Christmas Event - Development Thread

Rayfield Lumina

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, here's the current starting starting lineup:

Sleepy - Cloudian // Items - Sword / Shield / Key / Key / Potion / Warp Cube // Starting Point S4

Nyx - Kuriboh // Items - Key / Potion / Mining Tools / Mist Sphere / Warp Cube // Starting Point A4

Draconus - Skull Servant // Items - Shield / Shield // Starting Point ??

Mr Melon - Gigobyte // Items - Sword / Sword / Potion / Mining Tools / Mist Sphere // Starting Point ??

Horu - ????? // Items - Mining Tools / Mist Sphere / Warp Cube // Starting Point ??

So I just need a confirmation for Horu's character (sory man, by the time you mentioned some of the characters they had been already taken by other participants.

If you want to start playing, let me know. We can play either here or at discord. Probably discord would be a faster, better experience, but the Event was made for the sake of YCM's activity, so it's your call, let's just have fun.

1 hour ago, Nobody Really said:

I like the little drone guy. Don't recall his name right now. He just seems useful.

Ok, no problemo. Do you think you can access discord? We discovered it's much much easier playing over there.

Also, George is likely to come to play too. He was telling me he'd choose Digitron as well, but didn't post because he's thinking of making an xmas post as well. SInce you posted first, you have preference over the choosing, but maybe you could talk about it if he comes? I want everyone to be satisfied with their chosen mob, that's all n.n

12 hours ago, Draconus297 said:

Since no one else is there, I'd like to start at U-4.

Alrighty. Technically it's S4 since it is at the start of the stairs, but done.

10 hours ago, Nobody Really said:

I guess that puts me on A6 then

The same as with Draco, the start of the stairs is be A4. Allocated. Horu, do you think you could join the discord server I made for this Event? Yesterday we were playing and I'm afraid managing a decent play session will be rather hard over here (but if you cannot, ok, we'll manage somehow)

---

@George366 Again, welcome to the game. Horu chose Digitron a bit earlier, so I dunno if you want to talk with him about it or choose another critter n.n

6 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

@George366Again, welcome to the game. Horu chose Digitron a bit earlier, so I dunno if you want to talk with him about it or choose another critter n.n

Looks like a battle to the death then. For real tho, looks like we both want the same character so I'll leave the decision to you @Nobody Really. It seems like you have been on a bad streak of luck so I'm ok with choosing somebody else.

3 hours ago, Nobody Really said:

I would love to but I'm trapped in the real world right now.

I see. Well, gimme a call when it's possible. If there's absolutely no way you can connect to discord, we'll have the session here, even if it's slooooow

3 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

I think I'll start at S-26.

Won't be able to start today either, but I'll be able to jump in tomorrow!

Alright, Gigobyte is ready to battle!

---

By the way, guys, this is an important addition to the game rules. After a couple of days of battles and seeing some real activity, I believe it's a good measure to implement a Regen Rule: At the start of each day, your Character is healed by 10 HP. To compensate, Skull Servant heals 25 HP.

C'mon, @Nobody ReallyI've asked you twice about Digitron and no answer, and when George tags you directly no answer either. I can assure you we don't want to pressure you, we just wanted to know if it was alright for George to take Digitron. Like he said, he's aware of you having bad luck so far because the ones you have been wanting have been taken by people who ask for them first, but we know you're an easygoing guy, so maybe you want a different character?

15 hours ago, Nobody Really said:

I don't mind. George can use Digitron. Just give me a list of available characters and I'll look it over.

Alrighty, I'll tell him.

You can find the list of characters at page 1, in the Phase 3 post, along the current development of the Map. As you can see, some of the participants are making good progress! Don't be left behind n.n

23 hours ago, Nobody Really said:

Then I claim that adorable critter.

Alrighty. I'd like you to play, but like I told you earlier it requires constant quick communication, so it's either you can connect to discord and look for me so I send you another invitation to the Event's server, or we hold it here, but in that case, when you encounter a monster I'll hold the battle in auto (as in, I'll conduct the battle making both your rolls and opponent's rolls and inform you of the result). The others are able to do it by themselves given the server has a die roll bot, but here, it'll take centuries. So yeah, hope you can go there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a little log of what's been transpiring in the Phase 3 so far!

@Sleepy chose Cloudian and braved the dungeon puffing n' floating around. She's the master of Mining: whenever she goes, she finds a Mining Tools! On top of that, she has an Ability to phase thru walls, so no damn pile of bricks can stop her. In truth, not only Mining Tools, but she has more items than anyone! Yesterday she didn't have a good day, but today she's bound to take revenge!

@The Nyx Avatar Is a fearsome individual, using Ghost of the Attic as representative. The little critter is evil as they can be, it goes around bouncing and leaving all walls stained with the multicolored blood of the monsters who dare to stand in his way (or happened to be on a picnic in a certain tile and had the misfortune of encountering the bloodlust Kuriboh.

@Draconus297 Visits from the Graveyard as the Skull Servant. An overly cautious individual, he thinks twice before  making a move. Pondering and pondering, the Skeleton moves, watching his feet at every step. He doesn't like to fight much, but when he does, the enemy is obliterated easily. It doesn't seem he'll die anytime soon, this regenerating Skull is too clever for that.

@George366 Is the sarcastic robot, Digitron. When you see him saying woo! or cool! or neat!, it's likely he's being ironic, the  damn guy xD. 70% of his posts are ironic crossed lines of text, so always take what he says with a grain of salt. He passed one dangerous trap with flying colors once, but was obliterated in the second. Serves him right!

@Mr Melon Made his appearance yesterday as the punchy Gigobyte. Only six moves, and he made quite the dent. A slack start, getting crushed by a Needle Ceiling, but he began to put his skills in action and made short work of 3 monsters which could do little against him. Almost at the end, he got a third sword, and now is truly a force to be reckoned with.

Crap, you're absolutely right, Melon-san! That means Gigobyte's quest is one of great grief for him, as he has to confront two of his friends. What could have happened that they changed so much and performed such atrocities?

Interviewer: Mr. Gigobyte, what can you tell us about Marauding Captain? Any leads as to how he's behaving this way?

Gigobyte: I just can't understand it, he's a caring man. There was one time when I (as my future self) was about to get killed by a Blazing Impachi, and he used his body as a shield to protect me. I didn't see it myself, but a comrade told me he did the same once to stop a rain of arrows when Freed was unable to move. There was another instance when a further version of myself was completely out of control, but he never gave up on me, to the point when I was finally able to rise (in an even further future version of myself) as a champion of justice. Heck, there was one time when I was hidden behind a tree and watched him preparing soup for those in need. I just... need to find the truth. I refuse to accept he'd do something so vile!

Interviewer: What the hell are you talking about? Future self? Are you outta your mind?

Gigobyte: Keep your mind open, my friend.

Interviewer: That's what I get for wanting a field job, interviews with lizards. I should have stayed as Weather Man. Ahem, anyway, Mr. Gigobyte, what about Mokey Mokey? A bit of a background would be good, I don't understand how he has such a legion of female admirers.

Gigobyte: ..... well, he's not the talkative type. I can only say you'd better not make him angry. One day we were watching the Super Bowl and somebody changed the channel by accident when Mahomes was about to score a touchdown... dude, we barely survived that day...

Interviewer: Ok, f*ck this, I'm outta here.

Archived