Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually Flame, when I said how smooth X was, I meant the game in general. Everything operates so smooth and swift, compared to the clunkiness that is SuMo on non-New 3DS consoles. Menus open and close fast, the PC operates at more than 30 FPS, it's wonderful.

Right, that makes sense. Sun/Moon certainly has lag/frame rate issues. I'm curious why reviewers haven't really gotten on it about that.

Yeah, thankfully it's very minor. I've only noticed it during Totem battles, double battles, and when I'm dashing with Tauros and the camera pans in certain ways (like when you're dashing away from the Hao'oli Pokecenter towards Route 1 and the camera is looking down the street so you can see a lot more).

It's definitely not enough to bother me. I play PC games on a laptop, I've dealt with a lot worse.

EDIT: In the anime, didn't James have a bottle cap collection? Dude's gonna be OP with all that Hyper Training.

Also, euphemisms.

wnl1gDz.jpg?1

Interjecting, I wasn't very much a fan of the friendship with your pokemon (namely, your starter) affecting battles. But I think I've changed my mind, cause it saved me in the champion battle.

We were both down to our last pokemon, my Decidueye and his Ninetales. I fortunately had not used a Z-Move yet, so I used Sinister Arrow Raid in a desperate hope that it would OHKO. It was close, its HP bar was red, but not enough. It was over; he used Blizzard. BUT! With 1 HP left, Decidueye's love for me let it stick it out just enough for me to get a second move, so with a Spirit Shackle and a superior speed stat, I was able to win. Exhilarating.

Interjecting, I wasn't very much a fan of the friendship with your pokemon (namely, your starter) affecting battles. But I think I've changed my mind, cause it saved me in the champion battle.

We were both down to our last pokemon, my Decidueye and his Ninetales. I fortunately had not used a Z-Move yet, so I used Sinister Arrow Raid in a desperate hope that it would OHKO. It was close, its HP bar was red, but not enough. It was over; he used Blizzard. BUT! With 1 HP left, Decidueye's love for me let it stick it out just enough for me to get a second move, so with a Spirit Shackle and a superior speed stat, I was able to win. Exhilarating.

You know what's hilarious? This almost  exact thing happened to me, but even more blatantly a BS win for myself. My team was underleveled by like 7 levels.

I only had my Raichu left against a certain Pokemon that it would be super-effective against, but that it was outsped by. I tried to stall for a bit, but wasn't having luck lasting and running out of healing fast, and a drop to Raichu's DEF meant I was as good as done. Finally, out of options, I just chose Raichu's Z-Move, not out of necessity, just out of a desire to have a flashy finishing move if by some miracle I survived. Raichu had 13 HP. The opposing attack hit. Raichu's HP drops slowly, before stopping at 1, so that I wouldn't feel sad.

Raichu electric-surfs to a victory that, by all accounts, I had no right to win.

And that is why I'm Champion.

My champion story is a lot less exciting because I had the Exp Share on the whole time as well has having all three starters, 2 of which were gaining boosted exp from being traded so were even stronger than the rest of my team.

Though I'm having a lot more fun with my current team (Mimikyu, Golisopod, Minior, Silvallyl, Dhelmise, Zygarde).

So I just so happened to...

[spoiler=Spoiler? Not taking chances lol]Get 50 wins on super doubles at the Battle Tree, which also allowed me to get a new style as well. I didn't think i'd make it and I had some super close af moments. (Particularly when I ran into a dude running all legends with a DD Mega Latios being his main, I ended up scouting him for multis after lol).

So now, i'ma break, relax and maybe do some online Battle Royals (which are pretty fun) or VGC 17 games.

Still haven't finished the game, but unlike y'all, I haven't had trouble finding the pokemon I want. First time I fished in route 16(?) I got my Bruxush, got a minior color I liked in like 2 encounters.

Actually, scratch that. Forgot about comfey. Stayed up til 3 am trying to catch one. I did, but it was a fuçking hassle.

Also, I'm doing what I like to call am Amazon run. Only catching female pokemon (minus minior because I loved that ball of cosmic rock since the first time I saw it.)

Ugh, hunting for Jangmo-o or Bagon has nothing on trying to fish out Bruxish, Corsola, or Dhelmise.

Really? I can't speak for the other two but finding & catching Corsola was super easy. Feebas on the other hand was a pain. Took 1 hour & 40 minutes to find and catch(though technically I could have caught it in the first 10 minutes but I one shot it ;.;)

I did not figure that to be the case. Most shiny hunting/breeding happens after beating the game. I'm not even sure if you'd have had the Everstone at that point since if you did you could have locked in a nature when one of the babies got a good one.

Yeah which makes perfect sense, tbh, as people have access to a lot more stuff that way. I'm just a weirdo. *shrugs*

Actually Flame, when I said how smooth X was, I meant the game in general. Everything operates so smooth and swift, compared to the clunkiness that is SuMo on non-New 3DS consoles. Menus open and close fast, the PC operates at more than 30 FPS, it's wonderful.

Also, I have no issues with getting non-Alola stuff, so I'm just waiting for bank to be available so I can transfer over my living dex. I do need to move stuff around so I can add in Alola form stuff.

Oh yeah, Leafeon, if you want an Everstone, go fight Ilima in his house, and he'll give you one. The fight is available immediately after his trial.

I haven't noticed the clunkiness but then again have been using a New 3DS so that's probably why.

Thank you very much for that info! Have been doing this playthrough blind except for checking Pokemon locations so that'll be useful. I feel a little rueful I didn't get it earlier, but que será será I guess.

Ugh, hunting for Jangmo-o or Bagon has nothing on trying to fish out Bruxish, Corsola, or Dhelmise.

I somehow managed to catch Corsola and Dhelmise after a few tries, same with Jangmo-o and Bagon. Although SOS chaining for Shelgon has turned up nothing yet. I still need to fish for Bruxish, but I guess I should be patient for that one.

Filling out the Pokedex has been a bit sluggish though; I think I might shelf doing that until Poke Bank is released and futilely try to beat the Battle Tree (going off of my progress in Y, I actually kinda suck in battling).

I still need to get Bruxish, but the 1% chance to encounter them is a legitimate pain (especially when Magikarp appear 80% of the time [well, 79% but semantics]). At least I could find a Mareanie on GTS that didn't require something outrageous in return, so that's good. Same with Dhelmise (I should probably consider self lucky that there were people online who were willing to give away bred versions, as opposed to having to hunt). No Corsolas though, but I'll import them in a couple months.

(Need to see if that Vulpix I put on GTS got traded for a Sandshrew. Hell forbid that some people want legendaries and other crap for a version exclusive [i.e. some guys want one of the Tapus, some level 90+ stuff, UBs for a level 28-30 'mon])

Going to hold back a bit on Battle Tree stuff as well, least until I get my power 'mons over here. Not saying that my current team is bad (as I am training them by competitive standards), but if this is going to be like Showdown and all of the NPCs spam max IV / competitive sets, I need to be up to their level.

Think the Royale is slightly more lenient for the time being, but even then, still competitive level (and yeah, random NPCs can Mega Evolve for whatever reasons).

Archived