Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter about new forms since official events use the latest game.

I think in older gens they used placeholders for form changes but that's not necessary since patches happen and I'm pretty sure they can make it so it'll give you an error message if you battle an older version.

I'm honestly not as hyped as most people would think given how huge a pokemon fan I am. My guess as to why is that 3rd gen is my 2nd to least favorite and I kind of burnt out on gen 3 seeing as how I own all 5 games from that gen. I also did a play through of Emerald not THAT long ago. That being said, I will eat it right up since I do love me the pokemon. Plus, Gen 3 getting the new mechanics should really help it. Trying to go back to pre-attack split is really hard.

Also, odd they would announce this now and not E3.

I would prefer sequels to remakes tbh. 

Whilst I love gen 3, the issue I've played it often enough for the actual plot to get stale. (As much of a plot as there is). Plus doing it as sequels does make it easier to intergrate the new things in like Mega's for obvious example. 

I can agree with this. Emerald is the "canon" story so going back to two seems a little strange.

What I'm confused about is that the "New Megas" aren't in XYs Data.

My only explanation is that connecting to Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire brings a patch of sorts that adds them into the game, as well as connecting to an XY that has them already.

I dunno.

PS: I'm getting Sapphire so I can get Kyogre and Latias 4evers

A patch with the data would be simple enough. Most 3DS owners are likely to have internet access SOMEWHERE so getting it shouldn't be that hard.

I'm excited because, while Steven is certainly getting Mega Metagross, if they keep Wallace the same, it is very probable that Mega Milotic will exist.

Mega Gardevoir hopefully means Wally will be more relevant, too. You know, rather than appearing to be an aspiring trainer and then rarely fighting at all.

I look forward to how they will update the contests, and another thing.

Given Lysandre's boss Pokemon was Gyarados (though Pyroar aesthetically), considering Maxie and Archie's goals, perhaps Mega Sharpedo and Camerupt with Drizzle and Drought, respectively?

Mega Meta and Mi would be very sweet. 

One of the weaker points of the 3rd gen games is the rival didn't really do anything. You start with the opposite gender character who never evolves her starter all the way and then just disappears then get Wally out of no where. 

Calling it now - 0 new mega evolutions(excluding Latis).

XY doesnt have the data for it, so i doubt they'd include them, considering they both are gen 6

I think of the Mega Evos as new forms and they have been known to add them in the same gen. Does anyone know if the Rotom and Giratina forms were in the data for D/P?

On the note of Emerald being canon, I'd imagine they'll pull a HG/SS and mix the stories.

Also, going to hazard a guess that Wallace will be Champion and Steven will be doing things with Mega Stones in Hoenn.

Again, they implied these are sequels, not remakes, sooo

I wonder how they would integrate Steven into the plot, though.

If he is indeed no longer the champion, he may have investigated the mega stones (suggesting current mega stones being available multiple times or new mega Pokemon). If Wallace also stayed the champion, then Mega Milotic would not be a surprise.

If they simply glorified remakes as a whole new adventure, then Maxie and Archie might even have Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo.

I'm excited to see the Trick House or whatever it was called. I hope they expand it. And I am very hopeful that they add wi-fi capabilities to the multi battles in the Battle Frontier. Just the thought of doing those with people over wi-fi made me tear up, though some sections in particular did not have multi battles. Certainly the tower, at least.

Maybe the contests will have wi-fi capabilities, too. Though things like this are not too difficult to exploit and repeatedly abuse the most efficient method, it was interesting.

This could also finally make Jirachi more accessible than before.

Which means my brother is getting a 3DS for his birthday.

I really, REALLY hope they either let you bring clothes over from X/Y (I doubt both regions would have the same clothes), or at least have a wider customization than them.

Hope they do pre-order bonuses like XY. Those storage pokeballs were handing even though they only stored 3 games.

Those were pre-order bonuses? I ended up with a ton of them since Nintendo World was giving them away during the midnight release. On that note, I waited so long for the game that the swag truck just gave away everything they had. It was kind of sweet. Also, part of me REALLY wants to do that again simply because more sweet swag.

What I'm confused about is that the "New Megas" aren't in XYs Data.

My only explanation is that connecting to Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire brings a patch of sorts that adds them into the game, as well as connecting to an XY that has them already.

I dunno.

PS: I'm getting Sapphire so I can get Kyogre and Latias 4evers

... Would that even work? idk, maybe. I'm thinking the patches already seen on the eshop would be more usable for that, though.

The thing is, with that, if somebody without the patches tried to face somebody who had one of the Megas not inherently in XY (wirelessly), what would happen?

Last time I checked, don't you need the update to use well online. But just wirelessly... uh... it seems like an easier thing to implement, but at the same time with more problems, right...

I wouldn't be surprised if they released a patch for X/Y if they add data in Omega/Alpha. Similar to the last patch, you'd probably need it to access online features.

Calling it now - 0 new mega evolutions(excluding Latis).

XY doesnt have the data for it, so i doubt they'd include them, considering they both are gen 6

Downloading a Ruby/Sapphire data patch for XY would make sense. And them not making Megas for Sceptile and Swampert make sense since they were holding them out for Omega and Alpha.

At least, I'm hoping that's the deal. It'd be weird to only give some starters Mega Evos.

Yes, the can patch it. Lots of people seem to be in the mindset that the 3DS doesn't connect to the internet or something. They could easily make it so that you MUST download the patch to battle online.

The ONLY problem they will have to work around is local play– something consoles (which have been doing this throughout last gen) never had to worry about. They could make it so that you can't connect locally to a game that has the update, or, god willing, somehow manage to let one copy of XY download the new data from another copy (that would be so weird, but also, totally hilariously great) 

Also, odd they would announce this now and not E3.

Likely, it would get leaked and they just wanted to announce it first.

Again, they implied these are sequels, not remakes, sooo

Pokémon games always say "new adventure" or whatever, no matter if they are remakes or not.

Check the back of your HGSS case. "Prepare for thrilling new adventures as legendary pokémon awaken!"

They're not really implying anything.

The difference is that they said a new WORLD this time.

"The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world."

Plus, how would retconning MegaEvolutions into the past, which Groudon and Kyogre seem to be, make sense? It made "sense" with retconning Johto and Kanto, because they were originally the be-all-end-all of the series. Then it continued, thus it had to be retconned. Automatically calling Sycamore a dumbfuck makes 0 sense.

They finally made a Gen 3 remake; sweet. (I figured they'd have to use Alpha/Omega at some point during sequels)

Assuming they keep things the same, I'm going for Sapphire for Kyogre and Latias. Not sure if I'll be able to buy both of them, but we'll see how things look as it nears its release date. 

Wondering if Pokebank will be compatible with this, or if I'll have to get a 2nd 3DS for transferring stuff over from X/Y. Hoping it does work though.

The difference is that they said a new WORLD this time.

"The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world."

Plus, how would retconning MegaEvolutions into the past, which Groudon and Kyogre seem to be, make sense? It made "sense" with retconning Johto and Kanto, because they were originally the be-all-end-all of the series. Then it continued, thus it had to be retconned. Automatically calling Sycamore a dumbf*** makes 0 sense.

They're completely making the world within the XY engines. Of course they're going to say new world.

They changed up the story for HGSS, added mons in the sevii islands to FRLG. I mean, technically speaking, remakes are all about retconning.

Probably the most amazing thing I have seen all year!

Pokemon Ruby was the first Pokemon game I played (but not the oldest), and i've always stood my ground that Gen III was the best generation, so I am ridiculously excited to play the remake in glorious 3D! 

To my last comment on 0 new mega stones, I assume this is a remake w/ updated graphics, pokemon, etc etc. The only way they could introduce the mega stones is post game, and such. I doubt that it would happen like that. I also doubt they would patch X/Y because it makes little sense in hiding Lati@site, but not include the mega stones, AND OR/AS is coming out a year later. Why would they knowingly leave out content they would have to patch in a years time?

If this is actually a sequal, yeah I could see mega stones being in game, but its unlikely to be a sequal.

Archived