YCM Network

Night

*Raises hand*
I have Adobe Premiere, and have edited a video or two.
ALTHOUGH, Kazooie as one of the directors, does in fact sound quite good.

YCM is a place where people come and chat about topics...but they are usually hidden behind an avatar. So why should the youtube channel reflect otherwise?

OOOH!
WE COULD DO THIS LIKE METAL GEAR/MERCENARY KINGS/[Insert appropriate parody here]
You show two avatars, and darken whichever one isn't talking =D

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Username: .Rai
How do you plan to contribute?: I've contributed the channel name, just saying. Design and planning's my forté, so I'd like to relegate myself to a more secretary-style work, but I can help elsewhere (I might get on my ass to guest on The Sunday Art with Night, tbd). Guess I'm an emergency video editor if the others are out too.

Because most people won't produce actual content in the form of recording. Lot of this is feedback and brainstorming. Also, I just realized I haven't talked to anyone cept Night; on a scale from 1-10, how smooth is Rains voice?

Pretty fucking smooth. 

Speaking of which, it might be a good idea to get together with those whom you've spoken to before and feel comfortable around and at least consider making video content with said person. 

*Raises hand*
I have Adobe Premiere, and have edited a video or two.

Sounds good, I'll send you the account details.

Username: .Rai
How do you plan to contribute?: I've contributed the channel name, just saying. Design and planning's my forté, so I'd like to relegate myself to a more secretary-style work, but I can help elsewhere (I might get on my ass to guest on The Sunday Art with Night, tbd). Guess I'm an emergency video editor if the others are out too.

You fucking better. 

Also, speaking of Art with Night, I've got my equipment ready to go, only thing is my cousin's coming in from out-of-state and staying for the week which'll probably mean that I'll only be sober 25% of the time.

I'll manage the channel and upload anything if need be, I just won't be able to upload any of my own content at least until Wednesday. 

Oh and a massive thanks to Hina for adding all of the names to the front page. 

Oh, you really don't have to thank me. I did voluntarily put it on myself and even went out of my way to have you let me. Just do whatever you have to do and I'll try to take care of any little messes or organization that might appear along the way.

That is my job, after all.
I'm probably going to take note of what people say in terms of their abilities. Maybe even just watch from far and help behind the curtains as usual.

It's a month or so early for a heads-up, but I'm definitely going to be busy during May 8th - 16th due to college finals so if any videos are expected of me during the time, I won't be able to.

If anything else comes up, I'll say something ahead of time but otherwise I'll aim for a bi-weekly video or something along those lines when I'm not busy.

It's a month or so early for a heads-up, but I'm definitely going to be busy during May 8th - 16th due to college finals so if any videos are expected of me during the time, I won't be able to.
If anything else comes up, I'll say something ahead of time but otherwise I'll aim for a bi-weekly video or something along those lines when I'm not busy.

In terms of this, others should feel free to mention any time they will be busy like this on the slightest whim. I'm paying close attention to all posts and will record any mentions of absence so that you do not have to worry about that.

Now heres the thing.

Will we have actual expectations or deadlines for videos?

Cuz I felt it would be more of a 'just make content, and post, at your own pace'

Having some sort of schedule is helpful for viewers (if any) to know when a new vid will come up. If there is no standard set-up, there is no real obligation for any content at all, which would suck.

I'd trust you with my life birdie. If no one objects we'll take Caeda as the third director.

If anyone else is interested who has even some competency in video-editing, speak up. 

...Bit of exaggeration there Night. o-o

But since it's something I can do to help, I'll gladly do it!

Just when you get the chance, message me the account details so that way I can actually upload things and help with it when it becomes time.

Now heres the thing

Will we have actual expectations or deadlines for videos?

Cuz I felt it would be more of a 'just make content, and post, at your own pace'

I don't mind it being laidback.

But I can't imagine someone not being able to record at least one video a week if they're going to start a project that needs commitment. 

I mean, if you're going to be doing something that takes a while to finish, it really shouldn't be too much to ask for a video a week, especially if you record in bulk. o-o

Someone could do a weekly show or whatever like Bad Deck Monday on the Top Cut, except it wouldn't have to be Pokemon. I guess it could be any card game, really, couldn't it? Anyways, for those unfamiliar, it's basically where you build a low-tier deck, explain the premise behind it, and then you can just show a game with it (preferably a win).

Wouldn't have to be the same person every time. In fact, it would be nice to have a variety of different games represented.

How about something along the lines of this for scheduling.

Put people into two groups

Group one would consist of those that can submit content on a regular basis. Which would make up the normal schedule.

Group two would consist of those that can't submit on a regular basis but can still give content. The videos from this group could be considered as bonus content for the channel.

Sound solid?

I like it as well.

Or rather, we'd have an official team who submits regularly, and anyone not in that official team can still submit bonus content.

because while I do see the value of having a schedule and keeping with it, especialy for show-like videos, like talk shows and stuff, I also feel that as a community website, we should be kind of like...a place where things work as acommunity, not a company xD

But I like the idea.

because while I do see the value of having a schedule and keeping with it, especialy for show-like videos, like talk shows and stuff, I also feel that as a community website, we should be kind of like...a place where things work as acommunity, not a company xD

But I like the idea.

It's to keep the channel active though. xD

Without a schedule of what uploads when, it could be really easily to forget about something, or see something never finish. The schedule isn't going to be like, DO NOW OR OUT, it's more like... If something is given to us, this is the day we upload it.

If the regular scheduled video isn't given to us, then this is where I'm hoping the less common contributors can pitch in. I hate to use the word, but filler technically. They don't give us things regularly, but what they do give us is either uploaded on the more "down" days, or uploaded when someone else is unable to give us a video for their day!

Can anyone tell me what free software I can use to help make videos?

Hypercam is good for general use for screencapturing footage. I've only tried one other and it didn't work for me (sorry, don't remember which it was), but Hypercam hasn't let me down. Just don't use it for stuff like recording an FPS or high intensity footage. It can only handle so much, and it will be very very laggy.

You can use Download Helper to swipe videos if you need specific footage of something, but there's also lots of sites that let you download YouTube videos. Be wary of using copyrighted music. Usually obscure bands or anime/video game OSTs don't get videos taken down.

Audacity is good for recording audio, and you can also edit it, though I'm not too good at that. I use Sony Vegas for all of my editing. Which isn't free unless you get it illegally. If you just want to slap audio and video together, then you can just use something like Windows Movie Maker. I'm not too sure what else you could use that's free, to be honest.

Archived