YCM Network

Night

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Username: Prime-Ace John

How do you plan to contribute?:

I'm big on game play with the GBA and desmume emulator where I can play various Yugioh games. I also have been playing and have recorded many duels on DN and DevPRO. I like playing with fun, weird decks. 

I have experience recording duels, commentating on them, and bringing humor to it all

Welp, I'm awake now and I have a bit of time before I go, so here.

I'm willing to give it to anyone with any competency in regards to handling video files, slight video-editing knowledge would be optimal. 

Good night, and likewise, this is probably my final post for the night.

This also brings up an excellent point. Anyone who's willing to contribute video content should plan on being at least somewhat consistent.

A video noob-guide could be hilarious actually, I'd like to make that our semi-official first project if people like the idea. 

I would like to say that I could handle that, but I've only done minimal video editing in the past so I really would have to practice more. 

Yes. While RL does get in the way and that's understandable, hopefully people could be consistent. I mean, if you have time to record one video, hopefully that means you can record a few more then as well. Then if you're only uploading one or two of those videos a week with the schedule, it shouldn't be too big of a problem hopefully.

And I support the idea of it being the first semi-official project. 

Being consistent is important for this channel, but sometimes life is going to be a pain in the neck and not afford you that time to make the videos like you promised to. Out of curiosity, how long would you like videos to be? (I would assume around 4-6 mins, but since Axi and you are the ones running it, I'll wait for a definite answer)

I would say it greatly depends on the subject matter. If you're playing games like some people are, 15-20, 10-15 minutes can make it hard to make progress in a decent rate. Just look at Game Grumps.

If you're simply talking about just your Noob Tutorial, I can't really provide a "standard" length, but if it was me, I would stick with around ten minutes. Shorter is fine, but it really comes down to how much time you need.

Which actually makes me think of something....

If anybody has any dates or lengths in particular that they know they will be absent for, then they should probably tell me in some way. I am not going to ask for times you may be busy as commonly as school, because I am expecting people to submit their part if the schedule around that.

*Pushes glasses*

And I do not really have experience with YouTube, so if two people in particular give clashing times, is it a problem at all, or would multiple videos in a small period of time be fine with you?

I would say it greatly depends on the subject matter. If you're playing games like some people are, 15-20, 10-15 minutes can make it hard to make progress in a decent rate. Just look at Game Grumps.

Technically, as far as gaming goes, progress in said game depends.
Game Grumps are kinda' sorta' LPers.
Rooster Teeth's Rage Quit is just [X] time while Michael gets angry.
STAR_ Just plays for a few minutes and talks about the game in question.
etc

Technically, as far as gaming goes, progress in said game depends.
Game Grumps are kinda' sorta' LPers.
Rooster Teeth's Rage Quit is just [X] time while Michael gets angry.
STAR_ Just plays for a few minutes and talks about the game in question.
etc

I meant more along the lines of actual full playthrough's/walkthroughs.

Chugga is a good example of keeping the videos short while making progress, but he does cut out a lot of stuff and do a lot of editing.

So it really varies, and the type of gaming being played is important too.

Username: DL

How do you plan to contribute?: Feedback, ideas, and, once I have internet, videos and reviews.

I can do fic reviews, as well as LPs

I say we need to assign at least 4 people, aside from Night and Aix, who have access tot he account and can collect the videos and post them.

Perhaps a daily system, with 7 people, one person per week.

If you have a video, you send that through a PM to the club-assigned person, or post it here (that assigned person should be checking the club for new videos on his or her assigned day every so often) and they post that video.

It seems organized but idk, what do you guys think? More trouble than its worth?

If no one else does so and if you need another person to do it, I could try to help with the Youtube account. I generally leave those things to people more competent then me, but since it requires video editing and the like, I'm probably about on equal terms with most people. I'm a bit out of practice, but I can always give it a try again.

Some sort of process should be written up, once things are completely worked out, for how users will provide their content, such as who to contact, how to give the files, and by what times they should have things completed.

I noticed you were working on a schedule as well, but in the start you might want to take things steady and not try to rush out any content. You will also want to keep in mind/list a backlog of content to be posted, if it comes to that. You won't want to post too much stuff and then have nothing at all to post the next week due to lack of contribution.

Just some things to keep in mind.

Username: Madsen

How do you plan to contribute?: Other than helping out with Showcase related stuff, I'm a big gamer so I can always help with sorting that shit out.

Just want to say, this is a pretty great idea IMO, sure it's not completely necessary but YCM has a huge userbase and content flow could be huge. I know some members already used to do their own YT thing (Dark used to have a Mario and Pokemon series, woovoidedkurai). The potential here is huge, gfx tutorials, speedpaints, let's reads, let's plays, casts, etc.

First video has to be the person with the smoothest voice introducing the channel obviously.

First video has to be the person with the smoothest voice introducing the channel obviously.

Alright, everyone spam the fuck out of rain until he decides to make us an intro video. 

If no one else does so and if you need another person to do it, I could try to help with the Youtube account. I generally leave those things to people more competent then me, but since it requires video editing and the like, I'm probably about on equal terms with most people. I'm a bit out of practice, but I can always give it a try again.

I'd trust you with my life birdie. If no one objects we'll take Caeda as the third director.

If anyone else is interested who has even some competency in video-editing, speak up. 

Also, why the fuck did so many of you apply, it'll take an hour just to add everyone. 

I can do an Intro video.

I would just need a bit of time...

Oh and I am pretty good at video editing, having edited like 200 youtube videos ranging from vlogs to abridged series... but I only have experience with Windows Movie Maker.

However I see no reason why the videos people make and post shouldnt ALREADY be upload-ready.

Except, maybe, we would need to add the YCM Network opening and stuff...but they can download it and add it themselves.

I dont have internet right now but Im in the process of getting the service...so I just gotta wait a week or so...

I DO want to help this be sucessful though.

My laptop has a built in mic and webcam, but I dont think we should do much with actual LIVE VIDEO

See

YCM is a place where people come and chat about topics...but they are usually hidden behind an avatar. So why should the youtube channel reflect otherwise?

Thats just my personal opinion though.

A funny idea would be someone who would go into the Post a Pic of the Real You Thread, and comment on various members pics...

That idea was better in my mind...

Archived