Unlimited:

• Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
  • Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
  • Evigishki Mind Augus
  • ABC Dragon Buster
  • Toadally Awesome

Thoughts:
Bans:
- All 3 were problem cards in their own right, no complaints here. Sad that Elpy and VFD are still around, but hey

Semi:
- Ok, I guess

Unlims:
- BA are near enought back to full power, besides the fact that Beatrice is still @1 though
- ABC, as expected tbph
- Toad, sure. It's a boon to Paleo for what it's worth
- Mind Augus, sure

Well, I'm glad I never bought any of those recent bans. I was considering Smoke Grenade, and then saw how much the original cost. Easily dodged a bullet there. And I KNEW Linkross was just a matter of time when it'd be banned. If not now, then next time.

I don't know what to say about True King's Return, since I've only encountered about two Kings.

I don't like Burning Abyss, but you guys have fun with them.

The other three I'm cool with (especially the Gishki).

Overall...I don't know what to say. None of the bans irk me, but there was only one or two cards lifted off the list that I genuinely like.

8 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Still wasn't the right ban. Elpy should have died 

So you would rather have a hit to one specific deck, rather than a generic more than toxic interaction ?

I get it if you would say Elpy should have been hit as well, however I really do not see how you can be defending Dragon Buster Destruction Sword.

2 hours ago, The Highlander said:

So you would rather have a hit to one specific deck, rather than a generic more than toxic interaction ?

I get it if you would say Elpy should have been hit as well, however I really do not see how you can be defending Dragon Buster Destruction Sword.

As much as annoying as the combo was it was quite easy to out it. 

7 hours ago, The Highlander said:

Just looking at OCG where banning Elpy wiped out the deck. Cross+Elpy lets the deck so do much that it normally cannot. Including multiple negates+buster

I'm a bit surprised at Linkross getting banned because of how new it is, especially compared to everything else in the combos it is used at.
That said, that was definitely a good call.... and I always found the card really dull in general. They might as well just called it "Extender Link" and it would have been just about right.

ABC at full power is something I wanna test out. To me they sound pretty good but I've never truly seen how much disruption from current day decks actually hinders them...
Guess if they survive an Ash or Impermanence and keep going they die to the giant rock treatment.... hmmmm....

I wonder if BAs and PKs have now gotten enough toys to play with that mixing them together might no longer be the best thing you can do with them. Heck somehow I wonder if BAs are even all that excited about Tour Guide at 3 xD
(you can tell I'm not a very competitively savy person because these are legit "to experiment with" notes I'm dropping for me).

I actually usually look forward to the random classic unbans we might get more than the actual hits these days. 
I still think people underestimate how slow, fragile, and potentially unreliable or even unimpressive Mirage of Nightmare can be, and people have been advocating for Time Seal and Yata Garasu unbans for a while now, and I'm curious to see how it'd go since Yata lock is pretty much impossible even if you traded CED for Norleras somehow to get more effects going.
Among other stuff...

On 12/13/2020 at 2:54 AM, Sleepy said:

I actually usually look forward to the random classic unbans we might get more than the actual hits these days. 
I still think people underestimate how slow, fragile, and potentially unreliable or even unimpressive Mirage of Nightmare can be, and people have been advocating for Time Seal and Yata Garasu unbans for a while now, and I'm curious to see how it'd go since Yata lock is pretty much impossible even if you traded CED for Norleras somehow to get more effects going.
Among other stuff...

I don't see Yata-Garasu coming back without some sort of errata. Norleras' effect can also still be cheated with Phantom of Chaos and you can top-deck Yata with cards like Plaguespreader Zombie/Feather of a Phoenix so you can get the card to your hand after the Norleras reset. Not to mention locking your opponent out of a draw phase so easily in general is just degenerate. Think about it. Say it comes off the list. All it takes is one person to come up with another degenerate strategy that facilitates Yata-Garasu and it'll create what it originally created with Chaos Emperor Dragon all those years ago. It may not happen right away (it didn't when it was released but once people saw its power, it was the lock of death and Chaos Emperor Dragon getting released made it even more-so) but it would be inevitable. Time Seal's problem is the interaction with Temple of the Kings and Makyura the Destructor even with their hard once per turns and recursion cards. You only need to proc it once in your turn.

With Mirage of Nightmare, all you'd need is a way to get rid of it so you don't pay the price for the downside. Draw cards without some sort of real downside in general aren't really good for the game. Pot of Desires and Pot of Extravagance have pretty significant downsides for drawing 2 cards.

Out of those cards though and without errata's, Time Seal is probably the most likely to get unbanned.

Archived