Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

A daily reminder that the Archetype game needs updating...again (and all I said at the end was to not make it a Link-focused one for obvious reasons; first part was suggestion, but obviously you can do something else with it).

Trivia: I ripped it from a Build-A-Bear Workshop group of stuffed animals, so yeah.

====

Part of me thinks I should just post whatever I got, and then add on later when I get to it. I tend to just post everything at once. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skull Vendor?

Sounds interesting, I'll give it that.

Also also also- "Draconus's AGM Legacy Support Thread" will be going up soon, containing the following:

Support for all four Konami archetypes in the AGM- Venom, Aroma, Toon, and Destruction Sword!

New cards to help Funereal Flowers, Buster Blader Platoon, and several other AGM archetypes!

A new Sclera Guild card!

Also, anyone in the group who wants to make support for "Aura", "Darkhorse", "Aeon", or basically any of my archetypes that got added bar Spellbound/Mellaxis (which is already a 50-card archetype with the biggest toolbox of anything in the AGM, with the ability to access more than half our generic Fusions, Synchros, and Xyz without much difficulty) is allowed to, but I do ask that you visit the thread to see what they actually do. For example, Darkhorse is a battle-heavy Synchro/Fusion archetype made of DARK Beasts, Winged Beasts, and a couple Beast Warriors, so giving them, say, an Xyz monster would be dumb.

Also also also- "Draconus's AGM Legacy Support Thread" will be going up soon, containing the following:

Support for all four Konami archetypes in the AGM- Venom, Aroma, Toon, and Destruction Sword!

New cards to help Funereal Flowers, Buster Blader Platoon, and several other AGM archetypes!

A new Sclera Guild card!

Dude please stop. You're killing me here. <3

Now let's see what else you design for.

I'll leave a short checklist of the members I plan to make for my current project ("PRAISE YCM MODS")

• Me (already done) - Level 10 [may modify effects]
  • Black - Level 10 [probably will have Scar-Red Nova stats to counter my Shooting Star Dragon ones, if I decide to extend this to him (need to check when the prompt was made, and if Black was mod at this time)]
  • Flame Dragon - Level 8
  • evilfusion - Level 8
  • Night - Level 8
  • Hi I'm Dad - Level 6
  • Gadjiltron - Level 6
  • Nai - Level 6
  • Zextra - Level 4 (sorry Zex, I kinda have to do this)
  • Zai - Level 4 (I told you he'd get a slot somewhere)

I don't know Rai and Aix that well (former is somewhat inactive lately), so they aren't really in there; no offense to them. Zex and Zai will be the semi-Nomis, so you can freely revive them if need-be. YCMaker isn't here because reasons (and hey, we have 10 members now in a 2-3-3-2 pattern)

Ritual Spells will be similar to Nekroz, but not really. 

====

Will need to calibrate stats for the other members below me/Black to be appropriate for their Levels; also do not make them a direct clone of Nekroz. Support monsters will likely be drawn from members I have on friend list or have a good opinion about, so...

Likely will be multi-Attribute. 

You might be in here somewhere (maybe as a Shurit of sorts, or something to accelerate getting us out); Cow, I don't know (and how am I going to make a card that appropriately suits him; barring general discussions we had of him during the PR thing). So maybe searcher role for you (as I don't think I'm making a Brio clone out of the other mods).

No retired mods (Black and Zex technically are right now, but at the time prompt was conceived, Zex still was on the team [albeit very inactive]), as were Roxas (demoted recently for reasons you probably know by now concerning him/Winter), Mugen, Aix (maybe LZ too...). Maybe they can be a sub-Archetype, but will have to think about it. 

Draconus, Acolyte of the YCM Heavenly Sovereigns

FIRE - Level 3 - (Fairy?)/Effect - 1200/1200

When this monster is Normal or Special Summoned, you can add 1 "YCM Heavenly Sovereign" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If this monster would be used as Ritual Tribute, you can treat this monster as the entire Tribute. You can shuffle this monster from your Graveyard into your Deck: Add 1 Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

Have a freebie.

I still don't know how to design for Rituals. Best I've done was Bident Beetle, and that was just something that could self-Honest versus Warriors and Beast-Warriors.

But seriously, I do encourage designing for some of my archetypes. Their gimmicks are relatively simple most of the time, and a lot of the older ones (Aura most notably) have issues with consistency.

Can I get a review on my Legacy Support Thread, just so I know it's getting a solid look?

I'm not really used to Ritual decks either, well, outside Hieratic Saffira (yes, I'm still married to Sapphy as far as YCM standards go) and Nekroz; latter of which the playstyle will be based on, but not entirely. I mean, those are actually the only good Ritual Monsters that can cohesively work (idk, maybe Heralds but what do I know?)

At the present time, I have the card based on me, one on Flame and the support one you made of yourself. 

Yeah, no problem. I was pretty sure that's what you meant. It's really interesting looking at these older designs though!

I still remember when I'd have effects like "When this card is Normal Summoned, you", but by now they go more like "When this card is Normal Summoned: You". And since mid-2016 I think, I changed from "When" to "If". My experiences in YGOPro also reassured me that I had to stop with "When".

I still use "if" for optional stuff that doesn't miss timing (you choose to activate or not) with the "you can" string, and "when" for stuff that you have to activate no matter what. That's probably why some of my designs are linear [don't necessarily miss], but at the same time, it's simple enough that you don't need to consult Konami / evilfusion for a ruling query.

"This is what the card does; move on with next thing."

====

idk, Konami needs to standardize these things.

I still use "if" for optional stuff that doesn't miss timing (you choose to activate or not) with the "you can" string, and "when" for stuff that you have to activate no matter what. That's probably why some of my designs are linear [don't necessarily miss], but at the same time, it's simple enough that you don't need to consult Konami / evilfusion for a ruling query.

"This is what the card does; move on with next thing."

====

idk, Konami needs to standardize these things.

By now, I really only have "When" in card effects in effects that activate upon Normal Summon.

Also:

Sample of SCP

YSaEjVx.jpg

DARK

Level 6

Fiend/Effect

ATK:2400

DEF:1000

While this card remains face-up on the field, both players can only Summon once per turn unless they control an "SCP" monster. During each player's End Phase: You can destroy 1 monster on the field.

Summon lock effect, but a destruction effect to relate to 173's trait, where it comes closer to you/attacks you if you look away or blink. Might change it to Rock-Type though.

Just because I think people forgot how this worked (I know Garland did), here's a reminder about card additions:

AGM members can request the addition of one non-archetypal Konami card at will, but it can be vetoed by one other member.

Two AGM members working together can request the addition of a series of cards- defined by there being several cards that share a similar form/purpose, but no support for them as a group that mentions an archetype name (Digital Bugs are technically a series, as are the Mirror Force cards, the Dragon Rulers, the Dark Magician support, etc), but two other AGM members can agree to veto that decision.

Three members are required to add an archetype, defined by there being a card that refers to an entire group by name. For example, because Raidraptor Nest refers to "Raidraptor" monsters, Traptrix effects refer to "Hole" Normal Traps, Arsenal Summoner can search "Guardian" monsters, etc, those are treated as archetypes.

A super-archetype, defined as an archetype that features members of one or more other archetypes within them (Galaxy with Galaxy-Eyes, Numbers with lots of things, Rank-Up-Magic with Raidraptors, Ciphers, and Phantom Knights, etc) requires four different AGM members to come to a consensus on adding it, and a veto requires four other members to shoot it down.

Let's see who's actually active in here:

• Me
  • You
  • Nyx
  • Tinkerer
  • Garland (I guess)
  • Tojin (mildly)
  • ChampionZero
  • Talim Rave (Does she even care about this club anymore?)
  • Surraco (conditional acceptance)

So yeah, either stuff is going to be one-way added or rejected.

===
[spoiler=Current stuff for "PRAISE YCM MODS!"]
YCM Heavenly Sovereign - Sakura the Hurricane Dragon
Level 10 / WIND / Dragon / Ritual / Effect
3300/2500
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "YCM Heavenly" Spell Card. Must be Ritual Summoned without using any Level 10 monsters and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. ① Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. ② Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can negate the Summon of a monster or a card effect, and if you do, destroy that card. ③ If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can draw 1 card.

YCM Heavenly Sovereign - Huǒlóng the Raging Dragon
Level 8 / FIRE / Dragon / Ritual / Effect
2800/1500
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "YCM Heavenly" Spell Card. Must be Ritual Summoned without using "YCM Heavenly Sovereign - Huǒlóng the Raging Dragon" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can only use the ② effect of this card's name once per turn. ① Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. ② Once per turn: You can banish 1 monster on the field, then your opponent takes damage equal to the higher of its ATK or DEF.

Draconus, Acolyte of the YCM Heavenly Sovereigns
Level 3 / FIRE / Fairy / Effect
1200/1200
① If this monster is Normal or Special Summoned: you can add 1 "YCM Heavenly Sovereign" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. ② If you Ritual Summon exactly 1 "YCM Heavenly Sovereign" Ritual Monster with a card effect that requires use of monsters, this card can be used as the entire requirement. ③ You can shuffle this monster from your Graveyard into the Deck: Add 1 Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

(Aside from wording changes, this is still Draco's original effect)

Just because I think people forgot how this worked (I know Garland did), here's a reminder about card additions:

AGM members can request the addition of one non-archetypal Konami card at will, but it can be vetoed by one other member.

Two AGM members working together can request the addition of a series of cards- defined by there being several cards that share a similar form/purpose, but no support for them as a group that mentions an archetype name (Digital Bugs are technically a series, as are the Mirror Force cards, the Dragon Rulers, the Dark Magician support, etc), but two other AGM members can agree to veto that decision.

Three members are required to add an archetype, defined by there being a card that refers to an entire group by name. For example, because Raidraptor Nest refers to "Raidraptor" monsters, Traptrix effects refer to "Hole" Normal Traps, Arsenal Summoner can search "Guardian" monsters, etc, those are treated as archetypes.

A super-archetype, defined as an archetype that features members of one or more other archetypes within them (Galaxy with Galaxy-Eyes, Numbers with lots of things, Rank-Up-Magic with Raidraptors, Ciphers, and Phantom Knights, etc) requires four different AGM members to come to a consensus on adding it, and a veto requires four other members to shoot it down.

Which card was suggested to be added into AGM?

Archived