and embarks on a quest to find help and methods to beat the Shaddolls.
🌠 She meets the Supay, Duskwalker, and after she loses her dignity at the cuteness of Magileine, the lady informs her of the Shaddoll Core and the possibility of the threat being neutralized should the core be destroyed.
🌠 Looking for powerful allies, the witch visits the Naturia Forest, where she has many friends. Just when she had convinced the great Naturia Beast to aid her, another attack from Shaddolls thwart her plans, and the tiger is corrupted into the Shaddoll Beast
🌠 Wounded and discouraged, Magileine continues her journey and by chance meets Testudo erat Numen. The turtle only talks with riddles and aloof comments, but Magileine finds solace in its gentle company. The next day, when she wakes up, her wounds are healed, and she rekindles her resolve. Also, whether by accident or by a veiled intention, one of the Testudo's comments made her realize something...
🌠 She visits the old house where the Madolches originally were made and meets Doll Monster Miss Mädchen. After a jovial reunion, Grandpa Demetto appears. The girl and the old man have a heated discussion. Miss Mädchen finally manages to calm them down, and kinda grudgingly, Demetto gives Magileine a Golden Scissors brimming with power. Understanding that the Scissors are too powerful to handle, and that even if she could it's impossible to infiltrate Shaddoll territory alone, she continues her quest.

The Story Continues!

Magileine obtained a powerful weapon to defeat the Shaddoll Core, but presently, she realized that she didn't have enough strength to wield it. She started to feel the weight of desperation as time passed and her fear of her friends having turn into Shaddolls increased. Mounting her fork-broom, she departed from the Doll Monster House at full speed. Not too long after, she found a picturesque little town, where she found many female practitioners of arcane arts. Much to Magileine's dismay, she received a dangerously high level of cheek pinches, hugs and petting that were pretty close to kill her and put an end to her journey prematurely. A hellish, relentless nightmare to which the Duskwalker's attack held no candle. She had to brandish her fork all around violently in order to keep the girls at bay. The Witchcrafters then, decided to help the small witch without a second thought. While Magileine just couldn't get along with their leader, a little blue haired smug girl, she found the visit to their great library of tremendous use. There, Genni taught her of Tomes of Magic and their powerful elemental properties. Unfortunately, that wasn't helping the golden scissors issue. Noticing her depression, the smallest of the group, Potterie, created a case made of reinforced clay to keep the keys safe, and Genni imbued it with wind so it was light as a feather. Magileine was overcame by gratitude as she departed.

The witch continued her travels, stopping by wherever, looking for allies and methods to strengthen herself, listening to conversations and watching all manner of creatures. At a certain village, she heard dark rumors of some shadowy creatures sporting strings that were causing trouble in a nearby town. Magileine's heart leapt. Dominated by fury, she hurried to the place, where she indeed saw some disturbing puppets causing trouble and leaving not much later. She followed them and saw them crawl into a cavern in a nearby mountain.

What transpired after the witch entered the cavern recklessly, is too long of a tale. What's true, is that she suddenly found herself completely surrounded by Gimmick Puppets, and had to fight her way out with great difficulty. Indeed, she might have never escaped should she not have carried the golden scissors, which were not used at their full potential, but where enough to defeat most Puppets. The one she couldn't take down was the Puppet of Dark Strings. But strangely enough, the terrible being didn't finish her off. It kept wearing a terrifying smile and looked at the scissors in a weird, amused way of sorts. What was it planning? Regardless, it made a sign and the rest of the Puppets stopped their attack. The battered Madolche didn't think it twice and ran for dear life.

After the disastrous encounter, Magileine's state of mind was yet again through the floor. Her mistake almost cost her life... and her friend's. She continued her quest, her head distracted by gloomy thoughts. Her mood didn't improve when she found a strange troupe of fiendish beings, camping on a vast plain, though at a closer (and much more careful) inspection, they looked rather friendly. She had learned her lesson and kept her distance. Instead, she went to rest to the nearest village. To her surprise, late at night an impressive number of people started to leave their homes. The witch noticed a festive atmosphere in the air. Soon after, she realized the townsfolk where going precisely to the troupe's settlement. She was unable to resist the temptation and followed. The witch had a moment of respite as she watched the show, marvelled. As people left, she stayed behind and engaged in conversation with the artist fiends. They found her pretty funny and insisted on her joining their group. The answer is obvious. What she wanted, was information. Since they were an itinerant troupe, they surely had seen many wonders around the world.

What they told her wasn't precisely useful, but at least she learned of Artifacts. Due to the immensity of the Shaddoll lair and it being crawling with monsters, it was impossible to save her friends. But the artifacts she was told of allowed her to navigate the dungeon more easily. They were feeling in such high spirits after the successful performance, that they even gifted the witch with a Bottled Fairy. Before she left, one of the members mentioned something shady: In a keep to the north, there was a fiendish wizard capable of granting people great powers...

The Madolche thought she had nothing to lose and paid a visit to this warlock, who scared her almost as much as the Dark Puppet. But she was that desperate, and accepted the dark deal proposed to her. As the warlock worked his magic, Magileine felt her life force being sucked. She panicked, but it was too late. Then, as she collapsed, the Fairy broke out of the bottle and its dazzling light made the warlock flee. Bathing Magileine with its light, she managed to recover and, once again, flee. Poor Magileine, she always gets into trouble instead of progressing. Her options starting to dwindle, she went as far as visiting a realm inside a mirror. An adventure that proved more useful than others, as she discovered time didn't flow in the same way within the mirror realm. She didn't train in a white room (just no), but she had a chance to rest without fearing her idleness would harm her friends, and also was able to learn many secrets, like the usage of the Hourglass, the rudiments of Sword and Shield wielding (so, she trained after all, damn!) and the magic of the timeless Golden Apple. One "day", though, as Magileine was sleeping, she had a terrible nightmare portraying the corruption of her friends by the influence of Ikelos, the Dream Mirror Mara. Impelled by this happening, she left the relative safety of the twisted Mirror World to continue her journey.

Soaring through the clouds, the witch saw a winged figure, carrying a large bag with difficulty. It would seem her ration of disasters wasn't enough to keep her away this time, because the witch approached cautiously. It was a strange, man-bird creature, whose eyes, the little girl noticed at once, were brimming with immense wisdom. Though her physical strength was rather lacking, the witch decided to do her best to help the man-bird, who watched her struggle silently, albeit approvingly. After what seemed years due to the exhausting effort, they reached the bird-man's house, a cozy little place settled in the middle of a floating island. The host offered the girl a cup of chocolate and some sweets that Magileine devoured as viciously as the most dangerous SHaddoll. "Genni would faint if she saw this", thought the witch, as she inspected the wondrous library, to which the Witchcrafter's paled in comparison. The bag the bird-man was carrying contained no less than another 200 books to add to the collection. The Madolche helped to place them in their respective shelf, though the Spirit of the Books informed her he'd read 10 of them overnight. He said it with such an earnest tone, she didn't dare to not believe him. But before that, he acceded to tell Magileine of what he knew about the Shaddolls, and even the creatures she had seen in their lair.

The witch learned of their abilities and weaknesses. They talked for hours long, and the 10 books had to wait for another time to be read. But while everything about enemies she learned was valuable, the Spirit of the Books was much more interested in making Magileine understand that her limits would take her far, but she would never reach the goal alone. The witch felt a pang in the heart as she remembered the episode with Naturia Beast, but she knew that was she was being told was true. She was as prepared as she could be, but she alone would not be enough. And a final journey began, in which she searched far and wide for allies to aid her definitive assault at the Shaddoll's lair...

And she found five!

A young quiet lady, expert doll maker and ventriloquist.

A friendly dog plush, magically brought to life.

A tiny girl with immense potential who was always smiling

A giraffe rescued from the clutches of Edison

A kuriboh which had studied under the tutelage of the Dark Magician

The moment has come for them to brave the dungeon and finish the Shaddoll threat once and for all!

or at least before the next Christmas arrives, because it's already halfway through February 

In strict alphabetic order:

@George366 @Loleo @morrisoni4 @Redro @Sleepy @The Nyx Avatar 

Solve - Photo - Post HERE. First person to post the correct answer of these flash puzzles gets da points. You can pick either, just solve and hope the others don't do it faster/pick the same one! Inb4 only Morris appears lol

Puzzle01-6x6.png.795af57e17054f052e8d6bfd24440064.png

1869243665_Puzzle026x6.png.1f06d72ede23924e22d748b07995cab2.png

13 hours ago, Redro said:

Puzzle 2:

1318180707_UntitledProject.png.bbd2b4ea1d228791a724a6e12c765a66.png

12 hours ago, Redro said:

Puzzle 1:

1393125591_Puzzle1.png.1faae4962bb6e77d4572e1d054293249.png

Excellent work, Tinkerer, you got them right! Easy peasy, eh? And you exceeded the expectations, instead of making it in a notebook or something, you took the pic and added the dots, nice!! 

100 events points for you, thanks for participating!

Wrapping my head around how to do the puzzles the first time was confusing, but now that I've finished a couple, I feel as though I understand some of the other core mechanics to help solve 'em quicker/easier next time.  That being said... here's some tips for anyone else aiming to do the dototos!

Tip#1: Be aware of the effects of connecting purple numbered dots. 

• Purple number dots count each other among the number of spaces they can "see".  When you look to connect purple number dots to each other, it gives you twice as many chances for that connecting dot to be "incorrect" because it would be incompatible with one of the numbered dots.  Both the puzzles above have a good example of this.

Puzzle#1

967673093_PzEx1.png.8622f3682980f49d7707268cafad0bb1.png

The yellow space would connect the purple 1 to the purple 4.  However, since the purple 1 can only "see" 1 space, connecting it with any dot 2 spaces away would be incorrect.  The yellow space, therefore, has to be a red dot.

Puzzle#2

2052659744_PzEx2.jpg.d575bc1a6ab1c82282d86b2009fb1ac7.jpg

The yellow space here would connect the 3s to the 5s.  However, this cannot work since the higher 3 is also connected to the 4.  This means that the higher 3 can already "see" 2 different spaces.  If the yellow were to connect the group together, then that higher 3 would be "seeing" 4 dots.  That cannot happen, so the yellow space has to be a red dot.

Tip#2: Look at all the possible spaces where a purple is possible, and fill in those ones that are mandatory.

• This tip is a little tougher to explain, but it's good to do once you look for it.  Big numbers (especially ones on the side of the board or restricted by a red dot) usually have spaces that are forced to be purple because of the sheer amount of spaces they can see.  If you mentally count out which spaces are able to be seen, you will notice there are certain spaces that will have to be filled in no matter what.  Again, it's hard to explain.  Let's see if a demonstration can help:

Puzzle#1

622703871_PzEx3.jpg.4ab05dc666c756f1feac4f962c0946dc.jpg

In this picture the yellow spaces show all the possible spaces that are in the purple 6's line of sight.  Without looking at the rest of the board state, try filling in different combinations of the yellow dots to add up to 6.

527534954_PzEx4.png.0f956091c73bee4b0827c8e3129223be.png

You might have noticed something funny as you were trying different combos.  The yellow spots that I turned orange always seemed to be among those 6 spots.  You can try to fill in as many other spots as possible, but you will always end up with at least those three spots filled.

Those orange spots are mandatory ones if the purple 6 is going to be fulfilled, so you can turn those ones into purple dots.

There's another example of these "mandatory purples" using the purple 5 in the upper row of puzzle#2, but I don't feel like making more example pictures xD

Hope this was helpful, cheers!

Archived