Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

In an attempt to revitalize this, how's about I issue a little creative spark- each of the active members of the AGM (I should roster purge) does a "gift" archetype for another member. We each list what we want our archetype to be like (but don't limit on one another's creativity too much- try general things), and then we volunteer to do one another's listed favorite things (possibly including the member's username somewhere, or just putting "AGMGift" in the thread title. (I'm doing the latter)

My request?

I really like Dragons, of course, but Spellcasters hold a close second to me, followed by Fiends, Warriors, and Rocks in a tied third.

I always loved the various Counter mechanics, but outside Cloudians and the Magicians, it just hasn't been done very well (and I didn't like Cloudians).

I've never liked having to use Fusion Spells, so I like Contact Fusion, but the mathematical aspect of Synchros always made me smile.

Regarding Xyz, I don't care one way or the other- some I like, some I find horribly stupid.

Pendulum is a neat mechanic in my opinion, but I have yet to see very many abuse the fact that they're Spell Cards.

If there's art, I'd like my personal symbol (check the profile pic of my deviantART account) to feature as a common insignia, like the Gusto, Gishki, and more recently the Raidraptors had.

I like bullshit OTK decks such as Kozmo and Harpie. I don't like to think too hard when I'm dueling someone, so I would rather make a monster that can attack directly for no reason.

I also love WIND and/or Winged-Beast, though I have never been fond of Blackwings.

I think pendulums are good and are reaching the point where they are balanced.

I like XYZs and synchros, but not fusions.

I'd love to be a part of this.

Weaknesses: OCG, balancing.

Strengths: Enthusiasm (I really enjoy making cards)

Trivia: Newbie, really likes Alternate Win Conditions

If I am accepted, I'll start with Monochrome. (p. 27)

(It's funny because I made an Archetype I posted on there before realizing this was a thing)

Keeping this for future side projects in here:

[spoiler=]

Dog Islander is an Archetype of dog-themed monsters in aloha wear and with Hawaiian names (local pride, gogogo)

Anyway, they're Beast-Type WATER monsters that revolve around aggressive tactics.

Most of them are Level 4 and higher, and have average ATK/DEF for their respective Levels.

Their bosses are Level 8 monsters that have multiple effects to work off of; ranging from Armades-esque stuff to negation.

iU8EggM.png

Photon Night

DARK Photon support monsters. They have a rather interesting sub-gimmick in that you can Special Summon them from your hand or Graveyard by flipping any "Photon" monster on the field face-down, giving even more speed to the Galaxy-Eyes engine. In addition, when used for Xyz Summon, their Levels can double- making them an engine for Ranks 3, 4, 6, and 8 simultaneously. Be afraid.

(Notice me, evilfusion)

Oh yeah, a list of stuff I like playing

• Quick Synchro/Xyz
  • Dragon/Warrior stuff
  • Field/hand control Decks
  • Majespecters (or stuff that works close to that)
  • Mecha Phantom Beasts
  • HEROs
  • Certain Pendulum decks (P-pals are out, mostly because I can't stand Yuya part of the time)

I'll leave this list for request stuff later on.

My personal favorite playstyle is . . .tricky to describe.

You know the LV monsters? Like that, but recycling the old pieces to make even more good stuff.

Examples:

Dragon Deck w/ Keeper of the Shrine and Red-Eyes Darkness Metal (repeatedly Tributing Keeper to bring out good monsters, occasionally using it as Synchro/Xyz Material)

Spell Counter Pendulum (The Pendulums revive each other, Exemplar revives what the Pends can't, one or two powerful Spellcasters to dish out damage or effect goodness in the interim)

I liked the concept of Miracle Fertilizer mixed with Return of the Red-Eyes, where it stays on the field constantly reviving things. However, the fact that Fertilizer dies to one of its monsters leaving the field, and Return only really has 3 targets, really REALLY pisses me off.

In regards to how I take down the opponent, I run a bunch of different ways to beat my opponent (Dragons and Spellcasters beat down, Fiends mill, Plants do effect damage, Rocks do a bit of all 3), so I'm really good with just about anything.

Side note: I HATE HATE HATE Ghostricks. Their gimmick is not letting your opponent DO anything, and I like my Duels anime style (going back and forth, coming close to beating one another). I also kinda dislike Exodia for the same reason, and I once built a card that punished the opponent for using things like Fiendish Chain.

Side side note: I liked Super Poly as a concept, but I understand how it's broken. If only there was something that worked like it that wasn't broken to high heaven.

My personal favorite playstyle is . . .tricky to describe.

You know the LV monsters? Like that, but recycling the old pieces to make even more good stuff.

Examples:

Dragon Deck w/ Keeper of the Shrine and Red-Eyes Darkness Metal (repeatedly Tributing Keeper to bring out good monsters, occasionally using it as Synchro/Xyz Material)

Spell Counter Pendulum (The Pendulums revive each other, Exemplar revives what the Pends can't, one or two powerful Spellcasters to dish out damage or effect goodness in the interim)

I liked the concept of Miracle Fertilizer mixed with Return of the Red-Eyes, where it stays on the field constantly reviving things. However, the fact that Fertilizer dies to one of its monsters leaving the field, and Return only really has 3 targets, really REALLY pisses me off.

In regards to how I take down the opponent, I run a bunch of different ways to beat my opponent (Dragons and Spellcasters beat down, Fiends mill, Plants do effect damage, Rocks do a bit of all 3), so I'm really good with just about anything.

Side note: I HATE HATE HATE Ghostricks. Their gimmick is not letting your opponent DO anything, and I like my Duels anime style (going back and forth, coming close to beating one another). I also kinda dislike Exodia for the same reason, and I once built a card that punished the opponent for using things like Fiendish Chain.

Side side note: I liked Super Poly as a concept, but I understand how it's broken. If only there was something that worked like it that wasn't broken to high heaven.

So, a contact fusion pendulum dragon deck that focuses on Battle Phase dominance while recycling material? That's kind of what I got.

If anyone wants to make my "dream archetype", here's what I like in a man an archetype:

• I like archetypes like Constellars or Batterymen that fill the field with a bunch of monsters and go in for the kill in a turn or two. Xyzing is secondary, but appreciated for longevity.
  • I also like Dark Scorpions and their very disruptive effects. Similarly, I enjoy the Gradius ships (in fact, I have decks for both).
  • Finally, Fliprocks (a la Golem Sentry, Medusa Worm, and especially Guardian Sphinx) have a special spot in my heart, as Invincible Fortress was the second structure deck I ever bought (first was Machina Mayhem). Similarly, bounce shenanigans and stalling are also very fun for me.

So, in summary, a very spammy, disruptive archetype with lots of Flip effects, bouncing, and (not necessarily) the ability to end games quickly and decisively. If nobody wants to make this, that's fine, but if someone does, then thank you very much!

That reminds me, I should probably work on the Electrons some more. ;^^

Archived