Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a holiday themed Archetype that I worked on during the final days of 2015, but I am not sure how well they actually do.

All I know about their performance is from AI fights in YGOPro; they were able to beat some meta decks, but either I got lucky or AI misplayed.

Don't think they'll fit into the AGM Duel Terminal World, unless I set them as a neutral party that gets dragged into the war.

[spoiler=Jedi]

Jedi Guardian

Level 4

LIGHT/Psychic

ATK: 1500 DEF: 1400

Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; Destroy it, then you lose LP equal to its level times 200. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can discard 1 card and target 1 "Jedi" monster you control; It cannot be targeted by card effects this turn.

----

Jedi Constellar

Level 4

LIGHT/Psychic

ATK: 1000 DEF: 1500

Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; Gain LP equal to its level times 100. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can discard 1 card and target 1 "Jedi" monster you control; It cannot be destroyed by card effects this turn.

----

Jedi Sentinel

Level 5

LIGHT/Psychic

ATK: 2000 DEF: 1500

If you control a "Jedi" monster, except "Jedi Sentinel", you can Special Summon this card(from your Hand). This card can attack directly, but if it does so with this effect, the damage is halved. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can discard 1 card; Negate the effects of 1 card on the field this turn.

----

Jedi Padawan

Level 3

LIGHT/Psychic/Tuner

ATK: 1000 DEF: 1200

If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card(from your hand) in Defense Position. You can only summon "Jedi Padawn" once per turn this way. If this card is used as material in the Synchro Summon of a "Jedi" monster: You can add 1 "Force" card from your Deck to Hand.

----

Jedi Knight

Level 4

LIGHT/Psychic/Tuner

ATK: 1500 DEF: 1400

If you control only "Jedi" monsters: You can Special Summon this card(from your Hand) in Defense Position. You can only summon "Jedi Knight" once per turn this way. If this card is used as material in the Synchro Summon of a "Jedi" monster: You can draw 1 card.

----

Jedi Master

Level 4

LIGHT/Psychic/Tuner

ATK: 1900 DEF: 1400

If you control a "Jedi" monster, except "Jedi Master", you can special summon this card(from your Hand). This card can be treated as a non-Tuner. If this card is used as material in the synchro summon of a "Jedi" monster: You can add 1 "Jedi" or "Force" card from your Deck to Hand.

----

Jedi Starfighter

Level 6

LIGHT/Machine

ATK: 2000 DEF: 1600

You pay pay 1000 LP; Special Summon 1 "Jedi" monster from your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Jedi Starfighter" once per turn. Once per turn: You can target 1 other "Jedi" monster you control; Increase or decrease its level by 1.

----

Jedi Temple

Field Spell

"Jedi" monsters cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, if you discard 1 card(and only 1): You can draw 1 card. When you Synchro Summon a "Jedi" monster: Place 1 Force Counter on this card. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 "Jedi" monster from your Hand or Graveyard whose level is equal to or lower than the number of Force Counters on this card.

----

Balance of the Force

Continuous Spell

During your End Phase, if you discarded a card to activate a card effect: You can add 1 card in your graveyard that was discarded this turn to hand. When this face-up card is sent to the Graveyard: You can shuffle 2 "Jedi" and 1 "Force" card in your Graveyard into your Deck(except "Balance of the Force"), then draw 1 card.

----

Force Push

Quickplay Spell

Target 1 monster your opponent controls; Negate that monster's effect this turn, and if you do, change its battle position on the field. It cannot change its battle position this turn.

----

Jedi Seventh Sense

Continuous Spell

"Jedi" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn: You can add 1 "Jedi" monster in your Graveyard to Hand.

----

Force Lightning

Trap

Target 1 monster your opponent controls; Negate that monster's effects, and if you do, your opponent cannot activate the effect of a card with that card's name during their next turn.

----

Force Repulse

Counter Trap

If your opponent activates a card effect that would target or destroy a "Jedi" monster you control: Negate that effect and send the card to the Graveyard, then you can add 1 "Force" card from your Deck to Hand.

----

Jedi Master Kit Fisto

Level 7

LIGHT/Psychic/Synchro

ATK: 2600 DEF: 1900

1 "Jedi" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned(and not negated): Target 1 Spell/Trap card on the field; Banish it. During either player's turn, if your opponent activates a Spell/Trap card: You can discard 1 card; Negate the activation and place the card on top of your opponent's Deck. You can only use each effect of "Jedi Master Kit Fisto" once per turn.

----

So, this is my current project. Thoughts so far?

Anyone wanna collab with me on Metalocolypse(a synchro OTK deck themed around metal/rock music)?

It's an aggressive archetype; not an OTK archetype.

Archetype of DARK Warrior and Fiend-Type monsters. They're all named/themed after metal artists (Iron Maiden, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, AC DC, Nirvana, ect). They have good/high ATK. Their effects all state "Cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon". Their Extar Deck monsters are Synchro monsters (get it? Synchronize? Synchro). Their Spell/Trap cards are named after metal songs, such as Heart Shaped Box, Eye of the Tiger, and The Devil Went Down to Georgia to name a few (except "Metalocolypse Solo"). Their play style is aggressive, and all Trap Cards are solely to punish your opponent. Spell Cards are solely to promote archetype monsters and/or user. They're not too difficult to Summon, but don't rely on cheap tactics and poor costs (such as 500 Life Points), either.

It's an aggressive archetype; not an OTK archetype.

Archetype of DARK Warrior and Fiend-Type monsters. They're all named/themed after metal artists (Iron Maiden, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, AC DC, Nirvana, ect). They have good/high ATK. Their effects all state "Cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon". Their Extar Deck monsters are Synchro monsters (get it? Synchronize? Synchro). Their Spell/Trap cards are named after metal songs, such as Heart Shaped Box, Eye of the Tiger, and The Devil Went Down to Georgia to name a few (except "Metalocolypse Solo"). Their play style is aggressive, and all Trap Cards are solely to punish your opponent. Spell Cards are solely to promote archetype monsters and/or user. They're not too difficult to Summon, but don't rely on cheap tactics and poor costs (such as 500 Life Points), either.

Same thing, like apples and oranges.

I'm working on a game that's essentially my personal take on classic fantasy, by having it take place in a world populated by "fusion cultures":

Hodan (Han China, Roman Empire)- Most of the game takes place here.

Moctiva (Aztec Empire, Czarist Russia)

Esperell (Ancient Greece, Feudal Japan)- Never visited in-game, but one character hails from here.

Norrannia (Vikings + Celts)

Alrua (India + Moorish Spain)

[uNNAMED] (Incan Empire, Egyptian Empire)

Araka (Zulu Empire, Persian Empire)

I'm honestly curious which ones I should develop more, for possible sequels (it is a RTS game, after all- maybe it could involve wars between groups not involved in this particular game). Any that stand out to you guys?

"Free to play"- refers to supposedly free games that just having your parents' credit card immediately makes you better off than anyone with skill but no money.

Makes you want to choke somebody.

Free to Play refers to games which do not cost money to buy.

Pay to Play also referred to as "Free to Play" (Which you may or not actually be referring to), refers to games which do not cost money either, but allow/require you to spend money in order to advance.

--------

Sorry, just...real Free to Play is a good thing.

Archived