Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Oh god Kangaskhan is a 1% encounter rate in the volcano place, this will take awhile... Ok I found one after, like, 4 encounters. Lucky!

Also, I keep asking but no one's said anything, is there anyone who needs any trade evolutions for the Pokedex? I've got abunch like Slowking and Magmortar that I can do but I have no one to do it with.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I'm breeding a Weedle in X to be used for a Mega-Beedrill, and I had forgotten how smooth everything is in it. To make a comparison, it's like a polished cut diamond compared to SuMo's hunk of quartz.

Are you talking about the breeding itself or the competitive changes? Because yea, SOS battles are a MASSIVE step down from Hordes for EV training unless you get Pokerus and have the EV items. Even then its annoying and only really works well if you are doing 252/252/4 spreads. The only issue with the breeding itself (that I know of) is losing the super convenient circle at the base on Prism Tower that let me do other stuff while waiting for eggs to hatch.

God...it takes an eternity to EV train my Golisopod with the SOS method. I really don't have a lot of patience, but it's a bit infuriating how much PP I have spent chaining on Grimer who repetitively poison my Pokemon. It's fortunate at least I have a Pokerus Pokemon, but its yet to spread, and I don't feel like grinding BP in the Tree for the Power items too soon either.

I'd wait until Pokerus spreads before doing any EV training. I'd also grind for the BP. +8 is a MASSIVE jump and makes you go from getting 4 per Pokemon to 36.

I keep learning things that aren't new. Like, I knew last gen they added the status immunities like Electric-Types not being paralyzed, but I didn't know they made Ghost-Types immune to things like Mean Look/Shadow Tag while also making them guaranteed to flee wild battles regardless of speed.

I knew about the anti-trapping stuff. Didn't know about running.

R9wFZ1e.png

Also after around seventy-five tries I have finally bred a shiny Fomantis! Which I learned is actually pretty good considering I don't have a shiny charm. It also has the hidden ability, which is a spot of luck considering the Fomantis that came right before and right after both had Leaf Guard. I know it had a 60% chance, but that was just a bit too close for my liking. The nature's a bit bad (Rash), but as long as it doesn't lower attack I'm fine. If it knew Leaf Storm too that'd be pretty cool, but as that's an egg move and yet another thing I'd have to breed for and hope I get a shiny for, I'm perfectly fine with things as they are. Also the name is super unoriginal but I was just so excited at getting one I had no clue what to name it, and just said the first thing that popped into my head. I'll probably change it later.

One of the most important rules while breeding is setting natures. Getting an army of Ditto makes this super easy since you just need to a couple eggs to start the breeding proper. 

Very nice find. I'm planning on doing the same but since I'm working towards finishing my Pokedex I'll wait until I have the Shiny Charm. Is there a way to see if a wild Pokemon has its hidden ability? I realize with Fomantis all you have to do is wait for one whose stats go down when using Growth, but I'm wondering if there's other methods.

Entertainment. It changes the opponent's ability to your's and when it does it shows you what ability they originally had. This is why Pangoro is one of the best Pokemon to catch stuff with since it gets False Swipe and Entertainment and has Scrappy.  

I just checked te Battle Tree's items, and it's a bit suss that the only Mega Stones you can buy/receive are the ones for Pokemon you can catch in Alola.

Also, there's an item that prevents effects and damage from making contact with the enemy Pokemon, which is pretty neat.

Yea, having half the Megas be unusable really sucks. However they are in the game with NPCs using various ones so hopefully they'll be added somehow.

Yay got my Mimikyu to 100 and Hyper Trained his IVs (except SpAtk since I don't need it, gotta save Bottle Caps where I can). My next highest is Golisopod at 69. The 5 star Rare Kitchen is so nice to have for this.

Shradow I have 80% of the Alola Pokedex so if you want to help each other then I will do it.

Ok, cool. I'm just looking to trade some pokemon (specifically Slowpoke to Slowking, Magmar to Magmortar, and Porygon to Porygon2 and then Porygon Z) to evolve them and then trade them right back, because then I can use some on the GTS (like trading Slowking for Politoed so I don't have to spend the BP on another King's Rock). My FC is 0748-6486-2145, what's yours?

Yay got my Mimikyu to 100 and Hyper Trained his IVs (except SpAtk since I don't need it, gotta save Bottle Caps where I can). My next highest is Golisopod at 69. The 5 star Rare Kitchen is so nice to have for this.

Ok, cool. I'm just looking to trade some pokemon (specifically Slowpoke to Slowking, Magmar to Magmortar, and Porygon to Porygon2 and then Porygon Z) to evolve them and then trade them right back, because then I can use some on the GTS (like trading Slowking for Politoed so I don't have to spend the BP on another King's Rock). My FC is 0748-6486-2145, what's yours?

0130-3055-0413

I don't have anything much to trade but if you have Espeon/Umbreon I want to get their entries without wasting my time on friendship.

One of the most important rules while breeding is setting natures. Getting an army of Ditto makes this super easy since you just need to a couple eggs to start the breeding proper. 

Except I'm still in the beginning stages of the second island and haven't beaten the game like most of you have. I don't have any Everstones to pass down natures. I just wanted to get a shiny to play through the game with, and the only reason I have a Ditto is pure luck on the Wonder Trade. I understand the importance of natures but I'm not yet at the point where I can realistically breed for that stuff.

Except I'm still in the beginning stages of the second island and haven't beaten the game like most of you have. I don't have any Everstones to pass down natures. I just wanted to get a shiny to play through the game with, and the only reason I have a Ditto is pure luck on the Wonder Trade. I understand the importance of natures but I'm not yet at the point where I can realistically breed for that stuff.

I did not figure that to be the case. Most shiny hunting/breeding happens after beating the game. I'm not even sure if you'd have had the Everstone at that point since if you did you could have locked in a nature when one of the babies got a good one.

Actually Flame, when I said how smooth X was, I meant the game in general. Everything operates so smooth and swift, compared to the clunkiness that is SuMo on non-New 3DS consoles. Menus open and close fast, the PC operates at more than 30 FPS, it's wonderful.

Also, I have no issues with getting non-Alola stuff, so I'm just waiting for bank to be available so I can transfer over my living dex. I do need to move stuff around so I can add in Alola form stuff.

Oh yeah, Leafeon, if you want an Everstone, go fight Ilima in his house, and he'll give you one. The fight is available immediately after his trial.

Archived