Yu-gi-oh Gym Challenge

Tinkerer

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I would like to do either Fish, Psychic or Rock-Type. Probably Psychic as it's the one I know best, my Rock-Type deck sucks and my Fish-Type one is Nimbles so I would have to rethink it.

That is, of course, supposing this can happen on DN. Although I would happily let somebody else have my role if it wasn't, as I have lots of other things to do anyway.

I had an earlier battle with egotisticalghost as the Winged Beast gym leader on DN. We didn't finish, though, so no badge has been awarded.

That said, I don't think it should matter what dueling medium is used as long as the challenger & leader can come to a consensus.

I actually need to make a GOOD DECK first :/

I might consider switching to another type, since being in the OMNI League is a lot of pressure on making a good Deck.

Also, with the OMNIs being able to use Limited cards, does that mean using 1 copy of banned cards also?

Hey Yui, do you want to switch leagues with JM? That'll put Plants in the unrestricted OMNI League as well as take pressure off of JM. Of course, JM, that would mean that Warriors would be put in EARTH League and be a bit more restricted. Would that be alright with you both?

@Ego

Sure, I'm going to head to the library tomorrow anyway. I should be good. I'm in Eastern Standard Time and should be open most of the morning/early afternoon.

@Garland

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not doing battles tonight. I only built 1 mediocre Gym deck so I'll need to fix that and build some more decks. Do you have an idea of what gym you want to challenge so I could prep?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not doing battles tonight. I only built 1 mediocre Gym deck so I'll need to fix that and build some more decks. Do you have an idea of what gym you want to challenge so I could prep?

I could go for the Thunder gym.

@Giga

The short, blunt answer is yes, your gym is going to be terrible...

But you have to realize that no one is going to have an optimal build. This is meant to be casual, creative and fun, so don't dwell on it too much.

You are actually allowed to use a majority of the Volcanics as individuals EXCEPT for Hammerer & Blaster since they affect Volcanic as an archetype. Unfortunately though, you cannot use Blaze Accelerator Reload, so their major power-player is gone.

@Garland

Ok

@Yui

Cool

@Wild

Sure thing. I'll put you in the OP.

Yeah, I wasn't sure where to put this since it didn't really fit in a lot of other sections. If a mod finds a better home and moves this thread, I'm fine with it.

'K, so. Wild, when you have a deck ready for YGOPro, would you mind a duel?

I'm on it, just a couple of questions before that

1- "cannot use any subtypes" means no Tuner monsters?

2- Is there any Type/Attribute restriction for Extra Deck monsters?

@Wildflame

You can go nuts with the Extra Deck. Tuners are the only subtype you are allowed (I'll put that in the OP).

@FF

Sure, you can use Zombies. ...I guess you can use Wights. They aren't a formal archetype so it should be ok.

Archived