Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay. After a long hiatus, I'm ready to get back into this. So with that being said, does anyone have any archetype suggestions? Also, is there a deck challenge for this month?

Well unless there's something in particular that intrigues you, I could pull up a prompt for you.

As for the challenge: Level 10 Synchro Deck

A Deck that can bring out Level 10 Synchro monsters. Feel free to ask Draconus297 about it.

I'd also request adding:

Combination Attack

Frontline Base

Formation Union

Roll Out

Level Up!

Level Down!?

The Graveyard in the Fourth Dimension

Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands

Preparation of Rites

Urgent Ritual Art

Spirit of the Fall Wind

Ara/Nikitama

Izanami

Rasetsu

Yaksha

Izanagi

Dark Dust Spirit

Fenghuang

Legacy of Yata-Garasu

You know, in case we make Unions, LVs, Rituals, FLIPs, or Spirits.

EDIT: Happy 100 pages AGM!

Okay, you know for a fact that Unions are in the AGM: Specifically, in Dandao, Penumbral Fair, and Dandao off the top of my head. Rituals are, as well- Bident Beetle and the Card Diviners are generic, and both T-Rocks and Victorian are built around Rituals.

I've personally designed a good number of FLIP monsters and two separate LV lines- Hollow Armor LV and Lizard Thief LV.

Spirits, however, have yet to be part of the AGM, to my knowledge.

Also, if someone with a lot of time on their hands could check if there are 3000 AGM cards, that'd be great.

I actually have a different definition for archetypes and series entirely, if you've noticed.

Series are defined by a specific style of card that is clearly related, with no direct support. Typically, a series is designed with a style of play, or purpose in gameplay, in mind- Mirror Force cards all defend you, Dragon Rulers encourage running Dragons and/or monsters of the elemental Attributes, Digital Bugs want you to run Rank 3 LIGHT insects and switch your opponent's stuff to Defense Position, Dark Magician support wants you to run an objectively meh card, etc. The problem with considering Superdreadnought Rail Cannon a series is that, beyond being Rank 10, they don't fill a cooperative niche. Gustav burns, Dora protects your monsters.

Also, I'm going to need to cheat on Neo AGM Avengers - I recently made a Fusion archetype named "Quarzi" which is WIND specifically to give Neo AGM Avengers a WIND Fusion archetype to connect to.

In terms of Spirits, I think I wrote one for Dinosaur-Type ones, but that never got made yet. Might have to look back, but I know someone liked my post for it. (Should be pre-SR04, so...)

Also "Make a Synchro 2.0" up in games; if you guys want to redo the Fusion/Xyz/Link ones, fine. Suppose you can use them to generate more generics (or Archetypal stuff).

Quick reminder that there are 10 days left for March's challenge, which means it's time for the early announcement for April's challenge:

Member Spotlight #1!

An AGM member will be selected at random, and your Deck (both Main and Extra) must primarily consist of cards designed by or for (Gift threads) that member.

Whoo boy. Archetype based on one Normal monster. This ought to be fun.

But seriously, I like the idea, the execution is . . . kinda wonky. A wider monster lineup than just the one might be necessary.

Cafe Girl Intern

EARTH - Level 1 - Warrior/Tuner/Effect - 0/0

When this monster is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 "Cafe Girl" Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, but you cannot activate the added card this turn. If this monster is used as Material for the Summon of a "Cafe Girl" Fusion or Synchro monster, you can add 1 "Cafe Girl" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Cafe Girl Manager

EARTH - Level 1 - Warrior/Tuner/Effect - 1000/0

If a "Cafe Girl" monster you control is destroyed by your opponent's card (by battle or card effect), you can Special Summon this monster from your hand, and if you do, you can place the destroyed monster on top of your Deck. You can shuffle this face-up monster you control into your Deck: Special Summon 1 "Cafe Girl" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

That's because that's what the prompt stated. A single monster. I'll find it if needed.

Ah. Still, the difficulty of searching Cafe Girl would inevitably have ended in enough brick hands to build a German castle, so really I just added options.

Also, I just realized that I've added three members of a defunct archetype I made for a fanfic (the "Platune" archetype) to the AGM as generics. Platune Violinfantry, Platune Sergeant Song Dragon, and Platune Admiral Ballad Dragon. If someone wants to reinstate them as an archetype . . . hey, no complaints from me. If you do, I have a few other Platune cards that you can take a look at- "Platune Bassurgeon" and "Platune Snipiccolo" most notably.

Also also, sorry about the wait on my app for Destiny City, Champion. Should be ready by the end of the week, though.

Ah. Still, the difficulty of searching Cafe Girl would inevitably have ended in enough brick hands to build a German castle, so really I just added options.

Also, I just realized that I've added three members of a defunct archetype I made for a fanfic (the "Platune" archetype) to the AGM as generics. Platune Violinfantry, Platune Sergeant Song Dragon, and Platune Admiral Ballad Dragon. If someone wants to reinstate them as an archetype . . . hey, no complaints from me. If you do, I have a few other Platune cards that you can take a look at- "Platune Bassurgeon" and "Platune Snipiccolo" most notably.

Also also, sorry about the wait on my app for Destiny City, Champion. Should be ready by the end of the week, though.

Well, thank you. Had trouble making this set because of that. More or less the reason I cut it rather short.

Any other archetypes you plan to make support for?

Planned . . . mostly just the archetypes that need it. Deep Sleep, maybe? Volt Satellite? I'm actually really hyped by Gold Stone of Legend, and would love for someone to make more support for my archetypes.

Also . . . I propose the addition of the Malefic archetype, minus Malefic Rainbow Dragon for obvious reasons.

Planned . . . mostly just the archetypes that need it. Deep Sleep, maybe? Volt Satellite?

Also . . . I propose the addition of the Malefic archetype, minus Malefic Rainbow Dragon for obvious reasons.

I'm on board for adding in the Malefic cards. Though why not Malefic Rainbow Dragon? Is it because we don't have Rainbow Dragon added in, or a different reason altogether?

Archived