Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Let's see what Pokemon they decide to give Megas to first, but at present, think a good amount of people still want that Mega Flygon. Then again, there are a few Pokes that deserve them, but got passed over during Gen 6 in favor of other choices.

Then again, I'm a bit more interested in whatever new 'mons come out, as well as the new abilities and stuff that are sure to come. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares where the Region is located at. I think we should pay attention to that new bird Pokemon. What could the typing of it's Evo Line be? I know this guy is most likely Normal/Flying, but it has so many Evo possibilities.

i mean, figuring out where the region is gives us a GENERAL idea of what motifs/pokemon to think about.

the bird is likely the regional bird, so starting as normal/flying is a given, and there's nothing else to discuss beyond its likely species...

So... This was posted on KYM:

405.jpg

...Thought it was interesting.

If Gen 7 were based on Hawaiʻi*, I'd be pretty damn happy (even if it isn't us, but one of the countries in the Pacific Ocean).

But otherwise, can't be certain about where it'll be; although the above might suggest something of the sort, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll correlate Gen 7 to us.

As for the bird, might be a standard Normal/Flying, but going to reserve judgment on that for now. We only know what it looks like; nothing linked to its stats / abilities / typing or whatever else.

----

* This is the correct spelling for Hawaiʻi (in the Hawaiian language); I use this spelling because I live here / for academic reasons. Either form (with or without the ʻokina between the i's is acceptable)

We just got the confirmation of these games yesterday, so we'll definitely be getting more information in the coming days.

(We don't expect them to just release everything during the Direct. All we can really do at present is just speculate on what might be around, given the previews shown)

Though, I do hope the Elite 4 / Champion have stronger rematches in this generation. That, and retain the character customization.

After a few days to let the news sink in, I'm debating on not looking up any info for these games. I'll look up the cover legendaries and the first forms for the starters, but that's it. I think it'll be fun and will be like when I was kid getting a new Pokemon game and not knowing any of the pokemon and having to catch and use all of them and build my team like that. It's going to be hard to do that for the entire year up to their release and getting one of hem.

After a few days to let the news sink in, I'm debating on not looking up any info for these games. I'll look up the cover legendaries and the first forms for the starters, but that's it. I think it'll be fun and will be like when I was kid getting a new Pokemon game and not knowing any of the pokemon and having to catch and use all of them and build my team like that. It's going to be hard to do that for the entire year up to their release and getting one of hem.

Good luck with that. Its VERY hard to ignore this type of information.

I wonder if they're finally gonna give us a Dark-type gym in these games.

I kind of hope we never get one. I enjoy how it being the one type left out in Gen 2 (between Kanto and Johto all types minus Dark are represented) has caused it to never have a gym.

Yeah, it's about time that they give us one (we had two E4 members who specialize in the type, but no regular gym leaders).

It is actually 3. Gens 2, 3, and 5 all had E4 members that specialized in Dark types. The joke with the Gen 5 E4 is that each one used a type that had been used twice.

In terms of E4 type break down (numbers list gens it appears)

Ice: 1, 3

Fighting: 1, 2, 5

Ghost: 1, 3, 5

Dragon: 1, 3, 6

Psychic: 2, 4, 5

Poison: 2

Dark: 2, 3, 5

Bug: 4

Ground: 4

Fire: 4, 6

Steel: 6

Water: 6

We still need Electric, Fairy, Flying, Rock, Grass, and Normal.

As for Gyms

Rock: 1, 3, 4, 6

Water: 1, 3, 4, 5 (x2)

Electric: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6

Grass: 1, 4, 5, 6

Psychic: 1, 3, 6

Poison: 1, 5

Fire: 1, 3, 5

Ground: 1, 5

Flying: 1, 3, 5

Bug: 1, 5, 6

Normal: 1, 3, 5

Ghost: 1, 4

Fighting: 1, 3, 4, 6

Steel: 1, 4

Ice: 1, 4, 5, 6

Dragon: 1, 5

Fairy: 6

Dark: None

Most common gym is Electric at 5 followed by Rock, Water, Grass, Fighting and Ice at 4. Least common are Poison, Ground, Ghost, Steel, and Dragon at 2 (and obviously Fairy at 1 and Dark at none).

And, for the hell of it, Champions

None: 1, 4, 5, 6

Dragon: 2, 5

Rock/Steel: 3

Water: 3

I think I forgot about Karen in HG/SS in terms of Dark E4s; remembered that Grimsley existed because of repeated W2 runs and Sidney is obvious from OR/AS.

In any case, hopefully they have something similar to White Treehollow / Black City from Gen 5 in terms of training places. Those were pretty nice for training and you can fight them however many times you want.

Like some of us mentioned in the improvement threads, hopefully they cut down on the amount of HMs needed (or give access to older generation ones, but doubting it will happen). That, and maybe show us the base stats of the Pokemon in the dex, so we know what we're dealing with.

I think I forgot about Karen in HG/SS in terms of Dark E4s; remembered that Grimsley existed because of repeated W2 runs and Sidney is obvious from OR/AS.

In any case, hopefully they have something similar to White Treehollow / Black City from Gen 5 in terms of training places. Those were pretty nice for training and you can fight them however many times you want.

Like some of us mentioned in the improvement threads, hopefully they cut down on the amount of HMs needed (or give access to older generation ones, but doubting it will happen). That, and maybe show us the base stats of the Pokemon in the dex, so we know what we're dealing with.

Do we really need better training place? Terminus Cave has Durant hordes which give over 4000 EXP with Lucky Egg and are the common horde for the area. Between EQ and Bulldozer you will get over 120,000 EXP just spamming sweet scent in the cave.

How many HMs were needed to actually complete stuff in XY? Like, the major surfing area was purely side stuff. Honestly, of the 5 HMs in XY the only bad one is Cut.

That's not too hard tbh. It's been years since X/Y came out and I still know very, very little about the region or the game. I vaguely recall how the starters look like, and the cover legendaries, and not much else.

We're of differing minds then, cuz I would like to see a Dark-type gym in Sun/Moon.

I totally get why people want it. I just find it funny that they seems to be specifically avoiding it at this point.

That's not too hard tbh. It's been years since X/Y came out and I still know very, very little about the region or the game. I vaguely recall how the starters look like, and the cover legendaries, and not much else.

Depends on your internet browsing really. People your friends with on Facebook, people you follow on twitter or tumblr, our status side bar, or if you check Serebii semi-frequently can all make avoiding spoilers more difficult for people.

An increase scale on battling would be cool.  The main series needs actual bosses that can't be cheesed through with high-leveled Pokemon and/or type advantage.  I want to see all of the Pokemon being necessary to combat a dangerous threat with a mountainload of hp and devastating signature moves.  I want to see something that isn't afraid to tell the player (no matter the age) to git gud.  I really hope Sun and Moon does that.

Yeah, it's about time that they give us one (we had two E4 members who specialize in the type, but no regular gym leaders). Though, if Sun/Moon are analogues to light and darkness, then we probably will (and likely are).

Technically, Dark-Type isn't focused on the Darkness element, but rather in basically being a douchebag; hence its Japanese name, Evil(Aku)-Type. Though there some 'mon belonging to that type who are associated with darkness (e.g.: Umbreon, Darkrai).

Do we really need better training place? Terminus Cave has Durant hordes which give over 4000 EXP with Lucky Egg and are the common horde for the area. Between EQ and Bulldozer you will get over 120,000 EXP just spamming sweet scent in the cave.

How many HMs were needed to actually complete stuff in XY? Like, the major surfing area was purely side stuff. Honestly, of the 5 HMs in XY the only bad one is Cut.

Aside from Cut, don't think you needed too much.

Fly is optional if you don't want to walk/ride bike all the way back to somewhere, Surf is obvious and Waterfall/Strength were for small things. (At least X/Y made Rock Smash a regular TM). Probably saying less TMs because of long OR/AS stuff lately.

-----

As for the other thing, basically a challenge area with bigger opponents (obviously post-game) or just make some sort of Battle Facility. Wasn't really fond of the Battle Maison much (and to this day, I still haven't completed the Super Battles either in X/Y or OR/AS [though that's because of time constraints among other things]).

I will say this though, the transference of some pokemon from the gen 1 games are going to be somewhat interesting;

For example Machamp w/ Fissure especially if it comes to S&M with No Guard

then there's Articuno with Bubblebeam, the strongest Water-type move it can learn

If we have the ability capsule in S/M it wouldn't matter. Though most people ban OHKO moves so its not THAT big a deal.

The difference between Water Pulse and Bubblebeam is REALLY nearly zero. The moves just have such low base power that they just aren't worth it.

Archived