Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idea is that you try to incorporate the theme however it was originally conceived; you have creative liberty on other stuff you wish to do.

Ah yes, I need a new project to do now.

Give me a sec + I'll go read through some stuff in the thread (otherwise, will play around with some of my back ideas)

TBH, both of the themes I did thus far either had their name/playstyle contributed by me.

Regarding that tournament that Draconus made, so far, not much progress.

Like I mentioned, it's going to be a major pain in the ass to design the banlist on my own.

(I did mention to Striker that I might request his assistance on the list, but he's sort of busy with Leaderboard [in which he still needs to send me his card])

Therefore, the primary list will be built from whatever you guys choose to run, and more will be added later. 

I need to find a new project to do, and this time, I'll try to find one that I've not contributed either the name or specs.

BTW though, I did mention discussing the tournament attempt in here, so...

How about Hydra?

A level 1 FIRE Reptile archetype that all have 2 main abilities: 1. If destroyed by battle, you can summon 2 Hydras with the same name 2. All Hydras gain 1 level for each Hydra card you control. Their boss is an OP Rank 6 FIRE Dragon monster.

If you have a open slot, I might be interested.

Weaknesses: Avoids card art all together, stubborn

Strengths: Rational, Love for card design

Trivia: Everyone assumes I'm a dude even though I have never said a single word about it , also new but not noob

I'm not sure what I did wrong regarding the tournament, if I'm honest.

Tbh, I think it was mostly timing. Everyone seems to have lots of things to do IRL.

However, I think that before another tourney is attempted, we should get some of the cards up and tested on DP and perhaps a banlist set beforehand.

Well, given that I enjoy Traditional (nothing, no matter how broken, is outright banned), I might not be the best candidate for composing a banlist, but once I get past my technical difficulties I can upload all the AGM cards- and, given that there's not a tournament going on, I can take however long as I damned well please.

I think we should wait to try again until people are clearer, though, like maybe July.

So, as I'm working on the Yuki Onna archetype, and I had a good theme naming thing.

The healing members were named after ice-based foods.

The damaging members were named after weather patterns.

The enemy-kidnapping members had generic Japanese girl's names.

Then I got to their boss and got stuck.

Okay, I have a lot of free time tomorrow, so I'm going to get cracking on updates to the OP and uploads to DP; so far, only Tinkerer, EG, and myself have submitted singles and self-done archetypes to the common pool.

So, if you can send me some cards, and maybe some images so I don't have a crapton of blank AGM cards lying around, I would be much obliged.

Once things get rolling, I think the best opportunity for a tournament is July- no finals or hyperwork moments occur in mid-July, to my knowledge. So, my second attempt at it will be in mid-July.

I have pictures for the Phoenix Guardian set [though, only the monsters; S/T need a few], so you can have those.

Electric Field has some too (they're basic as hell, but I don't think you'll mind too much). I need fillers for the S/Ts though.

(I have the images on my YCM wikia, so it should be easier for you to grab them)

As for my next project, still looking at the thread for ideas.

Otherwise, there are some early stuff that I might try out.

Archived