Election Thread

Ryusei the Morning Star

1 minute ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I refuse to vote because I want to reserve my right to bitch.

Republicans can't bitch because they "lost" the election.

Democrats can't bitch because they're the idiots that put Biden in office.

So I get to bitch and all the republicans agree with me while the democrats have to suck it up whenever their guy fucks up.

The enlightened neutral

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I refuse to vote because I want to reserve my right to bitch.

Republicans can't bitch because they "lost" the election.

Democrats can't bitch because they're the idiots that put Biden in office.

So I get to bitch and all the republicans agree with me while the democrats have to suck it up whenever their guy fucks up.

how do you remain so neutral

4 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

I guess I'm blackpilled. I spend most of my residence either in Iowa (where I voted this election) and FL (where I voted in 2018).

I got enough of my friends in Miami to vote for the president and register as republicans, and in the end both my congressional districts and states went solidly for the president

Not sure what more I can do. There was obviously VMB chicanery with low rejection rates. Enough of the country will go to their deaths thinking Biden is illegitimate. If we overturn the bullshit results, great. If not, we'll  have to settle for using the courts and special consuls and senate to make Biden's life a living worthless nightmare like he did to President Trump

2024, we don't unilaterally disarm and take it back in the worst case

Not sure how Biden used the courts to make Trump a living hell, but keep crying, I guess.

Like, at least with Trump, Democrats were reacting to things Trump did, and what he promised. People saw him as legitimately dangerous, and opposed him accordingly.

You're just trying to tear Biden down not because of anything he's promising, or how dangerous you expect his administration to be. You're just flailing around and lashing out because Trump lost.

Honestly, your first statement there summed up your tantrums perfectly.

9 minutes ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Oh, that? Yeah, Trump already tried to get back at that with the Hunter Biden laptop "story".

Still love how that fell flat.

It didn't actually. The Biden camp said it was more widespread than the clinton emails. But lucky for him, the media refused to talk about it. Funny how that works

29 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

It didn't actually. The Biden camp said it was more widespread than the clinton emails. But lucky for him, the media refused to talk about it. Funny how that works

You mean the unverified story that had shaky sourcing at best? Yeah, can't imagine why they didn't run with it.

Has it occurred to you that this wasn't some mass conspiracy by "the media" to protect Biden, and it's just that this was a smear story that didn't have much merit to it? You only really seemed to latch onto it not because the story was actually legitimate, because you were still bitter about Trump getting investigated that you were desperate for anything you could use to deflect onto Biden.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/safe-harbor-deadline-trump.html

As it turns out, we don't have to wait until the 14th for the game to end. The safe harbor deadline is today. SCOTUS will also be rejecting Trump's effort to flip Pennsylvania's 20 electoral votes. Even if Trump did get them, he would still lose, it's just that Biden would have 286 to Trump's 252.

So, the goalpost is going to move to January 6 next, right?

More desperate flailing, I see.

When I said I expect the goalposts to move, I thought that would be picking something after the electoral college vote, because if that doesn't flip the votes for Trump, then something else totally will. Can't say I expected an attorney general under criminal indictment to ask the vote itself to be delayed, and arbitrarily exclude particular states for the crime of Trump losing.

Are we still pretending that this is about fraud? This is just throwing about as many votes as possible without any regard for whether they're actually legitimate. Near as I can tell, people don't seem to realize that just because it's been filed doesn't mean it will be heard. So congratulations, both of your sources don't understand the process.

You can keep telling yourself that Trump has a "right" to use the courts to challenge this, but this is still just trying to suspend the process for Trump's convenience.

Can't say I'm surprised that Winter is upset when rules are upheld.

2 minutes ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Boy, how many times do you want to spin this as "But the Dems started it"?

You're getting hyped up over the smallest thing. Chill.

Yes, as I don't expect anything to come of it. 

Also it's an Original Jurisdiction case so SCOTUS HAS to take take it, though they could summary dismiss

The PA Bognet case is where the money is at, followed by the one before the AZ and GA supreme courts (not powell)

Archived