Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

Alrighty!

Here is a new OC. I would like you all to meet Cassidy.

WASQT88.png

Cassidy O'Keeffe

She's in her teens (Middle School? High School? I dunno). She's a tomboyish girl. Likes video games, but sometimes a bit of an adrenaline junkie. So aside from video games and adventure, what's her ambition? Her favorite sport is gymnastics. And she wants to make it big there. However, aside from real life concerns like staying fit, keeping up with friends, and doing well in school, she also goes into another world. This other world helps fill out her niche for adventure. But it also unintentionally also helps her learn a few life lessons (like confidence for example).

Also, I put her in a hot pink background, because she gives me some 80s vibes personally.

So...what are her cons? Well, given how proactive and loud she can be at times, she can be obnoxious at times, or do things at the spur of the moment without thinking. And a couple of times, she doubts herself.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Alrighty!

Here is a new OC. I would like you all to meet Cassidy.

WASQT88.png

Cassidy O'Keeffe

She's in her teens (Middle School? High School? I dunno). She's a tomboyish girl. Likes video games, but sometimes a bit of an adrenaline junkie. So aside from video games and adventure, what's her ambition? Her favorite sport is gymnastics. And she wants to make it big there. However, aside from real life concerns like staying fit, keeping up with friends, and doing well in school, she also goes into another world. This other world helps fill out her niche for adventure. But it also unintentionally also helps her learn a few life lessons (like confidence for example).

Also, I put her in a hot pink background, because she gives me some 80s vibes personally.

So...what are her cons? Well, given how proactive and loud she can be at times, she can be obnoxious at times, or do things at the spur of the moment without thinking. And a couple of times, she doubts herself.

Finally we get a fiery red head! Now we can sit back with popcorn and just watch the series unfold. 😁😁😁

• Thanks 1

1041378082_Davante(3).thumb.png.e969aa5efbca32b6489af4edced01caf.png

Davante

The Psylexic Earth Boy

Third in the Mother drawing series comes the young lad, Davante. I'd like to start his profile by mentioning that you shouldn't be fooled by his stern appearance, he's a truly kind boy, but he has many problems in life, and often hides them behind a facade of grouchiness and confidence that unfortunately for him, easily falls apart.

He lives together with his older sister, the person he loves the most in the world, in the Parasol's Shade, a small district part of the Amagocoey Regime, one of the great... realms of the world, as I'm missing a better word to call them rn. Mmm... I guess I'd had to go into spoiler territory to be able to explain this in detail, so I'll try not to. As mentioned in my first drawing, Mother 3's ending is open to interpretation. The world could have been saved, or it could have been destroyed... or something else. This last is what I chose to believe. At the point where this story unfolds, an indeterminate, but large amount of time has passed since Mother 3's ending. The world changed, and became inhabited again, far and wide. But the government system became different from before. You see, during the cataclysm that ensued during the last moments of Mother 3, a large quantity of PSI energy was spread throughout Earth, surfacing from the womb of the planet. This energy held the memory of the planet. In time, people started finding fragments of this PSI energy, which crystallized into some round objects of different sizes, but on average close to a baseball, impossible to describe how they felt to the touch, these pulsating purplish fragments came to be known as Spores (<-- wanna find a better name). The Spores were fundamental in the development of the world. You got to understand that after the cataclysm, the world was pretty much resettled to 0, so it's possible it would have taken millennia for the few humans that were left to recover civilization as it was even though they held certain level of knowledge. Thanks to the Spores, the span of time required was reduced greatly. When you touch a Spore... welp, it will depend on the person, but normally, it won't go beyond experimenting a groovy journey, a la cannabis. But some people will see more clearly than others. And those better suited to absorb the Spore's "message" were able to understand how to build civilization. Those on top of this ability to discern the Spores were, as you've probably guessed, PSI users. I feel like I have explained too much about the system without talking about Davante, so let's just say the current world is a crazy mixture of ancient civilizations, getting along (or not) with the others. This is because Spores tend to group with their kind, and once they were deciphered by PSI users (considered by certain people as prophets/chosen people/messiah/etc) humans from the group of that PSI user were able to build back the civilization described by their leader. None of them, which right now are called Regimes, are 100% loyal to their counterparts of the past, because no matter how clear the information a Spore holds is, it's still bound to interpretation, and PSI user power is variable and unstable.

The Amagocoey Regime, then, was Davante's home. What the hell is Amagocoey? Can't you tell? Welp, it's Amazon, Google, Coca-Cola, Disney, all in one word xD. Yes, I'm serious (and not). These brands are omni-present in our modern world, so I felt like it would be a good wink. So yeah, the area were Davante lives is similar to our modern world, hence his appearance. But in other regions of the world, you will find Regimes based on Mesopotomia, another based Egypt, another based on the Victorian  Age, etc., and not necessarily in regions that match their geographical locations in our world, so don't be surprised if you see Ice-block Pyramids somewhere near the north Pole surrounded by white desert, or the Regime of Silk, Gunpowder and Printing in the middle of the jungle. Yeah, the world is kinda bonkers.

So, as you can see in the drawing, Davante is a PSI user. Does that mean he is treated as a messiah and lives with all honours inside a palace full of commodities, waiting in a comfy divan to be brought more Spores to decipher and guide their people while he stuffs himself with the best food? Not at all. Because Davante is both dyslexic and psylexic. Touching a Spore is hell for him, as he receives a barrage of incomprehensible and chaotic lights and sounds that hurt his head terribly. Keeping a Spore to oneself is an extremely grave crime by worldwide law, but once they have been deciphered, they're discarded and either sold or put in lottery for the masses. Certain people have the privilege of having one, and it's a prized treasure indeed (yeeep, because of the groovy journeys I mentioned). But when Davante was invited to touch one, he suffered a lot, and this was seen as a sacrilege to other people. Mix that with his constant troubles at school due to his dyslexia, and we have a bully target. On top of that, Davante has no parents. They vanished. Are they dead? Nobody knows for sure. Their job, which is Sporologist (archeologist, but of Spores, duh) took them to deep caverns and other mysterious places. One day, they didn't return from an expedition. So, both Davante and his sister, Brianna, work as part-timers to sustain themselves, but this causes greater trouble for Davante because he's usually behind at school.

Chapter 1 (remember, Zheon and Stella's episode is the prologue) starts by showing Davante in the clearing of a forest in the outskirts of the Parasol's Shade. Let me tell you that he hates PSI. He believes that it's PSI the cause of his dyslexia and his trouble with Spores, and would like to get rid of it. Then how come he's actually hidden in the clearing, training his PSI? He's not a fool, idealistic boy. He knows his "curse" won't go away simply by wishing, so he's training his powers with the hope that, by mastering them, his dyslexia will diminish. And the training is going well! Before knowing it, he has twigs, leaves and rocks circling around him, and he even dares to chuckle, impressed by his work. And everything falls to the ground when a delighted shout is heard:

"Caught you red-handed, Special One!!"

The band of stupid boys that bully him find him. Caught in the moment, Davante didn't see them coming. But wait, people knowing he actually possesses PSI is not a good thing? No. The problem is, I've been talking about PSI users as the cuspid of society, but I never said they used their PSI publicly. I'm finding it hard for me to justify this happened, but PSI users kept most of their powers to themselves and only showed them to their closest circle. The public doesn't know the extent of their powers, they just think they're able to "talk" with the spores. So, people wielding strange powers unrelated to Spores are seen as weirdos. The band of bullies surround Davante and jeer at him, while calling him "Special One". He hates that, and they know it. His sister Brianna often defends him from the bullies and calls his lil' dear brother that, so the bullies use it ironically to pester him. But after some jeering, they get serious. They feel like he's some kind of monster, and should really be disposed of. I don't know to which extent, but they meant no good. Scared, Davante reacts by instinct when their circle on him and uses his PSI to knock one of them down with a nice rock telekinesis strike on the face. Their circle broken, he runs for dear life. They laugh as they go after him. What, he trips with a branch or rock and falls to the ground like in most movies? Nah, it's just that Davante's physical condition is not too great either xD. And they catch him. Knocked down on the floor, he receives some kicks. He's too scared and confused, he can't concentrate to use his PSI to retaliate. He's curled on the ground, trembling and bracing himself for the next set of kicks, when one of the bullies shout.

"Hey, what the bloody hell is THAT!?"

A meteor? Damn, a METEOR, RUUUUUN! The others scream. Still very shaken, the body battered and weak, Davante manages to kneel on the floor. He watches the upcoming meteor half believing it's not possible.

"So, that's the end?"

The meteor comes at great speed, becoming bigger by the moment. Davante glances back. The bullies' silhouettes can be barely seen, but at the speed the meteor is moving, they might very well get caught in the explosion as well.

"Like I care. Serves them right".

Next thing he notices, Davante is using every single ounce of his power to try to stop the meteor. The face of his sister keeps popping on his mind. His parents, next. And even the bullies. He hates them. Oh, he hates them so much. Add yet, Davante is just too kind.

"I can't let this happen"

He almost faints. His arms extended and eyes closed, his body is drained from almost every drop of PSI. Nosebleeding and dizzy, he opens his eyes. He did it! (surprising, huh?). The meteor lies four or five meters from him, sizzling and crackling.

"Ehhh.... eh?.... EHHHHH!!??

It's not a meteor... it's... an UFO. Finding strength from who knows where, Davante jumps to his feet and runs behind a tree. The strange space artifact steams and bubbles. Davante's instinct is screaming "Run like the devil is chasing you", but curiosity has him pinned behind the tree. What to do? What to do? What to do? GAAASP! A loud clank, and then a hatch in the shuttle opens. A metallic ladder crashes onto the ground. Oh dang, Aliens, Oh, goddammit, alieeeens! A small feet appears, clad in a silvery boot. Then the same boot slips and the owner comes down rolling onto the floor! Davante witnesses the majestic advent of Aliens to Earth, flabbergasted. The alien twirls on the dirt and suddenly it's on all fours. Watching eagerly around, the alien scratches the soil enthusiastically, then it starts pulling some grass and throwing it into the air, happily. Then they watch a flower, completely mesmerized. And almost as mesmerized is Davante. With the mouth open, drooling without even noticing, the boy keeps staring at the playful alien. He moves his feet and a twig breaking resounds. The alien notices Davante's presence... and runs behind the shuttle. Silence. The purple haired head of the alien pops from the right of the shuttle. Davante's head pops from the left of the tree. They both notice and hide again... and this repeats... three times. Then the purple haired head appears for the fourth time... and winks. Davante's heart missed a beat. Then the alien timidly and slowly left her hideout. Standing there, a couple of meters from a small space ship, Stella smiled to Davante. And Davante couldn't help it: He smiled back. Thus, the Girl that Came from the Stars and the Psylexic Earth Boy met, and fates intertwined, they would in time start a journey to... guess what? Save the world! Original. Or... could it be there's more to it?

Weird fact: In Mother 2, there's a song called Boy Meets Girl. I know this will sound weird, but somehow a variation of that song exists in my mind. When I imagine the cute meeting of Stella and Davante, I play that song in my mind. If one day I learn how to compose music, I might try to compose that one.

Arrrgh, I've extended myself too much, nobody's gonna read this, so just one more thing, like with the others:

In Battle:

Davante is unlike the boys in the Mother series, which are very strong physically and have mostly healing PSI. His psylexia make his PSI unstable (not really reflected in the pattern I drew, guess I blundered it there, but I remembered too late and said, this looks good xD). Though he's rather durable, Stella's physical attacks are stronger. Then what makes using Davante good? Well, his PSI is a crazy mess. Instead of being 100% offensive or supportive, it often causes a combination of effects. He's able to mess with the turn order, steal critical hits or SMAAAAASH attacks from enemies, reverse/transfer certain statuses and stat changes, even alter weaknesses and resistances, or change attack patterns. In short, Davante's PSI is a bit situational, but easily some of the most devastating if used correctly, better at times even than simple strong attacking PSI, balancing his not-so spectacular stats. His special command, [Spore-Adic] allows him see the future, but mwahaha, I'll elaborate on this in other opportunity.

Edited by Rayfield Lumina
  • Like 6

39 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

1041378082_Davante(3).thumb.png.e969aa5efbca32b6489af4edced01caf.png

Davante

The Psylexic Earth Boy

Third in the Mother drawing series comes the young lad, Davante. I'd like to start his profile by mentioning that you shouldn't be fooled by his stern appearance, he's a truly kind boy, but he has many problems in life, and often hides them behind a facade of grouchiness and confidence that unfortunately for him, easily falls apart.

He lives together with his older sister, the person he loves the most in the world, in the Parasol's Shade, a small district part of the Amagocoey Regime, one of the great... realms of the world, as I'm missing a better word to call them rn. Mmm... I guess I'd had to go into spoiler territory to be able to explain this in detail, so I'll try not to. As mentioned in my first drawing, Mother 3's ending is open to interpretation. The world could have been saved, or it could have been destroyed... or something else. This last is what I chose to believe. At the point where this story unfolds, an indeterminate, but large amount of time has passed since Mother 3's ending. The world changed, and became inhabited again, far and wide. But the government system became different from before. You see, during the cataclysm that ensued during the last moments of Mother 3, a large quantity of PSI energy was spread throughout Earth, surfacing from the womb of the planet. This energy held the memory of the planet. In time, people started finding fragments of this PSI energy, which crystallized into some round objects of different sizes, but on average close to a baseball, impossible to describe how they felt to the touch, these pulsating purplish fragments came to be known as Spores (<-- wanna find a better name). The Spores were fundamental in the development of the world. You got to understand that after the cataclysm, the world was pretty much resettled to 0, so it's possible it would have taken millennia for the few humans that were left to recover civilization as it was even though they held certain level of knowledge. Thanks to the Spores, the span of time required was reduced greatly. When you touch a Spore... welp, it will depend on the person, but normally, it won't go beyond experimenting a groovy journey, a la cannabis. But some people will see more clearly than others. And those better suited to absorb the Spore's "message" were able to understand how to build civilization. Those on top of this ability to discern the Spores were, as you've probably guessed, PSI users. I feel like I have explained too much about the system without talking about Davante, so let's just say the current world is a crazy mixture of ancient civilizations, getting along (or not) with the others. This is because Spores tend to group with their kind, and once they were deciphered by PSI users (considered by certain people as prophets/chosen people/messiah/etc) humans from the group of that PSI user were able to build back the civilization described by their leader. None of them, which right now are called Regimes, are 100% loyal to their counterparts of the past, because no matter how clear the information a Spore holds is, it's still bound to interpretation, and PSI user power is variable and unstable.

The Amagocoey Regime, then, was Davante's home. What the hell is Amagocoey? Can't you tell? Welp, it's Amazon, Google, Coca-Cola, Disney, all in one word xD. Yes, I'm serious (and not). These brands are omni-present in our modern world, so I felt like it would be a good wink. So yeah, the world were Davante lives is similar to our modern world, hence his appearance. But in other regions of the world, you will find a Regimes based on Mesopotomia, another based Egypt, another based on the Victorian  Age, etc., and not necessarily in regions that match their geographical locations in our world, so don't be surprised if you see Ice-block Pyramids somewhere near the north Pole surrounded by white desert, or the Regime of Silk, Gunpowder and Printing in the middle of the jungle. Yeah, the world is kinda bonkers.

So, as you can see in the drawing, Davante is a PSI user. Does that mean he is treated as a messiah and lives with all honours inside a palace full of commodities, waiting in a comfy divan to be brought more Spores to decipher and guide their people while he stuffs himself with the best food? Not at all. Because Davante is both dyslexic and psylexic. Touching a Spore is hell for him, as he receives a barrage of incomprehensible and chaotic lights and sounds that hurt his head terribly. Keeping a Spore to oneself is an extremely grave crime by worldwide law, but once they have been deciphered, they're discarded and either sold or put in lottery for the masses. Certain people have the privilege of having one, and it's a prized treasure indeed (yeeep, because of the groovy journeys I mentioned). But when Davante was invited to touch one, he suffered a lot, and this was seen as a sacrilege to other people. Mix that with his constant troubles at school due to his dyslexia, and we have a bully target. On top of that, Davante has no parents. They vanished. Are they dead? Nobody knows for sure. Their job, which is Sporologist (archeologist, but of Spores, duh) took them to deep caverns and other mysterious places. One day, they didn't return from an expedition. So, both Davante and his sister, Brianna, work middle time to sustain themselves, but this causes greater trouble for Davante because he's usually behind at school.

Chapter 1 (remember, Zheon and Stella's episode is the prologue) starts by showing Davante in the clearing of a forest in the outskirts of the Parasol's Shade. Let me tell you that he hates PSI. He believes that it's PSI the cause of his dyslexia and his trouble with Spores, and would like to get rid of it. Then how come he's actually hidden in the clearing, training his PSI? He's not a fool, idealistic boy. He knows his "curse" won't go away simply by wishing, so he's training his powers with the hope that, by mastering them, his dyslexia will diminish. And the training is going well! Before knowing it, he has twigs, leaves and rocks circling around him, and he even dares to chuckle, impressed by his work. And everything falls to the ground when a delighted shout is heard:

"Caught you red-handed, Special One!!"

The band of stupid boys that bully him find him. Caught in the moment, Davante didn't see them coming. But wait, people knowing he actually possesses PSI is not a good thing? No. The problem is, I've been talking about PSI users as the cuspid of society, but I never said they used their PSI publicly. I'm finding it hard for me to justify this happened, but PSI users kept most of their powers to themselves and only showed them to their closest circle. The public doesn't know the extent of their powers, they just think they're able to "talk" with the spores. So, people wielding strange powers unrelated to Spores are seen as weirdos. The band of bullies surround Davante and jeer at him, while calling him "Special One". He hates that, and they know it. His sister Brianna often defends him from the bullies and calls his lil' dear brother that, so the bullies use it ironically to pester him. But after some jeering, they get serious. They feel like he's some kind of monster, and should really be disposed of. I don't know to which extent, but they meant no good. Scared, Davante reacts by instinct when their circle on him and uses his PSI to knock one of them down with a nice rock telekinesis strike on the face. Their circle broken, he runs for dear life. They laugh as they go after him. What, he trips with a branch or rock and falls to the ground like in most movies? Nah, it's just that Davante's physical condition is not too great either xD. And they catch him. Knocked down on the floor, he receives some kicks. He's too scared and confused, he can't concentrate to use his PSI to retaliate. He's curled on the ground, trembling and bracing himself for the next set of kicks, when one of the bullies shout.

"Hey, what the bloody hell is THAT!?"

A meteor? Damn, a METEOR, RUUUUUN! The others scream. Still very shaken, the body battered and weak, Davante manages to kneel on the floor. He watches the upcoming meteor half believing it's not possible.

"So, that's the end?"

The meteor comes at great speed, becoming bigger by the moment. Davante glances back. The bullies's silhouettes can be barely seen, but at the speed the meteor is moving, they might very well get caught in the explosion as well.

"Like I care. Serves them right".

Next thing he notices, Davante is using every single ounce of his power to try to stop the meteor. The face of his sister keeps popping on his mind. His parents, next. And even the bullies. He hates them. Oh, he hates them so much. Add yet, Davante is just too kind.

"I can't let this happen"

He almost faints. His arms extended and eyes closed, his body is drained to almost every drop of PSI. Nosebleeding and dizzy, he opens his eyes. He did it! (surprising, huh?). The meteor lies four or five meters from him, sizzling and crackling.

"Ehhh.... eh?.... EHHHHH!!??

It's not a meteor... it's... an UFO. Finding strength from who knows where, Davante jumps to his feet and runs behind a tree. The strange space artifact steams and bubbles. Davante's instinct is screaming "Run like the devil is chasing you", but curiosity has him pinned behind the tree. What to do? What to do? What to do? GAAASP! A loud clank, and then a hatch in the shuttle opens. A metallic ladder crashes onto the ground. Oh dang, Aliens, Oh, goddammit, alieeeens! A small feet appears, clad in a silvery boot. Then the same boot slips and the owner comes down rolling onto the floor! Davante witnesses the majestic advent of Aliens to Earth, flabbergasted. The alien twirls on the dirt and suddenly it's on all fours. Watching eagerly around, the alien scratches the soil enthusiastically, then it starts pulling some grass and throwing it into the air, happily. Then they watch a flower, completely mesmerized. And almost as mesmerized is Davante. With the mouth open, drooling without even noticing, the boy keeps staring at the playful alien. He moves his feet and a twig breaking resounds. The alien notices Davante's presence... and runs behind the shuttle. Silence. The purple haired head of the alien pops from the right of the shuttle. Davante's head pops from the left of the tree. They both notice and hide again... and this repeats... three times. Then the purple haired head appears for the fourth time... and winks. Davante's heart missed a beat. Then the alien timidly and slowly left her hideout. Standing there, a couple of meters from a small space ship, Stella smiled to Davante. And Davante couldn't help it: He smiled back. Thus, the Girl that Came from the Stars and the Psylexic Earth Boy met, and fates intertwined, they would in time start a journey to... guess what? Save the world! Original. Or... could it be there's more to it?

Weird fact: In Mother 2, there's a song called Boy Meets Girl. I know this will sound weird, but somehow a variation of that song exists in my mind. When I imagine the cute meeting of Stella and Davante, I play that song in my mind. If one day I learn how to compose music, I might try to compose that one.

Arrrgh, I've extended myself too much, nobody's gonna read this, so just one more thing, like with the others:

In Battle:

Davante is unlike the boys in the Mother series, which are very strong physically and have mostly healing PSI. His psylexia make his PSI unstable (not really reflected in the pattern I drew, guess I blundered it there, but I remembered too late and said, this looks good xD). Though he's rather durable, Stella is stronger in her physical attacks. Then what makes using Davante good, Well, his PSI is a crazy mess. Instead of being 100% offensive or supportive, it often causes a combination of effects. He's able to mess with the turn order, steal critical hits or SMAAAAASH attacks from enemies, reverse/transfer certain statuses and stat changes, even alter weaknesses and resistances, or change attack patterns. In short, Davante's PSI is a bit situational, but easily some of the most devastating if used correctly, better at times even thatn simply strong attacking PSI, balancing his not-so spectacular stats. His special command, [Spore-Adic] let's him see the future, but mwahaha, I'll elaborate on this in other opportunity.

Good work, Rayfield.

• Thanks 1

Holy crap that is one long text. Though makes sense as it is character description + world building lore + pilot chapter (sort of). Yes I read it. And it took me 2 breaks xD

I believe it is "part time" not "middle time" (medio tiempo xD )

That is some very cool lore for the world, on pair with the giant crystal one you made a while back. The alien introduction was charming, did not expect the wink xP

That MC would look great as a funko p-*shot*** 

I see now where your love for beady eyes style comes from xD

Cute drawing. I was hoping you'd finally show what you had been working on ;9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Happy Birthday, @Tinkerer!

Cmub2dp.png

This was VERY rushed. I spent the span of 2 hours drawing this. Because 5 is all I could afford on this workday. And I only found out it was your birthday on my shift. But I wanted to see if I could throw something together that you might like.

Thank you!

It's funny you ended up drawing this. I don't have a lot of favorite yugioh cards from the modern era, but this picture reminds me of one of my recent favorites: this behemoth.

I'll probably end up turning your pic into a card that alludes to that one :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two tropical beauts on the same day? Thank you!

Now that I'm showered and well fed, I will assess these two ("Assess, Nyx? This ain't school!").

9 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Happy Birthday @The Nyx Avatar !!

1709648247_MarinL(1).thumb.jpg.08f7c1c85e8dda749d157cd04378161c.jpg

EXACTLY what I was hoping to see one of you draw at some point in the future! Are there better girls and women in The Legend of Zelda franchise? Of course. But Marin is my personal favorite. So benign, she likes to sing, she looks gorgeous. And her outfit? Perfect!

17 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Finally got home from work!
Happy Birthday @The Nyx Avatar !
Here's a gift:
X4i9T1e.jpg

There are a couple of Gym Leaders I personally like from the Pokemon franchise. While there are others I like, Jasmine is a personal favorite of mine as well. While I do prefer her original outfit, this was the first Jasmine I ever met (Pokemon Heart Gold). So thanks for Special Summoning nostalgia. And that gelatin's nice. Also...cool pattern you got going back there. I like the hues of purple and cyan.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I was checking my YouTube feed and bumped into this little experiment.
If you don't feel like watching the video in (it is long and I essentially skipped to the result in most of them to speed things up but did watch a couple that I do know of like Emirichu): Essentially, somebody draws a character and gives it to another person to look at. THEN that next person seals away that first image, unable to look at it again for the reminder of that turn, and they try to draw that character based purely on what they remember of it. Then the next person will do the same but basing themselves on the second drawing rather than the first. Then a 4th person does it based on the 3rd drawing and so on.

It is meant to be a sort of "broken telephone" experience where you expect stuff to change throughout the turns due to memory trouble and the changes wind up getting carried over to the next version. At the end we might end up with something pretty unrecognizable from what we started with xD

It's just an idea of a potential activity we could do, and it helps a lot that it doesn't particularly seem to care about anybody's skill level and doesn't have a winner or loser in this.... what do you people think about it?

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

Hey everyone, I was checking my YouTube feed and bumped into this little experiment.
If you don't feel like watching the video in (it is long and I essentially skipped to the result in most of them to speed things up but did watch a couple that I do know of like Emirichu): Essentially, somebody draws a character and gives it to another person to look at. THEN that next person seals away that first image, unable to look at it again for the reminder of that turn, and they try to draw that character based purely on what they remember of it. Then the next person will do the same but basing themselves on the second drawing rather than the first. Then a 4th person does it based on the 3rd drawing and so on.

It is meant to be a sort of "broken telephone" experience where you expect stuff to change throughout the turns due to memory trouble and the changes wind up getting carried over to the next version. At the end we might end up with something pretty unrecognizable from what we started with xD

It's just an idea of a potential activity we could do, and it helps a lot that it doesn't particularly seem to care about anybody's skill level and doesn't have a winner or loser in this.... what do you people think about it?

I have no objections.

And it'd give us something to do, since no one seemed to bite at my idea.