Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

On 2/6/2021 at 10:24 PM, Dokutah Jolly said:

Hello. this is my first post here!

well some forewords, i want to officially introduce myself as my real name which also currently my only artist name for more professional matters. my name is Ariel Caesar T

i used to draw and have a dreams of become mangaka or 2d animator, but as the time goes i got burned out and ridden with some mental health problems so at the end im not as polished as i want it to be. so i kinda put those dreams on hold and pursue a much more realistic demand of the industry as 2D Motion Graphic Artist

i still wanna be good at drawing though  so i hope by joining here i get motivated to polishing my skills again. here one of my creation, an OC i made for Arknights game character the enigmatic Prof.Azathoth:

WWtVg4G.jpg

Damn, Jolly, this is pretty damn cool. For your previous words I imagined you to be more in the casual zone, but definitely this is far beyond that, great work n.n. I hope  those dreams you're sharing become true one day, and I'm not saying this from the mouth out, becoming mangaka and/or animator is an amazing dream that probably many of us share at one level or another. I was beaten to it, lol, but I also welcome you to the club.

On 2/7/2021 at 12:45 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Well, based on his performance in the Discord game, here's Wretched Ghost of the Bloodshed!

9oK3y36.png

Hehe, nice going, Nyx. You already know what I think of this, but to repeat myself, I like more the overall feeling of the image now that it's finished. The background just adds perfectly for the atmosphere of the dungeon crawling. And looks like even Poki Draco got a bit of a beating! xD

• Like 2

On 2/8/2021 at 6:20 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Damn, Jolly, this is pretty damn cool. For your previous words I imagined you to be more in the casual zone, but definitely this is far beyond that, great work n.n. I hope  those dreams you're sharing become true one day, and I'm not saying this from the mouth out, becoming mangaka and/or animator is an amazing dream that probably many of us share at one level or another. I was beaten to it, lol, but I also welcome you to the club.

Hehe, nice going, Nyx. You already know what I think of this, but to repeat myself, I like more the overall feeling of the image now that it's finished. The background just adds perfectly for the atmosphere of the dungeon crawling. And looks like even Poki Draco got a bit of a beating! xD

Thanks!

Well, here's the next 3rd of the slice of life I draw in my free time at work (none of that free time I have right now):

Also, I really despise these spoilers. They're not working as they should.

sDWxMmE.jpg

xpMDMlv.jpg

y9ac2XG.jpg

ReFP1vU.jpg

NO4CSTn.jpg

9is5jn8.jpg

Dq8Hrz4.jpg

pGoZGew.jpg

• Haha 1

You got the touch @The Nyx Avatar

I mean it, this is really charming and fun :)  You know your stuff. What do I mean? The mood, the pace, the humour and all those funny faces the girls make, it's just really cool. It's evident you have learned a lot from the anime manga and are implementing it well while being original.

The only thing I didn't understand is what is Melody doing in the last page, I don't know what's the thing she's trying to stab xD

Lumina being face-down on the floor twice was hilarious xD. It's almost the same position, you did it on purpose, right? It could become a recurrent gag, I'm all in for that.

• Like 1

Here's 3 things I have to upload:
The first is an alien character I made a long time ago for card art.
The second is random a page of doodles I made during work's break one day, trying to come up with weird looking  vegetables for my comic project.
The last one is a sketch request I'm still working on, Ib from Yugioh but made in my dot-eyes style of drawing. 

RaziE7r.jpg

iHO65SU.jpg

hKkYVG7.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Here's 3 things I have to upload:
The first is an alien character I made a long time ago for card art.
The second is random a page of doodles I made during work's break one day, trying to come up with weird looking  vegetables for my comic project.
The last one is a sketch request I'm still working on, Ib from Yugioh but made in my dot-eyes style of drawing. 

RaziE7r.jpg

iHO65SU.jpg

hKkYVG7.jpg

Dot eyes are called beady eyes.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted my 1000th post to be something special. This is for you, @Sleepy, the prize for the Christmas Event, I truly hope you like it, I poured my soul into it n.n

EDIT: I noticed YCM greatly reduced the image's size, original is 1754 x 2260 px. I'll give you the original image if you'd like.

AlinaTryingADress.thumb.jpg.3e93035dfa43e7299a13c940f4f2839a.jpg

EDIT: I noticed YCM greatly reduced the image's size, original is 1754 x 2260 px. I'll give you the original image if you'd like.

Edited by Rayfield Lumina
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I wanted my 1000th post to be something special. This is for you, @Sleepy, the prize for the Christmas Event, I truly hope you like it, I poured my soul into it n.n

No wonder it took you so long. That's a...very detailed setting. The pattern on the walls, the cracked-looking tiles, the pattern on the rug. I mean it's more effort than I would've put in my settings.

Anywho:

Not to take away from the fruits of Rayfield's labors. I just didn't want to double post. Say hello to Haruka, as Spring is just around the corner!

eA50w6S.png

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

No wonder it took you so long. That's a...very detailed setting. The pattern on the walls, the cracked-looking tiles, the pattern on the rug. I mean it's more effort than I would've put in my settings.

well, I tried to make a checkered marble floor, similar to this:

9cbb321d3736e74a7b1def8d1940cd59.jpg

In retrospective, I could have made the white lines in the black tiles thinner. The good thing is that the drawing can still be submitted to improvement, I can address that. Soo, detailed, ok, but hopefully you liked the overall drawing?

14 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

eA50w6S.png

You already know my opinion, but to repeat myself, this is pretty good, nice work. And thanks for listening to critique and suggestions n.n

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

well, I tried to make a checkered marble floor, similar to this:

9cbb321d3736e74a7b1def8d1940cd59.jpg

In retrospective, I could have made the white lines in the black tiles thinner. The good thing is that the drawing can still be submitted to improvement, I can address that. Soo, detailed, ok, but hopefully you liked the overall drawing?

Well, yeah! I'm just stunned at how much effort you put into the drawing.

44 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

You already know my opinion, but to repeat myself, this is pretty good, nice work. And thanks for listening to critique and suggestions n.n

Thanks!

And it wasn't too many changes, so I was okay with taking the extra hour or two to change.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 4:51 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

I had already said this personally but: I love how it turned out. I did not expect to see THAT much detail throughout. I can confidently say this is more than worth being a prize for an event, and at the moment of being given the prize it is my favorite drawing of yours xP
That might sound a bit off considering it is a drawing of one of my own characters, but being honest, the background might even shine more than the character itself... like, holy cow is that impressive xD
That's not to say the character herself look bad. That dress looks so pretty, I in fact tried my hand at drawing more of my character in it the next day haha.....

I am very happy with the result. Love it, thank you!

On 3/7/2021 at 5:58 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Anywho:

Not to take away from the fruits of Rayfield's labors. I just didn't want to double post. Say hello to Haruka, as Spring is just around the corner!

eA50w6S.png

The club was silent for like 2 weeks and then just when you are about to post it, you are not the only one with a new piece xD
That actually happens all the time so I guess there's a time where the universe says "it's a good day to post a drawing" hehe xP

That said, this is a pretty cute drawing. A yukata, right? those and kimonos with the fancy patterns of flowers and stuff are always nice to look at. I think it had been a while since you drew one of your girls and posted it here. 

15 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

The club was silent for like 2 weeks and then just when you are about to post it, you are not the only one with a new piece xD
That actually happens all the time so I guess there's a time where the universe says "it's a good day to post a drawing" hehe xP

I just didn't want to double post on this thread is all.

17 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

That said, this is a pretty cute drawing. A yukata, right? those and kimonos with the fancy patterns of flowers and stuff are always nice to look at.

Kimono, actually. Though, I could understand if it's hard to tell. Even I had a hard time telling the difference until recently. Maybe the lack of tabi or any kind of socks, but I just wanted to show off Haruka's nail polish. Today, I found this cute illustration that better shows the differences between the two!

image.png.a7d2b1242b2ababf98d0d9d2eedc142e.png

21 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I think it had been a while since you drew one of your girls and posted it here. 

Yeah. I did draw that apostle-inspired girl, but I intend to share that one here in the later future.

• Like 1

I made these as part of a small group of spells with a thematic of "fire fairy chooses the fitting spell for thee occasion". 
They'd essentially be able to shuffle themselves from the hand into the Deck to add whichever other one you want, but the added card must be revealed the whole turn and can't do this searching effect while it remains that way. Stuff like MST or an equivalent for monsters and that sort of thing.... I did not really get to finish the set and tbh results were mixed for me:

NOTE: Ignore the mostly erased words in the upper left corners. That sketchbook was originally reserved for Inktober entries I never ended up completing.... and as for the last two or so years onwards the name Inktober is kinda cursed so I doubt I'll be retaking something like this any time soon xD

Originally it was gonna be about will o wisps that are firery illusions (so I'd have them change form from card art to card art) but kinda lacked inspiration to go through with it. In the first art she's holding a will o wisp that both resembles a skull face and a breaking lock inside the fire (De-Spell reference)

On the second one I figured I needed more lightning in front of her too... and I figured a bit better how to re-ink. After the coloring, the lineart usually loses strength so I have to give it a second pass. Thicker lines only go outside the silhouette and thinner lines everywhere else, and I can't believe enough time had passed I had to re-learn/re-discover this yet again.... oh well. 
ih7hSJY.jpg

nLvHQxa.jpg

Edited by Sleepy
  • Like 4

On 3/13/2021 at 10:40 AM, Sleepy said:

I had already said this personally but: I love how it turned out. I did not expect to see THAT much detail throughout. I can confidently say this is more than worth being a prize for an event, and at the moment of being given the prize it is my favorite drawing of yours xP
That might sound a bit off considering it is a drawing of one of my own characters, but being honest, the background might even shine more than the character itself... like, holy cow is that impressive xD
That's not to say the character herself look bad. That dress looks so pretty, I in fact tried my hand at drawing more of my character in it the next day haha.....

I am very happy with the result. Love it, thank you!

Your words are very kind, Sleepie n.n.

It was a bit of an odyssey, but I don't say it in a negative context. The reason I took so long to finish, leaving aside IRL stuff that cuts your time, was mental hurdles. as I'd take a lot to decide to do something. What I mean is that to start making a part, I'd take ages to decide how to do it, worrying about being able to make it good enough, but as I was finally on the development and I was at a point where I could say "this is going to end up well", I had fun and satisfaction. What I was looking forward to the most was that you liked the finished work, so it makes me truly happy that was the case.

~~~~~~

The Fairy is looking dangerously cute xD. At the beginning I hoped it was part of the original TCG, but it's going to be for YGO. Oh well!

26 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Your words are very kind, Sleepie n.n.

It was a bit of an odyssey, but I don't say it in a negative context. The reason I took so long to finish, leaving aside IRL stuff that cuts your time, was mental hurdles. as I'd take a lot to decide to do something. What I mean is that to start making a part, I'd take ages to decide how to do it, worrying about being able to make it good enough, but as I was finally on the development and I was at a point where I could say "this is going to end up well", I had fun and satisfaction. What I was looking forward to the most was that you liked the finished work, so it makes me truly happy that was the case.

~~~~~~

The Fairy is looking dangerously cute xD. At the beginning I hoped it was part of the original TCG, but it's going to be for YGO. Oh well!

She can be also part of my tcg. After all it is not like any of my yugioh creations will ever get very far or that I don't still have full ownership of them. I was also told that she kinda looks like my character Pyro/Autumn but grown up and cosplaying xD

My tcg would demand more effort into the drawing than what I did here tbh xP

I'm curious, what were the first parts you decided to draw for my prize?

18 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

She can be also part of my tcg. After all it is not like any of my yugioh creations will ever get very far or that I don't still have full ownership of them. I was also told that she kinda looks like my character Pyro/Autumn but grown up and cosplaying xD

My tcg would demand more effort into the drawing than what I did here tbh xP

I'm curious, what were the first parts you decided to draw for my prize?

Mmm... first thing I did was the room's perspective, as well as the floor's grid. Tons of mathematics and geometry calcs involved, lol. I had to tape some small pieces of paper on the bottom to make some additional guidelines. Then I made the curtain and the bases in which people is supposed to leave their clothing, then the clothing I debated long about making hooks for the clothes, maybe IRL that's better as it won't cause your clothes to get wrinkly, but I felt that was the easy way out, as even those bases are in perspective. Theeen... I think it was the chandelier, then the mirror, and part of the carpet.  By the way, in here I stopped the development for days as, for some unknown reason, the carpet I was basing mine from was deleted, and it took me centuries to find it again with the exact combination of words in the google search xP. Despite knowing I should have it finished before adding the character, I left it unfinished and drew Alina in a separate sheet. Once she was more or less finished, I copied her to the main drawing using my almighty technique of placing a glass on a couple of books, placing the second drawing underneath and using the phone's light below xD. Then I added the shoes, the stool, added some details to the dress and carpet, and proceeded to colour. Funnily enough, the carpet was not finished, as the main big rose in the middle was added almost at the end, while most of the rest of the carpet was colored. I think that's pretty much it xP.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys, it's been a while since the Club had activity, that can't be!

So, today I start what I hope will be a series of about 5-6 drawings. Anybody with the slightest knowledge of the Mother/Earthbound series will recognize this character as a member of the Starman Race. Why the heck did I decide to draw this? Well, it's been two or three years since I completed the series (3 games) and completely fell in love with it. What's interesting is that, unfortunately (or perhaps, fortunately), Mother 3's ending is open to interpretation. The devs allow you to decide what ended up happening to the world and the characters. Since then, some stuff have taken shape in this bizarre mind of mine xD. So yeah, my drawings will be based on what it'd be a hypothetical Mother 4.

Zheon01.thumb.png.a695e99eae998037ebaa1c1e8fd689fd.png

Zheon, the Rebel Starman

I'll start by giving some background about Mother and who the hell are the Starmen, for those who don't know. Heck, I dunno who'll read this, but oh well xD. Just let me mention in advance that there are a ton of things in the story that aren't explained in the game, so that kind of gaps, I'll fill with what I believe it's likely to be the truth.

Mother 1 starts with the abduction of a young couple, George and Maria, by an alien race (not the Starmen, possibly). Reason? Nobody knows, but you know the deal, perform experiments on our race, stuffing weird instruments up your... nose, etc. But it would seem they had a life of relative freedom (or at least as much freedom as you can get while being abducted in an interstellar ship) because the couple was given a baby from the alien race to raise, as it he were their own child. This baby's name was Giygas, aka Giegue, the main antagonist of Mother 1 and 2. They loved the child, and the child loved them... and specially, the love between Maria and Giygas became deep. But George was interested in PSI, the alien race's strange power. Being the journalist he was, George studied PSI in secrecy until he was caught red handed, and was forced to flee to Earth, never to see Maria again. As the alien race's concern of PSI spreading in Earth grew, they decided to entrust Giygas with the retrieving of PSI. He was distraught by this request, due to the bond he had developed with his parents, and specially because of Maria, but accepted grudgingly. 80 years later (yep, heck if I know why it took so long), strange phenomena starts occurring on earth, people starts behaving violently, animals get wild, machines appear, etc. Ninten, George's great-grandson, is tasked by his father to investigate the  happenings around Podunk, his hometown, and thus his journey starts. And well, all this explanation was kinda unnecessary, but I wanted to write it anyways xD. Who are the Starmen? They seem to be in league with Giygas' race. They act as their Elite forces, if you will, they're often dangerous enemies to encounter, and sometimes serve as bosses. They all can use powerful PSI. What are they? It's hard to tell, as there are contradicting stuff about them. For instance, there's another robot in the game called Atomic Power Robot, which according to the gamer's guide, is "an early prototype of Starmen". This would definitely suggest Starmen are robots, and this is supported by the fact they're given robotic whirrs and clank sounds when they speak, or in the original version, they speak in katakana, which is normally used when robots speak. BUT, on the other hand, we got that they're affected by PK Beam, which is useless against mechanical foes. It is NOT affected by the Item Rust Promoter, which only damages mechanical being. Finally, there's an enemy called "Ghost of Starman", but if they're robots, how they can have ghosts? So, in the end, I decided to believe they're organic beings with suits or something xD.

Zheon's Story

This story takes places in an indeterminate amount of years after the ending of Mother 3. Having the Starmen been beaten twice by Humans, they do not underestimate them anymore, and instead, see Humans as the key to victory. Zheon is the head of a project whose purpose is to create genetic engineered Humans powered by drastic levels of PSI.What do they intend to do with this? Well, they don't seek the same as before (retrieving PSI from Earth)... their new goal, I won't disclose yet.

At the start of this hypothetical game/tale, Zheon is seen in a room full of advanced machinery, accompanied by fellow Starmen, watching a girl inside a complex device. They're carrying out tests on her. At some point they finish, and another Starman, Zheon's direct superior and second in command of the entire fleet, orders the "specimen to be discarded", as it has been deemed a failure. Zheon insists, as in previous tests, that there are strange "anomalies" in the results that should be further studied, but his superior is impatient and orders him to eliminate the girl. Zheon reluctantly complies. As he's taking the girl towards the "Eradicating Room", as they call it, the girl finally manages to shake off Zheon's PSI that's keeping her asleep. Because yeah, so far, Zheon has been using PSI on her, and in truth, the game starts from the girl's perspective, who doesn't understand why her master insists in keeping her sleepy. This girl is called Stella, and she's the Main Character from the story. What did you think? Zheon was keeping her asleep so she cannot fight back? No, it's because he knew from before she'd be deemed a failure in the scheduled upcoming test, and didn't want her to feel fear. Zheon was not unlike other Starmen, cold and seemingly devoid of feelings... but this little girl caught his attention. First it was because her test anomalies interested him, but as he spent time with the girl to understand what was behind it, he grew attached to her, like a little daughter. Zheon never realized this, until the day the test was going to happen, and he felt something... dread, because he knew what was to come. Maybe by keeping her asleep, he was protecting himself as well? Anyway, he enters the Eradicating Room, with the girl, again put to sleep, floating behind him. A single other Starmen is inside the room as well, ready to operate that... seemingly harmless bed. When Stella is laid on the bed, yet again, she manages to shake off the PSI and tells Zheon she wanted to "see the flowers with him again just one more time". Before the other Starmen knew what hit it, it was dead on the floor. Alarms activate. Zheon is just standing there, without knowing what happened. Some guards quickly reach the room. He reacts and repels them. He shakes off his initial stupor. He knows what to do. And so, you, the player, take control of him and fight your way through a horde or fellow Starmen and other nasty robots, with Stella always floating behind you and getting her head bonk against every wall xD. They finally reach the ship's hangar. Waiting for them is Zheon's superior. They engage in a gruelling battle which Zheon manages to win by a sliver. Wounded, he places Stella inside a shuttle and activates the controls... but he couldn't finish. Suddenly, an overwhelming force crushes him against the floor. He doesn't know who is it, but its presence feels familiar. Whatever entity is attacking him, it feels colossal... so absolute and cruel... he can't fight back. The entity jeers at him, promising a future worse than death for him and the girl. Zheon's body is crushed horribly... until it is no more. Yeah, yeah, here comes the convenient deus ex machina xD. Stella manages to repel the entity. How? No one can understand, her powers were tiny before. Is it... the anomaly? The Entity fades, for now. But Zheon can barely move. Stella is desperate to save him, but it's too late. As she won't listen to him, Zheon violently pushes her back into the shuttle with the remaining of his PSI, and finishes the sequence. Stella can't reach him anymore, and the shuttle takes off. Last thing she sees, is Zheon's deformed figure on the cold metallic floor. Will this be the last time she sees him?

In Battle

Zheon starts the game as a powerful character, possibly Lv 40 or so. He has a wide variety of both offensive and supportive PSi and extremely high PP. As this is the opening scene, he can take on enemies with relative ease, using his wide arsenal of attacks. He has a special command called "Re-Assemble", which has a good chance of destroying a robotic target and convert it into a weapon he can use during that battle.

Well, this is it for now, if you read it all, congratz  and thanks n.n. Let me say, this story so far sounds kinda dark, I guess, and Mother games in certain aspects are pretty twisted, but they also have their amazing humour and nonsensical stuff... I'd try to convey this inside the game, but that would be pretty hard, I think, Shigesato Itoi is a goddamn genius.

P.D. I dunno about the thingies I added in the feet, I might remove them if they don't look good. The cape was just a kinda ridiculous idea I had, no Starman use them, even the likes of Starman Deluxe, high ranked individuals. I just wanted to give it that feeling of importance, as he's the head of the project, and it is a striped cape, because.. it HAD to be striped. I also debated if I'd change the super classic arms on waist pose of the Starmen, in favour of having him hold a translucent device of sorts with some symbols, but ended up deciding against it, the intimidating stance is just too good xD.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

This I did not get to finish during its proper day but will most likely get around to color it in the afternoon (depending on the state I come back in xD )
pNMa0fn.jpg

Reminds me of the typical anime egg hunting scene 😂😂😂

• 2 weeks later...

StellaFGreenEyes.thumb.png.59abcf635887a6e6aee6d0564bdc1bd3.png

Stella

The girl that came from the Stars

Second in line in the Mother drawing series comes the main character of the story/hypothetical game, Stella. She's one of the members of the latest product line of PSI enhanced Humans the Starmen are creating for unknown purposes. Labelled as FEHS -ε 08 by her creators, Stella is functionally a human being with enhanced strength, about the double of what would be considered typical (which is not thaaat much considering she's a little child) and, initially, weak PSI powers. Beyond that, she's  normal. A girl possessing a strange, but charming mixture of shyness and coquette "tactics", she goes around carrying her innocent smile, and though she is timid to talk to strangers and might hide behind something when encountering someone, her head will pop up and she'll wink at you, and a star will fly out her eye with a bling xD. She doesn't talk much, but is very easy to befriend once you gain her trust. The kind of girl that approaches a group of playing children silently, but won't ask to be allowed into the game, she'll just stare with eyes shining until she's invited, to which she leaps overjoyed. Despite the shyness, she's pretty bold and brave, and even though she gets scared of the tests run on her by the Starmen, she faces them valiantly. Same for stuff she's curious of. Even if a place seems dangerous, she'll hesitate a little, then jump into action!

Yeah, I know nobody read what I wrote  about Zheon, but let's say someone did xD. As you remember, at the start of the game, she's struggling to shake off the sleep-inducing PSI Zheon is using on her so she remains unconscious and doesn't have to face the fear of elimination. Stella is not dumb, and given her repeated failures to develop the expected PSI, she knew this was bound to happen. Other weak kids like her have been taken before, never to be seen again. The Starmen didn't came up with a fake story about the missing children. They decided that fear was a good incentive to potentiate the children's PSI, as fear is usually a powerful feeling found in humans. Other than that, the Starmen's robot attendees treated the children rather well, and most of them were perfectly healthy, with Stella being no exception. Children are more than capable of cruelty, so it could be thinkable Stella or other weak kids were picked on by the promising ones, but this wasn't the case, save a few exceptions. The bio-engineered kids were smart beings, and perfectly aware of the situation they were in, they supported each other to the end. From an outsider, I believe that'd be pretty touching to see.

So, Stella, sleepy, struggles with all her might against Zheon's PSI. She wants to tell him it's ok, that making her fall asleep forcefully is more scary. She loves Zheon in a similar fashion to a father. He talks even less than her, and is normally cold and distant, but he can't dissimulate. He does special things for her, like somehow rearranging the toys to be delivered to each kid so she gets what she wants, but more importantly, he takes her to the artificial flower field in the right wing of the ship... Stella's favourite place. She can't stand the idea of not going there again with Zheon, and manages to break the PSI and tells this to him. After that, everything goes black... until the Entity makes Zheon scream. Stella unlocks part of her own PSI and confronts the Entity in an entirely psychical plane, or at least one facet of it. She doesn't care that the Entity is incomprehensibly colossal and mighty, she just wants to stop it, and miraculously manages, using to the last grain of power and will in her. Unbeknownst to her, a link was created that day, and that would burden her greatly in the future. Exhausted by the confrontation,  Stella can't stop a dying Zheon from placing her in the shuttle and activating the controls. She shouts Zheon's name as the shuttle takes off. Desperate, she stupidly smashes the controls, trying with her random attempts to make the shuttle go back, all of this, of course, to no avail. As time passes, she falls asleep, with tears in her eyes. Much later, when she woke up, an incredibly beautiful blue planet is on sight. She stares, mesmerized. Stella can't accept what just happened, but she's not a stupid, dramatic girl that will fall into negation. With grief in her heart, she watches as Earth approaches more and more. And then... a beep! Systems malfunctioning... the shuttle won't respond, and already caught by Earth's gravity, is falling without control!

In Battle

Stella is unlike the other Mother protagonists, (Ninten, Ness or Lucas) or the main girl companion (Ana or Paula). I'd say the closest to her is Kumatora from Mother 3. She's a pretty offensive character, without the sheer physical prowess of the boys, but fairly good ATK, and a wide array of offensive PSI, as well as some supportive ones. I said at the start she has enhanced physical strength, I know. in truth, in a real scenario she'd be physically stronger than the boys, but I couldn't give her all the good stats. She's also faster than the boys, but nos as fast as Paula, and her HP, again, is in the middle between the typical expected from boys and girls. She has a special command called [Charm] , which gives her some options depending on the enemy, and if she successfully executes it, the foe is befriended and helps you for a couple of battles. 

P.D. The first plan was to colour her trying to copy the clay models of other Mother characters, but in the end I started colouring as I normally do and this was the result. I guess it's a mixture of my style with Mother's. Striped blouse, of course. And well, originally she had purple eyes, but almost at the end I changed them for green. Here's the other version. If you like it more, let me know... well, probably nobody will read up to here or care about that, so just saying xD.

StellaF.thumb.png.8cd649756c76b12da799a2dfd68dd8e7.png

• Like 2

To your surprise, I actually read it all xD
I noticed the highlighted "sleepy", and think by the time you are describing her "in battle" it felt like a full on Wikia entry pfff...
I don't quite get the context of it being a hypothetical game. So the story is official just never got turned into a game? She seems to have defined stats compared to Lucas or Ness (not being familiar with the franchise, it is my first time hearing the name Ninten).... are those speculative?

So the other character you drew dies while they are all in a spaceship heading to Earth, unconscious in special chambers that shield them from the passage of time I presume? Kinda reminded me of Thundercats where they get to Earth in that way but the MC's chamber malfunctions so he ends up aging into adulthood while unconscious but in reality being the youngest of the group (younger than the two kid-looking characters of the crew even).

The drawing I mentioned over in Discord that I think you are maintaining great quality with that shading of yours xP 
Always with super patient fancy pencil work, and you seem to be getting faster at it = )

The eyes I can't find a preference. One version combines with her hair and the other with her clothes. She reminded me of a Pokemon character called Burgundy. Here's an image of her from Google:
DJEJyZb.png

Edited by Sleepy
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sleepy said:

To your surprise, I actually read it all xD
I noticed the highlighted "sleepy", and think by the time you are describing her "in battle" it felt like a full on Wikia entry pfff...
I don't quite get the context of it being a hypothetical game. So the story is official just never got turned into a game? She seems to have defined stats compared to Lucas or Ness (not being familiar with the franchise, it is my first time hearing the name Ninten).... are those speculative?

First of all, thanks a bunch for reading all of that blabbering n.n

No, no, none of this exists outside of my mind and, now, smeared shamelessly on LCC xD. I'm just basing myself on the Mother franchise. Like I mentioned earlier in Zheon's post, Mother 3's ending is open to interpretation. I... can't give details because it'd include nasty spoilers, but let's just say this story takes places in an undetermined, but hefty amount of years after Mother 3, in a completely remade society. The Starmen, who's origin and motives haven't been explained in detail so far AFAIK, but supposedly are top-ranked minions (perhaps created by as well) of the Alien race of Giygas '(Mother 1-2 main antagonist), aren't in league with them anymore, and developed the PSI-enhanced human project to achieve ??? In short, yes, the game stuff I mention is just speculative, the kind of Stats and Abilities I'd give the characters if I made a game.

So the other character you drew dies while they are all in a spaceship heading to Earth, unconscious in special chambers that shield them from the passage of time I presume? Kinda reminded me of Thundercats where they get to Earth in that way but the MC's chamber malfunctions so he ends up aging into adulthood while unconscious but in reality being the youngest of the group (younger than the two kid-looking characters of the crew even).

About Zheon, well, last thing you see him he's in the floor with the body all crushed horribly, so it's plausible he dies. They're not heading to Earth just yet, but aren't that far from our planet, and conduct their research and experiments in their ships with tech that prevents them from being detected. No shield involved, BUT you were close to something. I dunno if you noticed, but Stella was labelled as FEHS -ε 08 (Female Enhanced Human Specimen - Epsilon 08) She's part of the fifth series. Kinda spoilery, but eh: Series Alfa and Beta were failures, but Gamma had the first "usable specimen". Once they're trained to their top potential, the specimen is put into cryostasis chamber. The Starmen have been doing this for decades, if not centuries. Heck, this is twisted xD. Oh, and btw, Ninten is Mother 1's Protagonist, Ness is pretty much a clone of him in appearance and abilities.

a58631afc91a195c25f6746bb771d8da.jpg

Now that I'm seeing Ness holding his trademark bat, I forgot to mention Stella uses a super sturdy racket to fight. Not even Nick Kyrios or Serena Williams could break that thing in one of their tantrums xD

Holy moly, dat Burgundy's hair LOL. But Stella is pure cuteness, this poke girl seems to have an annoying personality, hehe.

The drawing I mentioned over in Discord that I think you are maintaining great quality with that shading of yours xP 
Always with super patient fancy pencil work, and you seem to be getting faster at it = )

Thanks n.n. I liked how the hair turned up. It took me many days to decide the color of the rest, tho. But I have to say I'm not satisfied. I'm just an incompetent for poses, it takes my a long amount of time to make the drawing, and I have to recur to the easy frontal pose to survive. I wish I could find a super detailed tutorial with tons of examples on how to draw poses, from the skeleton and geometrical figures to the muscular parts (but at least the first two)