Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

On 4/20/2021 at 6:11 AM, Sleepy said:

To your surprise, I actually read it all xD
I noticed the highlighted "sleepy", and think by the time you are describing her "in battle" it felt like a full on Wikia entry pfff...
I don't quite get the context of it being a hypothetical game. So the story is official just never got turned into a game? She seems to have defined stats compared to Lucas or Ness (not being familiar with the franchise, it is my first time hearing the name Ninten).... are those speculative?

So the other character you drew dies while they are all in a spaceship heading to Earth, unconscious in special chambers that shield them from the passage of time I presume? Kinda reminded me of Thundercats where they get to Earth in that way but the MC's chamber malfunctions so he ends up aging into adulthood while unconscious but in reality being the youngest of the group (younger than the two kid-looking characters of the crew even).

The drawing I mentioned over in Discord that I think you are maintaining great quality with that shading of yours xP 
Always with super patient fancy pencil work, and you seem to be getting faster at it = )

The eyes I can't find a preference. One version combines with her hair and the other with her clothes. She reminded me of a Pokemon character called Burgundy. Here's an image of her from Google:
DJEJyZb.png

I see you too have been watching plenty of BestGreenBoi's videos!

Anywho:

image.png.e369a0fbbfc8d74a4566ed5c27c44f46.png

Here's some stuff I've drawn over time, but I haven't taken the time to share on this site.

image.png.9f5f14e4bf57519250e00a5101d4e9b0.png

jviJ1Gl.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a bunch of sketches I've made within the last week or two....
First, some random try related to Mexican "Loteria". 
D3JndoD.jpg

Then some potential future card art, even if they are currently kinda rough:
5Ec1mgb.jpg

A bit of fanart of Guardian Eatos:
NNX92RR.jpg

And finally, here's one of my characters at the beach. That is a surfing board.
HRlYKwO.jpg

Not really all I've been up to but still wish I had gotten around to inking and coloring at least one by now xD

• Like 5

Been hiding for ages as this club were founded back then, thank you for Sleepy as the founder here, urge to post/regularly reply, guess i don't need to hide anymore . . .

Short story of myself, i study for design and visual major, so i love to draw, but hate to color it (more like, i really sucks at coloring lmao, having deuteranomaly been holding me back with colors and my college study)

Also note, all images were a shot from my phone, might try to post something new by scanning them when i have the time

fOTYNBW.jpg

Idk, a man with a sword, sitting on a throne, based from a certain game character

3PPpgrE.jpg

Original chararcter for the comic strip homework, a javanese-dutch girl, born with a cursed-eye, called tindihan in javanese (sleep paralysis, and always related to astral world/spirit/ghostly connections in javanese culture). Behind her is the ghost that is the source power of her cursed-eye, entity called pocong, example of pocong is here, i warn you, scary image ahead 😉

KHMNFvc.jpg

When you are bored, you gotta do something, there you go, just me trying realism art, kinda works i guess?

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Gym Leader Viola said:

Been hiding for ages as this club were founded back then, thank you for Sleepy as the founder here, urge to post/regularly reply, guess i don't need to hide anymore . . .

Short story of myself, i study for design and visual major, so i love to draw, but hate to color it (more like, i really sucks at coloring lmao, having deuteranomaly been holding me back with colors and my college study)

Also note, all images were a shot from my phone, might try to post something new by scanning them when i have the time

Hide contents

fOTYNBW.jpg

Idk, a man with a sword, sitting on a throne, based from a certain game character

3PPpgrE.jpg

Original chararcter for the comic strip homework, a javanese-dutch girl, born with a cursed-eye, called tindihan in javanese (sleep paralysis, and always related to astral world/spirit/ghostly connections in javanese culture). Behind her is the ghost that is the source power of her cursed-eye, entity called pocong, example of pocong is here, i warn you, scary image ahead 😉

KHMNFvc.jpg

When you are bored, you gotta do something, there you go, just me trying realism art, kinda works i guess?

Welcome to the club~
These are so cool. the first one gives me a vibe of Final Fantasy, and the second one I very much dig the aesthetic of, and the details like the braid in her haircut.

Realistic Drawing always becomes a bit of an "uncanny valley" until one day it doesn't. Just look at my awfully drawn request of "Maria la del Barrio" (a character from an old Mexican Telenovela)
H8OPMFR.jpg

Though just 1 single attempt at realism later I can say it is at least better than the previous one xD
2IV6tK0.jpg

• Like 4

On 5/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, Gym Leader Viola said:

Reveal hidden contents

fOTYNBW.jpg

3PPpgrE.jpg

KHMNFvc.jpg

These drawings are beautiful. From the first one, I got Castlevania vibes, and a similar case with the second, though I felt it closer to the art of games like Drakengard or Nier. You have a real talent here, I truly hope to see you post more of your works in the future. It's truly unfortunate that you have Deuteranomaly given your passion, but it's cool to see you're working in your forte, I have seen black and white artworks that are just phenomenal, I know you can get there n.n

• Like 2

Guess I'll post this over here as well xD

869541664_animalelements(1).thumb.png.6c2f3bff9bbc28d479ad436b076287f7.png

Water - Little Aqua Elephant hunting for food in Apple Lake (best place)

Fire - Demon Frog can't take any more heat at the Volcano (Fan powered by an off-screen Electric-Lava Eel)

Wind - Flying Alpaca selling a ballon to passing birds (1 buck, each)

Earth - Gem-Giraffe mining for the riches (don't ask me how such a tall animal manages)

Edited by Rayfield Lumina
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Happy Birthday, @Rayfield Lumina!

Hide contents

qWbeNrs.png

h7darej.png

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH! A surpriseeee, I didn't even remember the request of Melody! How nice, it's really cool you remembered. Look at those difficult poses! She looks so cute and innocent in the first pic, but dangerous in the second, despite the smile! It's amazing you made 2 drawings, and even accompanied by a Bleach theme xD. Thanks a bunch Nyx, I'll download 'em right away!

1 minute ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH! A surpriseeee, I didn't even remember the request of Melody! How nice, it's really cool you remembered. Look at those difficult poses! She looks so cute and innocent in the first pic, but dangerous in the second, despite the smile! It's amazing you made 2 drawings, and even accompanied by a Bleach theme xD. Thanks a bunch Nyx, I'll download 'em right away!

I'm glad you like it!

And yep! I made two to make up for that one birthday drawing I offered to make many months ago, but never got around making.

And now you know what colors she has!

:7596_key:

Just now, The Nyx Avatar said:

I'm glad you like it!

And yep! I made two to make up for that one birthday drawing I offered to make many months ago, but never got around making.

And now you know what colors she has!

That's very considerate of you n.n.
And yeah, I always imagined her hair was a light green or blue, same for the eyes, so I guess I got the eyes at least :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Horu.

I'm now gonna post an unrelated sketch. The above one of Azalee is in a sketchbook I use at home when I can work on something with materials and more time. The one I'm gonna drop in this post is in s sketchbook I carry in my bag for the rare occasion I might be able to doodle something during lunch break at work.

Still hopefully in progress. Patsy/Rainboots/my OC that I currently have as my avatar.

P8WxqWm.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Thanks Horu.

I'm now gonna post an unrelated sketch. The above one of Azalee is in a sketchbook I use at home when I can work on something with materials and more time. The one I'm gonna drop in this post is in s sketchbook I carry in my bag for the rare occasion I might be able to doodle something during lunch break at work.

Still hopefully in progress. Patsy/Rainboots/my OC that I currently have as my avatar.

P8WxqWm.jpg

Looks nice

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

@Sleepy, this Furret is worried about your health, so it's offering you a flower in the hope it makes you feel a bit better 🌹

228438952_aFurretforSleepy.thumb.png.d34ce55fa3411d68253f48d14b038425.png

You already read my thoughts on discord, but over here? Something this sweet cannot be left with a silent like. I love how the drawing turned out. Ever since I posted that status I've steadily gotten better and back to normal n-n

6 hours ago, Sleepy said:

You already read my thoughts on discord, but over here? Something this sweet cannot be left with a silent like. I love how the drawing turned out. Ever since I posted that status I've steadily gotten better and back to normal n-n

Knowing that you're all well and recovered relieved me a lot n.n

Here's a sketch I did last night (or this morning depending on how you look at it xD )
These are the main witches of each generation of my project's MC's family (MC herself not included in the image). Except I drew them all with the same age from one another. From oldest to youngest (left to right) they are Wini, Vivi, Eunice, Shelly, and Mindel.

IYk2Jrg.jpg

• Like 3