[Fanfiction] Thar's YCM Pairings (PG-16)

Thar

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite how much I wanted to stay away from this topic, I've been called to offer expertise on the following matter... 

The law? I'm familiar with it being a rule, but not as a law.

Thar, the fan fic you wrote up could be qualified as libel. Libel is a form of defamation expressed through, in this instance, words. Lastly, defamation is quite self-explanatory, in that you're damaging the reputation of the person which your libellous piece was written about.

Normally, a disclaimer would be sufficient to disregard any legality issues surrounding it, however Maxxion expressed his written concern that he did not want this piece to be written about him. That instance implied you were creating this fic with full intention of doing so, disregarding Maxxion's expression of no consent whatsoever - that could have surmounted to libellous defamation, which is against the law.

Maxxion may have reacted explosively, but his reaction is more than justified in contrast to the storm of members berating him for standing up for his own rights - ergo, he's entirely in the right about this, and from the instant no consent was given, you should have stopped creating the fic immediately.

Please note how much I cannot stand Maxxion, and defending him is the last thing I'd ever want to do - but the behaviour from a supposedly respectable memberbase has proven to be so atrocious, I'm left speechless, and I'm more than willing to set aside my differences when you're violating a person's reputation and rights.

For the record, should it ever be relevant (though I highly doubt it would ever be), it should be evident that I do not want any fan fic content inspired off of me without my prior given written consent.

Despite how much I wanted to stay away from this topic, I've been called to offer expertise on the following matter... 

Thar, the fan fic you wrote up could be qualified as libel. Libel is a form of defamation expressed through, in this instance, words. Lastly, defamation is quite self-explanatory, in that you're damaging the reputation of the person which your libellous piece was written about.

Normally, a disclaimer would be sufficient to disregard any legality issues surrounding it, however Maxxion expressed his written concern that he did not want this piece to be written about him. That instance implied you were creating this fic with full intention of doing so, disregarding Maxxion's expression of no consent whatsoever - that could have surmounted to libellous defamation, which is against the law.

Maxxion may have reacted explosively, but his reaction is more than justified in contrast to the storm of members berating him for standing up for his own rights - ergo, he's entirely in the right about this, and from the instant no consent was given, you should have stopped creating the fic immediately.

Please note how much I cannot stand Maxxion, and defending him is the last thing I'd ever want to do - but the behaviour from a supposedly respectable memberbase has proven to be so atrocious, I'm left speechless, and I'm more than willing to set aside my differences when you're violating a person's reputation and rights.

For the record, should it ever be relevant (though I highly doubt it would ever be), it should be evident that I do not want any fan fic content inspired off of me without my prior given written consent.

Kyng, I know you have a great dislike for me, as do most of the people with good reason, and I thank you for being polite and logical with this statement. Now let this please be the last word on this, as several mods have asked for this rather sore subject to be forgotten and left be.

*barely skims thing*

Just throwing it out there, I give anyone anywhere full permission to use my likeness in any fic. It's not slander or libel or anything stupid like that if it's parody. Of course, I'm probably not all that YCM popular anymore so no one probably cares.

XOXO
Pika/Hatcher/Catterjune

Alright, I've made some changes to the OP:

1. A new disclaimer has been added stating my respect for anyone who has a clear unlikeliness to be included in any of these fics. If you are either okay or not okay with being written about for the purpose of parody, please say so now. If you have no stated your position when an idea comes up with you included, be sure to state whether or not you're okay with it so that I know whether to stop writing it. You can also PM me if said unlikeliness is crucial to my knowledge.

2. Pertaining to the new disclaimer, StrikerxAlice has been removed in respect for Alice's unlikeliness of it being up. If you have not read it but wish to, PM me, but be sure to keep all talk of said fic in private to avoid further discomfort.

That being said, I shall continue this at my own pace.

I never got a clear answer as to whether or not he's okay with being shipped at all, but either way, the idea doesn't interest me or him.

I am disappointed in the positive way.

You had the obvious opportunity and you did not take it. Congratulations.

I should not that all past and future comments of mine regarding this thread have been and will most likely be purely presumptuous considering I have not read a single one of these stories.

I shall take whatever opportunity I wish that is approved by both parties. Your disappointment does not justify my failure to meet your expectations.

The disappointment has nothing to do with justification. But to continue explaining the position would probably considered spam, so just understand I am satisfied with your decision and let's leave it at that.

(though I'd appreciate if you PM the content of it beforehand before posting it so I can check if anything is objectionable)

With that brought up, there is now an unofficial PM for any fics including members that do not wish to have it shown publicly. If you wish to be a part of it, ask either me or Remo to add you.

Thanks for the clarification, everyone.

I suppose I should also say that you can use me or any character of my likeness in any crackfics you may write on one condition.The condition being that everybody must commit at least one capital offense towards another individual before I may appear. This way Creator and I can never be in the same fic and Remo is effectively a herald of horrible things.

Archived