Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be interested on Star Dragons, but as college is back in session, I will have less time to design cards than I'd like.

Then again, haven't done a collab set since 2011 (yeah, that long ago) and that was for Ice Barrier stuff.

Personal project-wise, don't think I have anything (well, maybe except some extension stuff to whatever I was working on towards the end of last year, but almost done with that).

I intend for the [King of the] Malicious Empire Archetype to not be written, but here's a written example of what I will be doing.

Warrior of the Malicious Empire

**** - EARTH - Warrior/Effect - 1800/700

If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can target 1 card your opponent controls; Equip that target to this card. You can destroy 1 Equip card you control that was not originally an Equip Spell Card; Reveal 3 "Malicious Empire" cards in your Deck, then your opponent adds one of them to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Warrior of the Malicious Empire" once per turn.

I haven't done a project in a while either (in terms of AGM stuff), well bar for Show Jumpers (which I am not totally satisfied with).

Elsewhere, basically extension work on a holiday Archetype I made during the final week of last year.

If you guys want, suppose I can post them (but it's pretty much simplistic at this point).

--------

Guess I go on my back burner of ideas and pick from there.

Oh yeah, and I have to help ego with some stuff for his set (well, wording anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking that someone with f***tons of free time puts up all the AGM cards on DP, and we each take an archetype or two to test over a weekend or two.

Should've come up with this over the holidays. I now have school, so time is limited.

So, I've come up with a way to make this work.

Our meta will be, at baseline, purely cards we have created. If an archetype is ours, but wasn't AGM, we can make it part of this by getting it "promoted" by one member that isn't ourselves (example, my "Serpent Night", "Darkhorse", or "Aeon" stuff getting promoted by Nyx, EG, Sakura, etc).

Individual members can "promote" individual Konami cards, that aren't attached to an archetype (MST, older Normal monsters in most cases, Fire Princess, Urgent Tuning, etc.)

It takes 2 members to "promote" a member of a series- any Felgrand card, the "Forbidden" Quick-Play stuff, the "Solemn" Counter Traps (not counting the Continuous "Solemn Wishes", which has nothing to do with the others), or, weirdly enough, the Monarchs, as they never specifically mention "Monarch" cards by name in their card text.

It takes 3 members to "promote" an entire archetype- be careful, though, because if a member of an archetype is also a member of another sub-archetype (the Numbers with Utopia, Synchrons with Junk and/or Stardust), you need a fourth member for promotion if you want that member to come with.

To "promote" a card, say something along the lines of "I'm promoting Card/Archetype X," and if you need help, say how many other people you'd need.

And there's an efficient system I came up with in like 15 seconds.

I'm in college, so I literally have no breaks for making cards (or very minimal). That, and Silverlight/Pipelight wants to be stupid and not work on my computer (the one I'm writing this on), so can't access DP; I technically can, but have to use my other drive for it (and it's a pain to do so). 

I'm tempted to create a "reboot meta" (put just the AGM cards, some of our personal archetypes, and a short list of approved Konami cards, in a vacuum) and let us test out the AGM archetypes against one another.

That could work.

Gives me a reason to reactivate that card pool thread I wrote back in September for tournament stuff.

Also got pics for them, so no looking at blank stuff.

So, remember: the only cards we'd be allowed to use would be AGM cards, so if you want any Konami cards at all they'd need to be promoted.

I promote "Solemn Wishes" - add to AGM!

I promote "Spell Absorption" - add to AGM!

I promote Dova's "Akkedis" archetype - add to AGM!

I promote the "Dragon Ruler" series - 1 person required!

I promote the "Venom" archetype - 2 people required!

I would promote my Psychic Dragon stuff, but that thing is massive as hell so going to abstain on putting it up.

(There's a link in my signature where you can look at it; otherwise, think of them as Dragon versions of Blackwings [and I guess RRs now])

----

I promote the following (using list because it's repetitive to say "I promote [x] however many times":

• MST (well, backrow removal needs to exist; unless you guys want Twin Twister as well)
  • Mirror Force
  • Raigeki
  • Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
  • Stardust Dragon
  • RDA-Scarlight
  • Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
  • Stamping Destruction
  • Bottomless Trap Hole - 1 more member b/c Traptrix made "Holes" an Archetype

This should be good enough for now.

Since "Hole" is a series (an archetype implies that at least 1 member of said archetype mentions the name of the archetype. As a series, Trap Holes have a recurring theme but none of them mention each other), you do indeed need 1 more promotion: but that would add all "Trap Hole" cards (OG, Time-Space, Acid, etc.)

An archetype (which requires 3 total promotions) is defined as such:

A recurring theme, with a common naming element.

At least 1 member of said archetype mentions another member of said archetype by name, or the name of the archetype as a whole.

Contains at least 5 total cards.

This means "Aroma" barely qualifies (Aroma Jar, the 4 Mages, and Garden), but despite Monarchs having more members and support, they are a series (meaning it would only take 2 total people to give us the Monarchs) due to no Monarch card mentioning "Monarch" in its card text, only in their name.

Because no Trap Hole outright mentions another Trap Hole, only the Traptrix do, the Trap Holes are technically a series, not an archetype.

I will provide the Trap Hole series with their second promotion. +1 promotion, all Trap Holes are welcome.

This means both "Venom" and the Dragon Ruler series need 1 additional promotion.

That would be an easy thing: no one wants to add all the Tellarknights, so it would stay away from the AGM.

And, without some of their enablers or what they enable, Rulers shouldn't be too bad.

So, here's what we have:

Everything under the "Archetype Pages" spoiler on Page 1.

My "Serpent Night" archetype.

Dova's "Akkedis" archetype.

The "Trap Hole" series.

Solemn Wishes.

Spell Absorption.

Mystical Space Typhoon.

Mirror Force.

Raigeki.

Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon.

Stardust Dragon.

Red Dragon Archfiend - Scarlight.

Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer.

Stamping Destruction.

Currently in limbo: Dragon Rulers, the "Venom" archetype.

Archetypes of mine that would be fun to promote: "Chthonian" (Let's give us a million and one Battle Phases!), "Darkhorse" (Fill the void left by us not having anything like BW or Dark Scorpions!), "Aeon" (Because what is Yu-Gi-Oh! without a Magician or two?), "D-Order" (Warrior-Type retooling of various Dragons), "Jetsects/Mecharachnids" (Insect-Type Fusion/Xyz), "Aura" (because Equip Spells need more love), aND maybe "Command Titans" (inverse Immortals).

I would promote "Aroma", but no one else would really go for it, and promoting "Red-Eyes" is asking for Flare Metal to eat our entire meta, what with "Serpent Night" and "Steel Dragon" in the same metagame. I also kinda want to promote "Magician", but that's unlikely to end well.

Cue Garland promoting "Destruction Sword" in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

I'll vote for your Chtonian and Aura for the moment!

As for Archetypes of mine to suggest:

"Leviathans" - Who needs a Graveyard!

"-zord" - Because I really like the combination of Fusion Unions.

"New Order" - Because I love RUMs.

"Dystopian/Number I" - for a new take on Numbers.

Archived