Christmas Event - Development Thread

Rayfield Lumina

I've come to ask about the current update in our points, as this thread has had less updates since the last stage moved to Discord for convenience of the game xP

- - - - -

Talking lore, Marauding Captain is that "somebody special" that Gagagigo mentions in his card descriptions that taught him of companionship and justice. While some artworks depict both Gagagigo and the Cap fighting against platoons of goblins (Goblin Attack Force). Meanwhile Freed the Matchless General is the boss of the Cap being of a higher military rank and being the one that gets iirc 3 card versions also growing up stronger as he encountered Gagagigo at times when Gagigo would have been the thug. When Gygobyte grows to the "Gogiga Gagagigo" stage (2950 ATK) is when the cap intervenes and makes Gagagigo remember his past self, breaking out from the control that Kozaki's tech had on his mind and body and becoming this:
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Gagagigo_the_Risen

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sleepy said:

I've come to ask about the current update in our points, as this thread has had less updates since the last stage moved to Discord for convenience of the game xP

Wow, you read my mind, Sleepy. Precisely yesterday as I was going to bed I decided I was going to update the scores today. I think that's important because all bosses are already revealed, but undefeated. At this point, the battle for first place is far from undecided, thus I give you the updated score so you can consider it in what to do next. I was also going to make a second log, so here it goes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, a more than a week has passed since the adventurers entered the Dungeon in their quest to save Dark Magician Girl. Right now, most of the kids in the world are crying non-stop because their toys weren't delivered. Will the adventurers be able to save Dark Magician Girl, travel in time and restore Christmas?

@Sleepy Is the most dangerous of yellow puff you will ever encounter. She might had one or two bad days, but yesterday she took vengeance on the dungeon, beating powerful enemies left and right and obtaining hundreds of points in the process. One would think she's more interested in gaining points that DMG's rescue. On top of this, she found one of the great treasures of the dungeon: the Hylian Shield (yes, the very same) and unlocked a secret that made many warps appear throughout the map! Oh, and even cleared an Action Trap with passing grades! xD.

@The Nyx Avatar Has bravery second to none. He went and single-handedly fought the mightiest monster in the Dungeon. Unfortunately, the monster still survived, but Nyx had a honorable defeat and the robot is still crying, damaged beyond repair and waiting for its execution. Nyx is also the proud owner of another of the Dungeon's great treasures: The Master Sword! Hardly any monster can prevail at the power of this nimble ball of fur!

@Draconus297 showed promising results at the start, but nowadays he's nowhere to be seen? What could have happened? I don't know, but I hope he's alright.

@George366 Hasn't stopped being a sarcastic robot, don't worry. But beyond his crossed text, he's a calculating machine that does his job like no one else. He has the ability to scout and reveal what's in tiles? Well, He's being scouting and revealing tilesThanks to his efforts and a tiny bit of healthy cowardice he has managed to reveal most of what's inside of two of the most dangerous places in the Dungeon.

@Mr Melon Is a person I'm scared of. Why, you ask? Well, he's controlling Gigobyte, remember? But the problem is he's basically killing every single fellow reptile he can during his travels. Snakes, Alligators, Dinosaurs and even Deity Nagas, he takes 'em out. The lack of empathy for his scaly fellows is something to be concerned about x_x. Beyond that, he's doing really fine, divining riddles and besting Traps.

Guys, we're close to the end, let's battle with renewed effort!

And don't forget to check the current Point Record so you consider your next course of action. For the longest time, Nyx was comfortably in the lead, but now Sleepy is hot on his heels! Will Nyx be able to maintain the lead, or Sleepy will prove that slow and steady wins the race? Or perhaps Draconus or Mr Melon will make an astounding come back and leave them behind? I can't wait to know!

(we can discard George, boooo for George xD)

1555 is the combined points of all participants that have less than 1000 each. Since out of them only George is still playing I propose they are all now his xD

I don't suppose making Christmas posts after a full week into January still nets one points.... or does it? xP

2 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

1555 is the combined points of all participants that have less than 1000 each. Since out of them only George is still playing I propose they are all now his xD

lol, I'll have to decline of this proposal, I'll be killed xD

3 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I don't suppose making Christmas posts after a full week into January still nets one points.... or does it? xP

The event is still ongoing. If I had to stick to the time limit, December 31, I'd have to shut down the Phase 3 xP. I'd say Xmas Posts are still viable, even if they feel a lil' out of place. Everyone is invited to make xmas posts in the couple (I guess) of days that are left.

I feel a bit of nostalgia, now that the event has ended. We had some good and fun times, a couple of tense moments as well, but in general I think it was a nice experience. I'm looking forward to the next event!

As some of you might have noticed, I made a little status with the 3 top players, but here's the full standings!

1️⃣ The Nyx Avatar          - 2970 points

2️⃣ Sleepy                         - 2610 points

3️⃣ Mr Melon                    - 1510 points

4️⃣ Draconus297             - 1290 points

5️⃣ Nobody Really            - 875 points

6️⃣ George366                  - 650 points

7️⃣ TheBlackCatter          - 260 points

8️⃣ TheRealNoobmaster - 105 points

9️⃣ Ryusei                          - 55 points

I won't get tired of thanking all of you for participating n.n.

And of course, it's Prize Time! So @The Nyx Avatar, I'll make a drawing, just tell me which character you want and I'll do my best to fill the expectations!

9 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Well, I have been thinking about it. But...would I be able to give my prize to another player?

If you're comfortable with that, I guess it can be done. You placed first and thus have the rights over the prize. In a sense, it's kinda like if you were making a request so you could give it as a gift, except that in this case the other person would be the one to give the specifics of the drawing.

I know Sleepy's been really nice, and Tinkerer did his best. But would George be interested? He was one of the four who played often enough. And even took on Marauding Captain. Me, Sleepy, and Tinkerer fought Dark Magician. But he never once did. Yet, he used his rolls to help alleviate Sleepy's frays against Magician. Not to mention when he was selecting his monster. It was evident that Horu wasn't going to go on Discord to play. But George didn't rush things. He wanted to be polite and patient.

So yeah. I would like to know if George is interested. To offer him the chance of getting a drawing of a character he requests.

33 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I know Sleepy's been really nice, and Tinkerer did his best. But would George be interested? He was one of the four who played often enough. And even took on Marauding Captain. Me, Sleepy, and Tinkerer fought Dark Magician. But he never once did. Yet, he used his rolls to help alleviate Sleepy's frays against Magician. Not to mention when he was selecting his monster. It was evident that Horu wasn't going to go on Discord to play. But George didn't rush things. He wanted to be polite and patient.

So yeah. I would like to know if George is interested. To offer him the chance of getting a drawing of a character he requests.

That's very considerate of you, that's a great idea. If that's your decision, let's summon @George366 to see what he thinks about this n.n

32 minutes ago, George366 said:

This is kind of sudden for me, I appreciate the offer but I'll have to think about it for a bit. I'll let @Rayfield Lumina know when I make my decision.

Lol, I'm loving how nobody wants my drawing and is trying to push it to someone else, hahahaha.... yeah... it's funny.... T_T

• 1 month later...

I hope there's no problem with posting here after it's been so long since the event finished. For anybody who reads this, Dark Magician Girl was successfully rescued by the 5 brave warriors from the clutches of Dark magician, who was the  traitorous mastermind behind the kidnapping!

The Map found in Page 1 has been updated to reflect this. I'm posting until now because the prize for winning the event was completed just a couple of days ago, and has already been delivered!

See ya in the next event n.n

Archived