Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Well, I think she has more involvement since Ula'ula is where sheet gets real, and Nanu is her uncle to boot. Ula'ula does have Po Town after all, and Acerola does help with the Aether House too. It's no surprise she's so involved and has so much personality and likability for just a captain.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I think she has more involvement since Ula'ula is where sheet gets real, and Nanu is her uncle to boot. Ula'ula does have Po Town after all, and Acerola does help with the Aether House too. It's no surprise she's so involved and has so much personality and likability for just a captain.

Well, with a face and personality like this:

687.gif

How CAN she not be one of your favorites, if not the best?

Also found this gif that pretty much sums up my postgame in SM now:

868.gif

I did the E4 in order from left to right so when I got to Acerola I was like, "WTF where's Nanu." because I figured it'd be the Kahunas given Hala and Olivia. Her immediately explaining why it wasn't Nanu makes me think Game Freak figured a lot of people would do that order and have the same thought process.

They also say that at the end of the Island Challenge people would face the Kahunas one last time on the mountain.

Well, with a face and personality like this:

687.gif

How CAN she not be one of your favorites, if not the best?

Also found this gif that pretty much sums up my postgame in SM now:

868.gif

My favorite thing about her is that when you battle she seems to just bobs along to the music. She just seems like a fun person.

That gif reminded me, does the same have anything like the base of Prism Tower in XY where you can just hold right and hatch eggs? That is one of the best features of breeding there.

Well instead of needing to ram your Tauros down that long route, like the gif suggests, you could just go to the small opening in front of the Nursery and then repetitively turn your analog while you have Tauros and that's all you need to do to hatch eggs. It might damage the analog but it is at least an efficient way to take steps without a panoramic change.

I just mashed my Tauros' face back and forth on the nursery front between the window and the post, it's a bit easier on my thumb than going in a circle.

EDIT: Mimikyu is absolutely destroying the Battle Tree. Turns out a free Swords Dance (sometimes two or three if I'm lucky) + Life Orb is preeeetty good.

If by all-rounder you mean Mimikyu the Sweeper, Destroyer of Worlds, yeah.

Also, had a hilarious fight just now where the person had an Eject Button on Golisopod. I thought the AI had gotten smarter, why did they have that? XD

ALSO SUPER IMPORTANT NEWS: http://kotaku.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-pokemon-sun-and-moons-firs-1789454288

Heck, some random kid in the Battle Royale had a Mega Blaziken (and aren't those supposed to be for characters who actually matter?). Kid swept two of my 'mons with it before I ended its life (fainted) with Lycanroc and won. 

As for the event, hopefully everyone in the world does get 100 million 'mons b/c 1000 FC is a gold mine (especially if stuff in there does get expensive as hell).

Not sure why this hasn't occurred to me yet, but Golisopod is massive. He doesn't look so big when on the other side of the field, and on your side I thought he just seemed big because he's close. But I just had him defeat a Typhlosion and I realized, "Wait, he is bigger than that Typhlosion."

Freaking 6'7" and 238 lbs, that's a hefty bug.

Also, Bisharp's attack animation is really cool, I like how its arm blades pop out Wolverine-style.

You can get a Cosmog inside the alternate world post-game (basically, go to the altar where you caught the version mascot with it on team, go through the portal and you'll end up in the alternate world). If you have Sun, time becomes inverted; Moon will use Sun's time (or whatever the time is on your DS). Then fly over to the Lake of the (version you have) off 'Ula'ula Meadow, and there should be a Cosmog there. (Unless you already caught one)

If you want Solgaleo, you can evolve that Cosmog, but then you'll need to ask someone to trade / evolve it for you. (Might be easier to just get a fresh one if you can't trade easily with someone here or with self).

Gladion gives you Type: Null in the post-game. 

i know, that cosmog is now a cosmoem and the null is now a silvally. just need each pre evo for the living dex

Ok it's almost stupid how different my Battle Tree experience is now. Before with just the Pokemon I'd casually played through the game with I couldn't get past round 5, now I'm at round 16 and Mimikyu has gone 3-0 on almost every single one.

EDIT: Going up against a guy who said it feels good to skip work to have a battle. His name is Worker Skip. Worker Skip skips work.

EDIT EDIT: So I beat him. He said, "If my boss finds out about this, first I'll be fired, then the wife will divorce me." Holy sheet, Pokemon, what are you doing.

Well, it is a good all-rounder mon. I totally forgot about its ability when I fought the totem Mimikyu, and I wasted Decidueye's Z-Move on it.

I did that too. Not against the Totom, but against another one I fought. x_x 

If by all-rounder you mean Mimikyu the Sweeper, Destroyer of Worlds, yeah.

Also, had a hilarious fight just now where the person had an Eject Button on Golisopod. I thought the AI had gotten smarter, why did they have that? XD

ALSO SUPER IMPORTANT NEWS: http://kotaku.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-pokemon-sun-and-moons-firs-1789454288

I'm going to need to remember to get on to get that bonus. It seems SUPER easy given how many people are playing and how little work it actually is.

Heck, some random kid in the Battle Royale had a Mega Blaziken (and aren't those supposed to be for characters who actually matter?). Kid swept two of my 'mons with it before I ended its life (fainted) with Lycanroc and won.

Stuff like this makes people think we'll be seeing the other Mega Stones in this game somehow given that NPCs use Megas that we can't.

Stuff in the Plaza is already expensive as hell.

If they keep giving out 1000s like this it shouldn't be THAT bad. I hope.

Ok it's almost stupid how different my Battle Tree experience is now. Before with just the Pokemon I'd casually played through the game with I couldn't get past round 5, now I'm at round 16 and Mimikyu has gone 3-0 on almost every single one.

EDIT: Going up against a guy who said it feels good to skip work to have a battle. His name is Worker Skip. Worker Skip skips work.

EDIT EDIT: So I beat him. He said, "If my boss finds out about this, first I'll be fired, then the wife will divorce me." Holy sheet, Pokemon, what are you doing.

Yea, competitively breed Pokemon vs. the stuff you use in game is like night and day.

It's not even Hyper Trained yet, either.

You know, I could've sworn Ice was strong against Bug. Guess not. Reached Red at the Battle Tree and his last Pokemon Lapras couldn't do a thing to Cocytus (Golisopod). I was afraid I might be in trouble when he Mega Evolved his Blastoise at the beginning but Mimikyu made short work of it before dying to its own Life Orb on the followup Snorlax (who spammed Recycle on a Sitrus Berry, it was very annoying, if ineffective).

EDIT: Oh sheet you get Charizardite X/Y, Venusaurite, and Blastoisinite from Red after you defeat him at the Battle Tree (as in the actual thing, not where you fight either Red or Gary Motherfucking Oak upon first arriving).

Stuff like this makes people think we'll be seeing the other Mega Stones in this game somehow given that NPCs use Megas that we can't.

Well, I did see a video of Anabel using Mega Latios in Battle Tree for Super Singles [from Youtube] (go rub salt in it, will you), so yeah. Hopefully we do get the other stones.

(I really want that Lucarionite, but 64BP is going to be a long way; least until January if stuff carries over. I won't be Mega Evolving for a while; well, unless I can somehow make use of that Alakazite you get from Dexio [meaning breed a competitive-level Alakazam, minus Magic Guard])

But yeah, even though my in-game team is more/less EV trained for competition (based on Smogon stuff), IVs are still off, so chances are that I will lose speed ties or hits won't go as deep as I want them to (when I'm giving them). Least the UBs are more/less up for it to a degree and should be fine until I can get my Gen 6 team over here.

So what'd everyone name their Legendaries/UBs, if anything? Only one I've done so far is named Solgaleo Liger Zero.

Lunala is Batman!!!

I only nickname those I get close to, so the others got the shaft.

Also, so... wait, hang on.

[spoiler=Thing]So I never knew you could meet the Fire, Grass, and Water captains in their homes. And they do a side mission thing. I beat Water and Grass. Does something happen if you beat all three?

Lunala is Batman!!!

I only nickname those I get close to, so the others got the shaft.

Also, so... wait, hang on.

[spoiler=Thing]So I never knew you could meet the Fire, Grass, and Water captains in their homes. And they do a side mission thing. I beat Water and Grass. Does something happen if you beat all three?

Fire/Grass side mission are version exclusive I think. Afaik most other Trial Captains or Kahunas have them too. Haven't tackled them yet tho so idk.

They are version exclusive as stated before, so defeating All three isn't going to happen anytime soon. You however unlock new "Battle Style Poses". Ilima unlocks "Lefthanded", Lana results in "Girly". Kiawe and Mallow give "Reverent".

I haven't decided on a Style to use het, but I'd rather see them in action first. Do you guys Have preference?

On the subject of nicknames, my Lunala is named "Nebby"; not very creatieve. Captured it in a Moon ball. The rest of my team has random names loosely inspired on their Species(' name).

Well, now that I beat Sun (technically beat it Thanksgiving), I can come back in here.

Man, what a great game. I think Alola's my second favorite region and Sun is my new favorite. They did so many things right and I had a blast exploring the region, getting to know the characters, plus the story's the best they had in a while. I'm definitely going to get Moon for Christmas to play through this again.

If I have one complaint, it's that they took away Super Training. I am nowhere motivated enough to try and EV train the old-fashioned way, got no time for that sheet. 

I'd at least like to EV train my Decidueye, but I'm not sure what's the best way to reset its EVs. Is there some sort of Festival Plaza meal that resets all of them, or am I gonna have to go one stat at a time?

Archived