Let's get to know each other

The Nyx Avatar

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at this way, the metric system is much easier to convert (as it's base 10), although there are some units which I don't know.

With customary, we have to remember that there are irregular conversion units (12 in = 1 foot; yard = 3 feet; mile = 5,280 ft; 16 oz = 1 lb; 2000 lb = 1 ton).

That, and some engineering units which use the customary system as well.

-----

I have to use both; metric for sciences and customary for pretty much everything else (height/weight/some coursework, etc.)

I used to share my account with my Brother, but now that he is gone I use it for myself. Many people know him and not me, and vice versa. I also use his Skype and DN account. Skype is because I am too lazy to make my own, and he got a new one. Now about the actual me, I enjoy RP's, League of Legends, and cute plush things. Naturias are my favorite deck, and I love Poros.

A little weird, but okay.

▓ I'm a gamer and a fan of mecha anime, oh, ygo is the only "children card game" i play, no other.

▓ I have 1 kawaii neko and her name is Molly

▓ I like to eat super-duper spicy food.

▓ My dream is to defeat my dad in poker, even no one in my family can beat him.

is that enough?

Oh; cool! I'm often the opposite with spice food, though.

You're about an inch taller than me, Nai (o_O).

Supposed to hit 5'11 though, provided I eat properly and all (which I technically do, but not as much as I should be).

But anyway...

• CEE major (I have this written on my profile already)
  • In no clubs / organizations at university.
  • 5'8 (173 cm), around 154 pounds (70 kg, roughly). Yeah, that's pretty light by local standards for people my age (most guys are 170-180, some at 200+)
  • No siblings or close cousins (I have cousins, but they either live on the mainland or I don't talk to / care about them.)

There's more, but I prefer not to say it.

(And no, I have never met Icy in real life, despite him being on the same Hawaiian island that I do.)

DAMN!

- I like drawing, but I'm not significantly good at any like cartoony/anime-y styles. I'm good at a stylistic pencil drawing of real stuff, which is really fun and relaxing, but it's reeaallllyyy time consuming.

- I took guitar lessons for 8 years. My sight-reading got really good, but I don't know a LICK of theory. I did mostly finger-picking and got pretty good at it.

- I really like writing. Been RPing for quite a few years. Might try for writing opinion articles once I'm done schooling, or doing it while schooling. Who knows.

- VIDYAGAEMS!!! I play a lot of different times, but quite a few Shooty Games, in particular Destiny. Used to play a lot of TF2 (like a LOT a lot). Story-driven stuff is really good. I don't play any Japanese games outside of Nintendo really. Decidedly my most favorite games are the Descent series, Majora's Mask, Metroid Prime games, and quite a few other notable examples.

- I also really like creative games like Minecraft or Space Engineers. Fantastic outlets for me if ever I'm dealing with depression.

- I also like strategy games, rogue-likes, adventure/platformers, some fighting games. I got super into One Must Fall: 2097. I also really like the Xtreme G games and stuff. I dunno, I could on for a while about games.

- I am 6 ft. tall, or 180 cm for the Metric Master Races.

- YGO-wise, I like a variety of decks. I've clearly got a great liking for beatsticks and hammy decks, but I particularly love playing decks that reward you for clever playing, such as Superheavies, D/D, Trains, my own Bamboo Artifact Vylons, etc.

- All of those sound pretty rogue! Yeah, I play a lot of rogue decks, but I have nothing against the competitive scene. I play rogue more because it's what I find interesting to play. Shaddolls were really fun to play, but right now there isn't really any meta deck that I find really fun to play so I dunno probably not gonna play them. If the top tier deck was my favorite deck I'd totes play it have lots of fun.

- I'm pretty Canadian. I don't really have any particular investment in anime; I watch what looks interesting to me, but 4chan would call me a normalfag for sure.

- Dennou Coil is my favorite anime and definitely one of my all-time favorite shows. It's SUPER GOOD.

Ummm what else... ...I have two cats. Had three, then two passed away because I'm pretty sure they got into poison that neighbors put out to deal with rodents/raccoons/etc. (they died with very similar symptoms). Now the two left are Joe, who's almost 15, and Markus, age unknown because he was left by neighbors that moved away and has nowhere else to go. He's a nice cat.

Wow; that's pretty cool.

i...am not an interesting person nyx, idk what to say, lessee...

i'm consistently the fastest test taker in my class, and my grades are consistently in the middle of the spectrum

i want to write a book but i loathe, i absolutely detest, i abhor the act of actually stringing words together into a sentence, its a pain the ass and the head, its boring, i hate it, and its a real problem cuz i cant write without writing

i prefer not typing with proper punctuation because i feel it captures what i want to say more accurately a decent amount of the time

And does this sound any more interesting? I enjoy drawing, but I want to take things a step further: I want to draw for a living (not exactly sure what job, though; but I think you know what style I want to draw in). I've already bought two drawing tablets; the first one displayed what you drew on the computer, and I felt that increased the busywork (at least with me). So let's hope I don't regret anything with the second one I bought, which has an interactive screen; which, I won't open unit Christmas day.

And does this sound any more interesting? I enjoy drawing, but I want to take things a step further: I want to draw for a living (not exactly sure what job, though; but I think you know what style I want to draw in). I've already bought two drawing tablets; the first one displayed what you drew on the computer, and I felt that increased the busywork (at least with me). So let's hope I don't regret anything with the second one I bought, which has an interactive screen; which, I won't open unit Christmas day.

that does sound more interesting to me, because i somewhat know that feel. i scribble a lot(and i know its not the same as being serious about drawing) and i suppose if i ever took that a few steps further i'd be in your position. i draw for fun and my art isn't the best but i've always wanted to draw well enough to create assets for visual novels or games or whatnot(yep, i know what style you're talking about, I do too). i never bought a drawing tablet because i've always wanted the expensive ones even though i understand that it does not magically increase my ability to draw and is only a tool to aid the process if I can utilize it well.

Incidentally did you buy a wacom cintiq? Those ones look high tech as hell and i've dreamed of owning it the way a normal guy dreams for a lamborghini.

that does sound more interesting to me, because i somewhat know that feel. i scribble a lot(and i know its not the same as being serious about drawing) and i suppose if i ever took that a few steps further i'd be in your position. i draw for fun and my art isn't the best but i've always wanted to draw well enough to create assets for visual novels or games or whatnot(yep, i know what style you're talking about, I do too). i never bought a drawing tablet because i've always wanted the expensive ones even though i understand that it does not magically increase my ability to draw and is only a tool to aid the process if I can utilize it well.

Incidentally did you buy a wacom cintiq? Those ones look high tech as hell and i've dreamed of owning it the way a normal guy dreams for a lamborghini.

Yeah; first I bought an Intuos, but for this Christmas, I bought a Cintiq. Let's hope this goes well. I should really watch some tutorials (if any) before using it.

20 y/o Lithuanian male without any job experience who's living alone. I'm around 180 cm, 75 kg. Currently studying IT at college for the 2nd year. I spend most of my leisure playing YGO, watching anime, reading manga or playing Steam/PS3 games or Minecraft. Used to own 3 turtles, a guinea pig and Shar Pei dog, but currently I own a hamster.

I usually play YGO on YGOPro, but I also sometimes play on DN, if I'm in the mood to read cards that I don't know. I play Pendulum Magicians/Odd-Eyes, Speedroids, Madolche, Superheavy Samurais, Six Samurais and Deskbots. I still don't know how to play YGO, but I do know that MST doesn't negate, but Dust Tornado does.

I'm 6'2"... All these tall people here. Maybe one day I'll grow another inch or two.

I probably won't be getting a tablet until my next birthday, July 2016, so for now I have to continue drawing things on paper, taking a picture with my phone and coloring them digitally. Gotta start somewhere I guess. As far as I know I won't be receiving much for christmas, except probably socks again, but whatevs. Eventually I'll be buying my own gifts and let everyone else look at me crazy.

I'm 6'2"... All these tall people here. Maybe one day I'll grow another inch or two.

I probably won't be getting a tablet until my next birthday, July 2016, so for now I have to continue drawing things on paper, taking a picture with my phone and coloring them digitally. Gotta start somewhere I guess. As far as I know I won't be receiving much for christmas, except probably socks again, but whatevs. Eventually I'll be buying my own gifts and let everyone else look at me crazy.

Alright. Tried doing that (drawing on paper, taking a picture, and drawing digitally); I failed miserably. For tgis Christmas, I bought myself a drawing tablet with an interactive screen, but I also bought each of my family members a present.

20 y/o Lithuanian male without any job experience who's living alone. I'm around 180 cm, 75 kg. Currently studying IT at college for the 2nd year. I spend most of my leisure playing YGO, watching anime, reading manga or playing Steam/PS3 games or Minecraft. Used to own 3 turtles, a guinea pig and Shar Pei dog, but currently I own a hamster.

I usually play YGO on YGOPro, but I also sometimes play on DN, if I'm in the mood to read cards that I don't know. I play Pendulum Magicians/Odd-Eyes, Speedroids, Madolche, Superheavy Samurais, Six Samurais and Deskbots. I still don't know how to play YGO, but I do know that MST doesn't negate, but Dust Tornado does.

Cool. I play Madolche and Six Samurai, too.

I probably won't be getting a tablet until my next birthday, July 2016, so for now I have to continue drawing things on paper, taking a picture with my phone and coloring them digitally.

Tried doing this once but because of camera angles, unclear lines, and my own lack of knowledge regarding coloring(and my dislike for it), I never quite got far with it.

I probably won't be getting a tablet until my next birthday, July 2016, so for now I have to continue drawing things on paper, taking a picture with my phone and coloring them digitally. Gotta start somewhere I guess. As far as I know I won't be receiving much for christmas, except probably socks again, but whatevs. Eventually I'll be buying my own gifts and let everyone else look at me crazy.

funk THAT.

Madolche

I play Madolche

IMO, they tried too hard with Madols.

REDU; Main card is Pudding, Magileine is a Stratos, Chateau always keeps them in your hand; Rest are filler.

ABYR; Messengelato is gimmicky/searches Madol Spell/Traps, Palooza does stuff, Ticket and Tiara are now cards; Still, nothing truly works togehter.

LTGY; Hootcake is now a card; Hootcake triggers Messengelato/combos are now possible/Tiara is now a threat.

JOTL; Chickolates is funking useless.

PRIO; Good thing Anjelly was imported; Card fuels Hootcake/is a Fairy for Ticket, but nobody will honestly use it for Pudding.

CROS; Chocolat-a-la-Mode is a card- owait nobody would play it.

IMO, they tried too hard with Madols.

REDU; Main card is Pudding, Magileine is a Stratos, Chateau always keeps them in your hand; Rest are filler.

ABYR; Messengelato is gimmicky/searches Madol Spell/Traps, Palooza does stuff, Ticket and Tiara are now cards; Still, nothing truly works togehter.

LTGY; Hootcake is now a card; Hootcake triggers Messengelato/combos are now possible/Tiara is now a threat.

JOTL; Chickolates is funking useless.

PRIO; Good thing Anjelly was imported; Card fuels Hootcake/is a Fairy for Ticket, but nobody will honestly use it for Pudding.

CROS; Chocolat-a-la-Mode is a card- owait nobody would play it.

a-la-Mode does allow you to activate some of the alternate effects of the Spell/Trap cards.

I think I've said this in a couple other threads but I usually just play Performapals/Yuya.Dek. No Performages or Dracorulers or w/e. I also try to experiment with the Pendulum Mechanic a lot since it's becoming more a thing. Like Pendulum Normals + Slifer, or Pendulum Maju. Phantom Knights are also growing on me. The other 90% of my decks are abominations of me trying to be creative which is easier said than done in this game.

*cracks knuckles*

I am Black. Truth be told... I kinda hate that name. Not as a forum handle, but I actually hate it when a friend calls me Black, at times. And it's nothing wrong with the name, just a preference to be called by name, Josh, when with friends. Alas, there was a Josh who took that before me.

I guess hate's a little strong, just wish I could be Josh more.

The first words I ever heard a YCMember say were "Oh my God, he doesn't sound like a weeb!", followed by "He sounds normal wtf?"

I'm a white (GASP) 22 year old. Dark blonde hair, blue eyes slowly changing color, and big in both frame and size, though working on it.

I'm a Christian, but I don't live up to it. I'm nowhere near a wonderful person, and the world has enough bastards calling themselves Christians. I try my best, but I refuse to wear the title as a badge to make myself seem like a paragon I'm not. I'm a human, just like everyone else.

I’ve been all over the site in my time. Started in RP, moved to clubs, clubs to TCG, and had a stint in CC. I’m a former mod of custom cards, and lost my position due to trying to get Pika removed for constantly trying to stir sheet up. I got caught, and that’s that.

My best friends are Bree, Koko, and Creator, though… none of them see quite eye-to-eye, sadly. 

Optimally, I’d like to be a voice actor, though not sure if I’ll be able to because of life getting in my way, along with general fear of the world holding me back.

I enjoy writing, and characters I make matter a lot to me. I treat writing as if I was appointed the god of a universe, and it’s my job to guide them. They’re my children, my creations. Killing even a villain off really hurts, might I add.

Undertale means a lot to me for that reason, as well as general timing. It was something in my life at a low, low, low point, and the Pacifist route reminded me of my philosophies. I also see bits of myself in a lot of the cast, so bonus points. Favorite game, though due to emotional connection and special experience, not so much “h0IS! OI’M TEMMIE! BESS GAEM EVARR!”

My favorite deck, as of now, is Performapal. I love how well it fits Yuya as a character, and I have a ton of fun playing it, even before it got good. Not that being good changes how I feel about it.

I was one of a handful of people (only one here on YCM) who realized that Clown + Star Seraph was a good combo, though for the wrong reasons at the time. I thought it was because Hat Tricker increased consistency, but it was actually that Lavalval Chain + Clowns + Seraphs is stupidly consistent. Norden just made it even more stupid.

Shaddoll is probably the first really good deck that I liked. Sure, I didn’t keep up with it, but I always appreciated it.

Fableds and Hunders are older favorites, but they don’t exactly work anymore. Far too fair/luck dependent.

Oh, and last but not least... I hadn't said anything because I was scared of failure. I still am. But... There are three people who believe in me, though only two know, and one of those is my companion in this endeavor. And I don't want to let any of them down.

I'm working on a game. I'm covering the narrative parts, Creator is working as my helper/a programmer/the boss, and two of his friends are working on it, as well. I feel a bit bad that I'm ONLY providing narrative, 

That game… Is the Historian’s Chronicle. Yes, my story. It needs to be polished up and worked on, but a lot of the planning on my end has already taken place. Just need to flesh it out a bit and get it ready for when we can really get rolling. It’s a ways off, I’m sure, but… gotta start somewhere. Gotta try to have some hope.

i still weep that i have to write in script format tho

idk what else to say, ask i guess

Lessee here... 16-year-old American male, living in the great American wasteland, AKA Arizona. In terms of religion, I'm a theist; someone who believes in a higher power, but isn't part of an organized religion. Basically, i think there's something, I'm just not sure what. Sexuality-wise, I'm bi and maybe (BIG maybe) trans. Still working that bit out.

I play a ton of different decks; my IRL ones are Genexes, Gravekeepers, FIRE.dek, WATER.dek, Rock Stun, Lightsworns, Synchrons, Batterymen, Chronomalies, Stall Burn, Cyber Dragons, and MachineGoodstuff.dek. Most of these were accumulated throughout the years and never gotten rid of; I still have some of my first ever cards spread out through a few of my decks. My favorite one is probably my Rock Stun deck, since I have a bit of a sadistic streak.

Politically, I'm a huge liberal; if I could vote, it'd be Sanders all the way. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

I'm a budding writer. For this reason, I love RPing (though I haven't done it at all here; no clue how things work), because it lets me create and experiment with characters. I'm dabbling in making a Yugioh fanfic, but I haven't gotten anything worked out past the first chapter or so. 

Finally, language is my passion; I love learning new languages, the more obscure the better. So far, my list of languages other than English only includes Spanish, but I'm hoping to expand it by least one language by the time I graduate college; maybe Hebrew or Turkish. (As a side note, Hebrew is damn cool, because IIRC it's the oldest language to be spoken commonly nowadays. It even went extinct at one point, before a Lithuanian Jew brought it back by making it his son's first language... which he did by making sure he only heard Hebrew growing up.) As a consequence of this, I'm also a bit of a grammar pedant.

*cracks knuckles*

I am Black. Truth be told... I kinda hate that name. Not as a forum handle, but I actually hate it when a friend calls me Black, at times. And it's nothing wrong with the name, just a preference to be called by name, Josh, when with friends. Alas, there was a Josh who took that before me.

I guess hate's a little strong, just wish I could be Josh more.

The first words I ever heard a YCMember say were "Oh my God, he doesn't sound like a weeb!", followed by "He sounds normal wtf?"

I'm a white (GASP) 22 year old. Dark blonde hair, blue eyes slowly changing color, and big in both frame and size, though working on it.

I'm a Christian, but I don't live up to it. I'm nowhere near a wonderful person, and the world has enough bastards calling themselves Christians. I try my best, but I refuse to wear the title as a badge to make myself seem like a paragon I'm not. I'm a human, just like everyone else.

I’ve been all over the site in my time. Started in RP, moved to clubs, clubs to TCG, and had a stint in CC. I’m a former mod of custom cards, and lost my position due to trying to get Pika removed for constantly trying to stir sheet up. I got caught, and that’s that.

My best friends are Bree, Koko, and Creator, though… none of them see quite eye-to-eye, sadly. 

Optimally, I’d like to be a voice actor, though not sure if I’ll be able to because of life getting in my way, along with general fear of the world holding me back.

I enjoy writing, and characters I make matter a lot to me. I treat writing as if I was appointed the god of a universe, and it’s my job to guide them. They’re my children, my creations. Killing even a villain off really hurts, might I add.

Undertale means a lot to me for that reason, as well as general timing. It was something in my life at a low, low, low point, and the Pacifist route reminded me of my philosophies. I also see bits of myself in a lot of the cast, so bonus points. Favorite game, though due to emotional connection and special experience, not so much “h0IS! OI’M TEMMIE! BESS GAEM EVARR!”

My favorite deck, as of now, is Performapal. I love how well it fits Yuya as a character, and I have a ton of fun playing it, even before it got good. Not that being good changes how I feel about it.

I was one of a handful of people (only one here on YCM) who realized that Clown + Star Seraph was a good combo, though for the wrong reasons at the time. I thought it was because Hat Tricker increased consistency, but it was actually that Lavalval Chain + Clowns + Seraphs is stupidly consistent. Norden just made it even more stupid.

Shaddoll is probably the first really good deck that I liked. Sure, I didn’t keep up with it, but I always appreciated it.

Fableds and Hunders are older favorites, but they don’t exactly work anymore. Far too fair/luck dependent.

Oh, and last but not least... I hadn't said anything because I was scared of failure. I still am. But... There are three people who believe in me, though only two know, and one of those is my companion in this endeavor. And I don't want to let any of them down.

I'm working on a game. I'm covering the narrative parts, Creator is working as my helper/a programmer/the boss, and two of his friends are working on it, as well. I feel a bit bad that I'm ONLY providing narrative, 

That game… Is the Historian’s Chronicle. Yes, my story. It needs to be polished up and worked on, but a lot of the planning on my end has already taken place. Just need to flesh it out a bit and get it ready for when we can really get rolling. It’s a ways off, I’m sure, but… gotta start somewhere. Gotta try to have some hope.

i still weep that i have to write in script format tho

idk what else to say, ask i guess

Lessee here... 16-year-old American male, living in the great American wasteland, AKA Arizona. In terms of religion, I'm a theist; someone who believes in a higher power, but isn't part of an organized religion. Basically, i think there's something, I'm just not sure what. Sexuality-wise, I'm bi and maybe (BIG maybe) trans. Still working that bit out.

I play a ton of different decks; my IRL ones are Genexes, Gravekeepers, FIRE.dek, WATER.dek, Rock Stun, Lightsworns, Synchrons, Batterymen, Chronomalies, Stall Burn, Cyber Dragons, and MachineGoodstuff.dek. Most of these were accumulated throughout the years and never gotten rid of; I still have some of my first ever cards spread out through a few of my decks. My favorite one is probably my Rock Stun deck, since I have a bit of a sadistic streak.

Politically, I'm a huge liberal; if I could vote, it'd be Sanders all the way. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

I'm a budding writer. For this reason, I love RPing (though I haven't done it at all here; no clue how things work), because it lets me create and experiment with characters. I'm dabbling in making a Yugioh fanfic, but I haven't gotten anything worked out past the first chapter or so. 

Finally, language is my passion; I love learning new languages, the more obscure the better. So far, my list of languages other than English only includes Spanish, but I'm hoping to expand it by least one language by the time I graduate college; maybe Hebrew or Turkish. (As a side note, Hebrew is damn cool, because IIRC it's the oldest language to be spoken commonly nowadays. It even went extinct at one point, before a Lithuanian Jew brought it back by making it his son's first language... which he did by making sure he only heard Hebrew growing up.) As a consequence of this, I'm also a bit of a grammar pedant.

Alright; I went from knowing little to nothing about you guys to quite a lot.

Archived