Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhh, I'm seeing a new original character here, that's always a welcome sight.I love all the nice details: the cute gloves, the xmas balls/spheres (now that I think about it, I don't know how they're called in english), the coloured lights, the dress that resembles the actual tree, the thin scarf with tiny white trees on it, and the funny star that seems to be capable of creating fireworks by itself xD. She's quite pretty, with a more mature feeling than other characters n.n

13 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Ohhh, I'm seeing a new original character here, that's always a welcome sight.I love all the nice details: the cute gloves, the xmas balls/spheres (now that I think about it, I don't know how they're called in english), the coloured lights, the dress that resembles the actual tree, the thin scarf with tiny white trees on it, and the funny star that seems to be capable of creating fireworks by itself xD. She's quite pretty, with a more mature feeling than other characters n.n

Thanks xP I wouldn't say she's a new character, as she is card art rather than part of my projects' cast.
I intended to make her an embodiment of a Christmas Tree n.n

2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Here's another drawing from yesterday:
E6oSHri.jpg

To complement what I told you earlier... where is she? The world of the dead, I imagine, another plane of existence. The silvery things around her are spirits, maybe? And those drop seem like rain, but they're too few and big to be simple rindrops, so maybe it's something else? I'm curious.

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

To complement what I told you earlier... where is she? The world of the dead, I imagine, another plane of existence. The silvery things around her are spirits, maybe? And those drop seem like rain, but they're too few and big to be simple rindrops, so maybe it's something else? I'm curious.

I'd like to say it's just snow... but truth be told I improvised the background without thinking a ton about it xD
The green marker started drying up so it made for a cool mist effect by pure accident xP

14 hours ago, Sleepy said:

I'd like to say it's just snow... but truth be told I improvised the background without thinking a ton about it xD
The green marker started drying up so it made for a cool mist effect by pure accident xP

Me: Oh, cool, look at that amazing background, it's no doubt a superb, abstract...

Sleepy: It was an accident, I ran out of green, lulz

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sleepy, it's time you start training on your drawing technique. It's been years but it seems like you haven't improved a bit. If you want to improve you gotta work on it. If you don't want to improve then nvm this post. No hate btw, I say that for your own good. Hope everyone is doing well here btw

6 hours ago, Ire said:

Sleepy, it's time you start training on your drawing technique. It's been years but it seems like you haven't improved a bit. If you want to improve you gotta work on it. If you don't want to improve then nvm this post. No hate btw, I say that for your own good. Hope everyone is doing well here btw

Sleepy is a humble person, and I'm pretty sure she'll come and say you're right, that during the vacations that just ended she barely returned to the level she had before. Having said that, the post I'm quoting is utter bullsh*t. You come out of nowhere, criticizing Sleepy's art like you were some kind of f*cking master artist, without even giving pointers on how to improve or reasons of why your statement is the truth, just a biased judgement of, "Eh, you haven't improved sh*t, better start working on it, don't mind me if you want to stay as trash forever, also, hope everyone's ok". What the hell is that? At the very least post a drawing, since this is a club for that, not a place to insult people with the pretext that it's for the person's good.

Edited by Rayfield Lumina

13 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Sleepy is a humble person, and I'm pretty sure she'll come and say you're right, that during the vacations that just ended she barely returned to the level she had before. Having said that, the post I'm quoting is utter bullsh*t. You come out of nowhere, criticizing Sleepy's art like you were some kind of f*cking master artist, without even giving pointers on how to improve or reasons of why your statement is the truth, just a biased judgement of, "Eh, you haven't improved sh*t, better start working on it, don't mind me if you want to stay as trash forever, also, hope everyone's ok". What the hell is that? At the very least post a drawing, since this is a club for that, not a place to insult people with the pretext that it's for the person's good.

Don't get me wrong.

Sleepy is a wonderful person from what I know (which is not much).

I'm not a master artist whatsoever. Since you're curious I must have posted some shit here while ago if you look closely, but since the host I used closed, I'm not sure it's still visible.  

I think everyone into drawing more or less know how to improve : learn what to use and how, draw often (everyday), copy art you like, learn anatomy, lighting, composition, draw nature, draw objects... 

However this can seem pretty annoying, and you need motivation. By saying the hard truth, I just want Sleepy to go for it. If you see the 1st page, you will see a superb elephant sketch. It shows so much potential that it would be sad not to try to improve. 

I realize my words were harsh, that is why I am clarifying what I intended/meant here.

Of course, there are people who just like to draw and who don't feel the need to improve, and it's perfectly fine. That is why I added the 'nvm' part. 

Finally, this time I post my awesome art :

67380500_Projet-Drawing11539050770.thumb.png.fd329f56231c3df9b44c22d13ee6c51c.png

5 hours ago, Ire said:

Sleepy is a wonderful person from what I know

Yes, she is (though a little moody xD)

5 hours ago, Ire said:

Since you're curious

I'm not curious. The whole point of why I was so belligerent towards you was because the way you posted was completely out of place. Sure, people have a general idea of how to improve, but you came here with an arbitrary opinion that didn't specify anything, rather than comparing her previous drawings to the current ones and mentioning why she supposedly has not improved, so she can work in such specifics... that'd be helpful. And then we have the "nvm" section. You shouldn't come and say "Listen to me and Improve; don't, and stay screwed". That's arrogant. If you want to support her, not this nor hypocrisy of saying "you're doing perfect" will do, or course. You mention in your reply that such part was intended in case of her aspirations are casual, but as it stands, you're saying "get to work or stay in mediocrity" See now what I'm talking about? It's not about if you were right or wrong, which is a matter of individual perspective, but the fact that the exact choosing of your words and methods weren't helpful or encouraging, they were closer to an insult, so I hope you're more careful in the future.

And here's an arbitrary comment of my own: I like Sleepy's art very much, but she can work in improving steady linework and avoiding going beyond the line during colouring.

Have been trying to post something here for a few days now but either the spoiler format is obsolete and giving me an error, or I overloaded my post, Though I feel like I can't just lurk when the stuff being talked about is, well, me....

Testing spoilers now. If this works expect some good old fashioned double/triple/+ posting from me xD

EDIT: So result is, seems to work but it randomly adds/removes brakets of my written code as it pleases, and once the spoiler is made at the end of my comment, I can't seem to write anything under it...

Test Spoiler

OiHyRqo.jpg

Edited by Sleepy
  • Like 2

Tsareena - Roserade

Family Portrait

449012351_GrassFamilyL5.thumb.jpg.0ab1f3ad1bfac48cf647496995a2b018.jpg

👑 Legina - Not unlike other Tsareenas, Legina is a proud and somewhat haughty Pokemon. After she married Ambrose, though, she developed a surprisingly mellow side, specially when it comes to care for her daughters. Despite this, you'd better be wary of offending her somehow. Out of all the members in the family, she's the one who likes to fight the most and when you combine this fact with her refined skills and relentless rage... well, it suffice to say you'll pay dearly. Her best friend is a neighbour Lilligant called Suzanne.

🌹Ambrose - A.K.A. Verdant, the Hero. Imbued with a strong sense of justice, Ambrose patrols through the forest, helping wild Pokemon in any way he can, and specially defending his peers against trainers attacking them. He's carefree and bold, and exasperates Legina easily. Persistent would be another trait of his, because he started chasing after her since they were a Budew and a Bounsweet respectively, and never gave up despite the girl's disdainful rejecting. He loves to play with his daughters during his free time.

🍎Apple - Named as such due to the funny apple-shaped spot in her head, which didn't change even when she evolved. In contrast to other Steenees, who like to dance and twirl around joyfully, Apple is rather shy and introspective. Probably the most centred member of the family, she diligently gathers food and helps to prepare the meals, and is always keeping an eye on her beloved, playful little sister. She seems rather useless for fighting, as she gets way too nervous and scared, but her mother has confidence in her, as Apple has demonstrated genius level strategy at times. Probably this is the reason why she managed to evolve, despite being relatively weak. She's currently learning to read Human Language, but nobody knows how she managed such a feat.

🌸 Sherry - The younger sister, this Bounsweet is tiny even for her species. She doesn't let this fact get to her. She's incredibly happy and there's no day you can't see her bouncing up and down in the house and causing an uproar. Rather stubborn and reckless as well, she likes to challenge much stronger Pokemon to battle, and is normally rescued by Apple (they run away for dear life) or Legina (whoever wanted to hurt Sherry ends up fainted on the floor). Ambrose berates her after returning home, but he can't help feeling proud of his hot-headed little child.

Edited by Rayfield Lumina
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

Might as well post my drawing here as well~

Toon Hungry Burger.png

Yaaaay! You don't know how happy I am to see you posting in Le Crayon Corner! I hope this is the beginning of a lot of posts, eh?

About the pic: It's a little strange that the bottom bread doesn't have the black outline like the rest of the image. You could try making the dots in the bread representing the sesame in a more oval shape. Overall, it looks aggressive and insane enough to be a proud representative of da Hungry Burger. I won't ask if those red drops are ketchup or blood xD. Likely, it's "up to interpretation".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd never liked drawing with anything other than pens as a kid.  Never liked the look of crayon on the page, and I hate the sound of pencil scratching.  The tendency kinda forced me to learn how to cover up my mistakes pretty effectively, but I never really learned how to actually use color/shading all that well. 

I'm hoping that by drawing on the computer, it will shake me out of certain habits and that I'll eventually improve with shading and colors.

I have a new story that I'm writing, and I feel like it will work very well as a webcomic.  I don't expect my drawing will end up being overly good by webcomic standards, but I want it to at least be serviceable.  At the very least, it will be my own.

4 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Yaaaay! You don't know how happy I am to see you posting in Le Crayon Corner! I hope this is the beginning of a lot of posts, eh?

About the pic: It's a little strange that the bottom bread doesn't have the black outline like the rest of the image. You could try making the dots in the bread representing the sesame in a more oval shape. Overall, it looks aggressive and insane enough to be a proud representative of da Hungry Burger. I won't ask if those red drops are ketchup or blood xD. Likely, it's "up to interpretation".

Thanks!

I actually forgot that I removed the bottom outline of the bread!  I accidently removed it pretty early on and I decided I'd just remove it from the top as well, but I worked my way bottom-up and forgot that intention by the time I reached the top xD

As for the seeds, yeah I kinda wanted them to be a bit more elongated, but the pad and stylus I'm using has an annoying quirk that makes small strokes extremely difficult.  I'm going to try to find a way to disable it, but it may just end up being something that I can't remove.