YCM Network

Night

Someone could do a weekly show or whatever like Bad Deck Monday on the Top Cut, except it wouldn't have to be Pokemon. I guess it could be any card game, really, couldn't it? Anyways, for those unfamiliar, it's basically where you build a low-tier deck, explain the premise behind it, and then you can just show a game with it (preferably a win).

Wouldn't have to be the same person every time. In fact, it would be nice to have a variety of different games represented.

I could do something along these lines at some point, if anyone else is in favor. Making low-tier decks is all I do these days.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, with regards to the suggest two groups thing-

Group A is Rooster Teeth

Group B is JonTron

Heh...

But seriously, though, I like the pacing of this idea. Mostly because it can lead to more 1-off ideas, and in general give a lot of things for people to look at.

Dxtory is free as far as I'm aware or at least there are "free versions" (same goes FRAPS)

Let's be frank hardly anyone on YouTube uses legitimate content, although suffice to say I have Adobe Premier among of Adobe Video Editing software as well as Sony Vegas-hell depending on your video even Movie Maker works well, Hypercam is just god awful and would never recommend it even if it's free. 

I have a Windows so that pretty much leaves me with Movie Maker (since most of my stuff is still images [I do have software that can record my desktop, however], doesn't look good). That's my side one for doing GFX things.

The PC I'm using now has some weirder programs, but think the quality looks nicer than Movie Maker [still need to work the kinks out though]

I might have to be in the 2nd group, depending on how college decides to torture me.

Since I have another couple days of spring break, getting started on the How Not to be a Noob video I said I could do. [Oh wait, we agreed on doing that as a club project]. I'll go make the guide to making good cards (the general view). That one is a bit easier. I'm assuming Toyo will be doing more of a competitive aspect.

http://obsproject.com/

Completely free, usually used as streaming software but you can record videos with it as well.

Also, IIRC, there's a handy little guide which shows you what quality you should be going for when recording.

This sounded neat but alas I'm on XP so I cant use it. Oh well. :\

Anyways, for the intro video. Those that are contributing to the video content could give a small clip of their work so viewers will have an idea of who they'd like watch before they sub.

I thought kazooie already rejected that idea, but if its still in discussion I agree with your suggestion.

Assuming Kazooie is the leading change of pace of this concept. 

He's also assuming I rejected anything. :/

I didn't reject the idea. Hell, my post earlier SUPPORTED the idea. I have no idea how he would have got the idea that it rejected it unless he just looked at it, saw that I supported the schedule, and automatically assumed that I was against it. :/

He's also assuming I rejected anything. :/

I didn't reject the idea. Hell, my post earlier SUPPORTED the idea. I have no idea how he would have got the idea that it rejected it unless he just looked at it, saw that I supported the schedule, and automatically assumed that I was against it. :/

I'm sorry, I must have not read closely enough.

Just keep yourself calm and, prior to making any rash choices, think about them. If you can not contribute regularly, why should we reject irregular content that would be nothing less than a situational passive effect in any other game? Regardless of how rarely you contribute, it is purely additional content that we would not have if you left by virtue of that rashness.

While I am here for organization, I am not here for control, and that is also why I do not mind sporadic participation. Stay a member and do not invest yourself enough to stress you but enough to be comfortable. Nobody will judge or ostracize you and you would be as valid a member as the rest of the members.

Yo, if we do any reviews of crappy fics, I suggest we do them from YCM fics.

After all this IS a YCM Network.

There are plenty, so....besides, we'd be unique, because no one has ever heard of the bad fics we have here.

Ah...Lord Beelzephont..... (don't ask, weird ficw with atrocious grammar I read one time here....)

Also I use Audacity for audio and WMM for video.

As for recording games and such on the PC, I use Screencast-o-Matic

It leaves a watermark thing in the lower corner of the screen...

But...hey...

It works.

Also for anyone who didnt know, Guitar Hero mics have surprisingly great quality.

Just for the record, if this is going to be a legitimate thing-Hypercam will not suffice, perhaps it did in 2006 but no not any more, get a decent capture software like Dxtory or FRAPS 

Like I was saying, Hypercam is only good for general use. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, at least the version that I have, for simple capture. If you want to capture a full game in action then you shouldn't use it. It works perfectly fine for me to record saved duels, though. Quality depends on your settings. Only downside I have with it is that because the way my computer is set up I can't also record audio from screen. That's just a problem with me, though.

If you plan on doing something more intensive than what I listed, definitely get something else. I haven't tried anything else because I've never desired to do anything else with it.

Guys, if we are going to include the readings of crappy fics- We have to include at least 1 MLP, Sonic, or other Mary-sue based OC-master-race fic. If only because it would be so over-the-top.

Also, as far as game videos go... Are we basically now doing 'capture card-esque only or gtfo'?

Guys, if we are going to include the readings of crappy fics- We have to include at least 1 MLP, Sonic, or other Mary-sue based OC-master-race fic. If only because it would be so over-the-top.

I have a Sonic/Jesse Pinkman crossover that'll be perfect for one of those.

Archived