Christmas Event - Development Thread

Rayfield Lumina

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

Oh man, I never get to see the clues play out; you guys get 'em so quickly! 😆

I think it's a combination of the game being not too hard and you guys being too good for this! Also, I didn't anticipated the players using Duelingbook or Duel Links as tools to facilitate it since I don't use such tools myself >_<''.

12 hours ago, Draconus297 said:

If I'm allowed, 11 and 26?

Ummm, Draconus, in order to gain a hint you need to make another Christmas Post. For solving a puzzle you receive a lot of points (that's why you're currently first place xD), but not a hint. It doesn't have to be something as sophisticated as your Card Taste Dossier thread, even a single card is welcome and will give you the right to ask for a hint 🙂 

12 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Have a major paper due tomorrow, but after that, I SHALL!

Sure, you're more than welcome to participate! Please don't forget to tag me in your post and I'll go have a look a it as soon as I come around and see the notification. The game is a little advanced already but if we were to get more activity I'd consider making another phase n.n

2 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Sure, you're more than welcome to participate! Please don't forget to tag me in your post and I'll go have a look a it as soon as I come around and see the notification. The game is a little advanced already but if we were to get more activity I'd consider making another phase n.n

well! we've got a lot more activity recently

2 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

well! we've got a lot more activity recently

Focused in a single thread, unfortunately. I would seem many of the veteran members posting over there are likely to not staying around after the mod appointment has been resolved, which is kind of sad. Then again, some of them might do depending on the person who's granted the position. The site's activity is bound to change its flow a little based on the outcome, but I'll repeat myself and say that what we need is to focus on managing to make the newbies stay, that should naturally build up the activity.

Ahem, probably I shouldn't elaborate too much about this topic right here, but I'm always interested in discussing methods for improving the site's traffic.

Okay, as per Horu's request granted by his third Christmas Post, Square 13 of Grid 3 has been revealed. To add to the difficulty, the image has been de-saturated (black and white) in the hope that's enough to stop you guys from guessing it right first try.

Next post:

Someone gets it right first try xD

5 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Okay, as per Horu's request granted by his third Christmas Post, Square 13 of Grid 3 has been revealed. To add to the difficulty, the image has been de-saturated (black and white) in the hope that's enough to stop you guys from guessing it right first try.

Next post:

Someone gets it right first try xD

Oops.

Magical Citadel of Endymion

1 minute ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Oops.

Magical Citadel of Endymion

FUU

Yeah, I've decided, this cannot stay as it is! I kept it nice and simple because I wasn't sure how much activity the Event would see, but I didn't expect they'd be solved this fast! For this reason, I'm making another set with higher difficulty, brace yourselves, you damn YGO geeks xD

Congratz on another 200 points, Nyx, you're first place now!

10 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

FUU

Yeah, I've decided, this cannot stay as it is! I kept it nice and simple because I wasn't sure how much activity the Event would see, but I didn't expect they'd be solved this fast! For this reason, I'm making another set with higher difficulty, brace yourselves, you damn YGO geeks xD

Congratz on another 200 points, Nyx, you're first place now!

Yay!

So when do you estimate the next set will be ready?

Marauding Captain: "Meh, see, these coppers just won't quit! We need to move to a new location! Meh!"

Gagaga Girl: "Like, totally! Monkey Mokey, where should we go?"

Mokey Mokey: "..."

Gagaga Girl: "OH! That's totally, like, a great idea!" 

Marauging Captain: "Say, those coppers will never find us there, see!"

Mokey Mokey: "..."

Maurauding Captain/Gagaga Girl: *laughs evilly*

Dark Magician Girl: "You... understand it?"

The above is hilarious, please make a continuation, Melon-san!

---

Today's been quite the hectic day for me. I had to take care of something important which took way longer than I thought, so maybe I won't be able to finish Phase 2 - Round 2 today as I told Nyx. But in the Meantime:

Do you remember I said in the Event Thread that revealing the 3 Field Spells was key to determine a fourth location where Dark Magicial Girl is being kept? A location that, as we just read in the previous post, Mokey Mokey had in mind all along? You never know, right? So, the question is, which is this Fourth Location? It's also very simple to guess, maybe whoever gets here first will get it, and that's another 200 points, so I wish you luck!

18 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

The above is hilarious, please make a continuation, Melon-san!

---

Today's been quite the hectic day for me. I had to take care of something important which took way longer than I thought, so maybe I won't be able to finish Phase 2 - Round 2 today as I told Nyx. But in the Meantime:

Do you remember I said in the Event Thread that revealing the 3 Field Spells was key to determine a fourth location where Dark Magicial Girl is being kept? A location that, as we just read in the previous post, Mokey Mokey had in mind all along? You never know, right? So, the question is, which is this Fourth Location? It's also very simple to guess, maybe whoever gets here first will get it, and that's another 200 points, so I wish you luck!

Might it be this?
Amazon.com: YU-GI-OH! - Secret Village of The Spellcasters (LDK2-ENY33) -  Legendary Decks II - 1st Edition - Common: Toys & Games

2 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Interesting choice. I invite you to state your reasoning as to why the three original Field Spells are linked to this 🙂 

It's Secret, much like that Hidden Village of Ninjitsu Art Training was. Hidden/Secret. It looks to be in a forest, like Ancient Forest, and it relates to Spellcasters like Magical Citadel of Endymion. Granted, Spell Counters aren't exclusive to Spellcasters, but practically every Denymion monster, and more monsters outside Endymion that use Spell Counters are Spellcasters.

9 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

It's Secret, much like that Hidden Village of Ninjitsu Art Training was. Hidden/Secret. It looks to be in a forest, like Ancient Forest, and it relates to Spellcasters like Magical Citadel of Endymion. Granted, Spell Counters aren't exclusive to Spellcasters, but practically every Denymion monster, and more monsters outside Endymion that use Spell Counters are Spellcasters.

So, showing off your almighty, newly acquired Mod Powers, huh? Nyx Avatar? xD

That's a perfect answer,  another 200 points for you!

Meanwhile, watching at crowned Nyx, shining and standing  proud on top of the mountain... the others:
STolLU9B_400x400.jpg

except @TheBlackCatter, for obvious reasons

Archived