Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

On 9/13/2020 at 2:17 PM, Horu Ishayuki said:

This is actually very good and well thought out.

Great job, Ray.

I sincerely thank you. Words like this motivate me to keep drawing n.n

---

And talking about drawings, I just made a new one. I know that I'm leagues away from Sleepy, but I did my best. I also never, ever draw animals. I suppose I did when I was very little, but in general I have 0 practice, so I had a hard time drawing the legs. I tried to base myself on something I found on the web and said, screw it, this looks decent. xD. I need a lot of practice with animals, but this is a a start n.n

444409852_RayAngrySheep.thumb.jpg.8a501e2c617a9575dc5c3e6b5bbcbaa8.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I sincerely thank you. Words like this motivate me to keep drawing n.n

---

And talking about drawings, I just made a new one. I know that I'm leagues away from Sleepy, but I did my best. I also never, ever draw animals. I suppose I did when I was very little, but in general I have 0 practice, so I had a hard time drawing the legs. I tried to base myself on something I found on the web and said, screw it, this looks decent. xD. I need a lot of practice with animals, but this is a a start n.n

444409852_RayAngrySheep.thumb.jpg.8a501e2c617a9575dc5c3e6b5bbcbaa8.jpg

Good effort.

A few critiques to help out. Drawing animals is no different than drawing people. 

But a neat rule with sheep is more wool means less work. Your structure is actually good.

What I'm pointing out the forward bend on sheep's back legs is actually its ankle (many think it is the knee) and the backward bend of those same legs at the bottom of the body is actually the knee. Opposite applies to the front legs. I actually learned structure while being bored out of my mind watching my late grandpa's chickens peck the dirt. Odd way to learn anatomy but it kinda dawned on me that everything on earth has the same basic structure.

9 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

But a neat rule with sheep is more wool means less work. Your structure is actually good.

hahaha, hell yeah, puffy sheep strategy rules!

9 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

What I'm pointing out the forward bend on sheep's back legs is actually its ankle (many think it is the knee) and the backward bend of those same legs at the bottom of the body is actually the knee. Opposite applies to the front legs. I actually learned structure while being bored out of my mind watching my late grandpa's chickens peck the dirt. Odd way to learn anatomy but it kinda dawned on me that everything on earth has the same basic structure.

I take your word. It was a challenge. Here's one of the pics I analyzed while trying to reproduce:

614961.jpg?614

I noticed that when the quadruped is walking, they draw the front leg in a certain angle and draw the hind leg with approximately the opposite, due to the mechanics in which the animal moves. I still dunno, maybe I should've drawn the  front leg in the other side closer to the first >_<. It's still mysterious stuff xD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

hahaha, hell yeah!

I take your word. It was a challenge. Here's one of the pics I analyzed while trying to reproduce:

614961.jpg?614

I noticed that when the quadruped is walking, they draw the front leg in a certain angle and draw the hind leg with approximately the opposite, due to the mechanics in which the animal moves. I still dunno, maybe I should've drawn the  front leg in the other side closer to the first >_<. It's still mysterious stuff xD

I see your point on how they drew a walking quadruped. So your reproduction of what they drew is accurate. But their reproduction of how quadupeds walk is wrong.

Allow me to explain: they put the general structure of a bull/cow stepping forward but if a real quadruped animal tried to lift both limbs on either side to take a step, it would topple over (this applies to something as small as a house cat too). When drawing a walking quadruped, if you put the front left leg forward, you would also draw the rear right leg forward. 

But yeah, the fault goes to the instructor, not the person recreating the movement.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I finally finished a new drawing. Her name is Tamber, and she hails from a rather ignored or forgotten game called Children of Mana, which was released like 14 years ago xD. I remember, clear as day, how her original design stroke me in a rather particular way the first time I saw it. I loved it, and during those days I felt it was really amazing. I'm not saying nowadays I feel it's no good, but I have seen a lot more art and know it's pretty normal, but still good. I dunno, what I want to say is that back in those days I felt 0 confidence to draw a fan art of her despite wanting to do it very much. I still have so many things to learn, as I have tons of glaring faults and average quality, but I'm really happy to finally managed to make that fan art I so wanted, after all these years. I think it's thanks for the people in here who have supported my art and said it's good, even though I'm still leagues away from being a decent artist xD. The thing I regret in this drawing is that I should have made her face to the right, and for some reason I didn't correct that until it was too late. I had the intention of fixing that using an image editor, but in the end decided to leave the drawing as it is and learn from the mistake

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 10/5/2020 at 7:42 PM, Horu Ishayuki said:

Looks pretty cool

Thank you

22 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Okay, I finally finished a new drawing. Her name is Tamber, and she hails from a rather ignored or forgotten game called Children of Mana, which was released like 14 years ago xD. I remember, clear as day, how her original design stroke me in a rather particular way the first time I saw it. I loved it, and during those days I felt it was really amazing. I'm not saying nowadays I feel it's no good, but I have seen a lot more art and know it's pretty normal, but still good. I dunno, what I want to say is that back in those days I felt 0 confidence to draw a fan art of her despite wanting to do it very much. I still have so many things to learn, as I have tons of glaring faults and average quality, but I'm really happy to finally managed to make that fan art I so wanted, after all these years. I think it's thanks for the people in here who have supported my art and said it's good, even though I'm still leagues away from being a decent artist xD. The thing I regret in this drawing is that I should have made her face to the right, and for some reason I didn't correct that until it was too late. I had the intention of fixing that using an image editor, but in the end decided to leave the drawing as it is and learn from the mistake

spacer.png

Those are pretty eyes. And pretty colors while I'm at it. Though, with the green background, I thought it looked Christmas-themed.

1 hour ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Those are pretty eyes. And pretty colors while I'm at it. Though, with the green background, I thought it looked Christmas-themed.

Thanks, Nyx! Well, sometimes I just give the image a background so it doesn't look as simple xD. I used green because this girl is closely related to nature and stuff. I can post a background-less version if you'd like.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 3:28 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

It's been a while since I posted in the club. Here's my latest drawing:

Cocoa03.thumb.png.1259cb55a947576ac405fa0cc82132e9.png

I made this for some friends in a discord server. We're entering an international competition today, so I made this to cheer them up. I'm happy it had great reception n.n

Tat is pretty cute as always.
Your linework is super steady-looking xP

What's the competition about? 

20 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Tat is pretty cute as always.
Your linework is super steady-looking xP

What's the competition about? 

Thanks for the comment! I'm not sure if my linework is as good as you say, but at least I can say that from the first drawing I made using black marker (I think it was the female Mushock) to this, my hand's grown a little more brave, it doesn't tremble as it used to xD.

The event is from an online RPG Game. I'm in a club with other 23 guys, and you have to fight 5 boss monsters in a cycle. You have 20 turns to try and inflict as much damage as possible. Once the club has destroyed the 5 monsters, they reappear, but 5 levels stronger. Funnily enough, today the event ends. We're gonna end 29-31st, which is enough to win the grand prize, since clubs at 50 and up are highest tier xD.

Here's a Christmas drawing that somehow got up to ink & coloring stage xD
It's one of my characters, working at one of those seasonal things were kids sit on Santa's lap at the mall, and well... she's a witch so she's got some actual magic to put to use depending on the wishes....

Also posted to contribute at the event of @Rayfield Lumina

Kux7CV5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks a bunch for contributing 🙂

The boy might look flustered, but you can see the evil intentions behind. Look at his hands. One's holding hers like there's no tomorrow, but I'm more worried about the other arm xD 

On the event thread, please choose 1 of the culprits to add a hint xP

Hahaha, but the boy will have to let go after the picture is taken and let the next in line have a picture taken with her (not necessarily in this pose though). Btw, to clarify, the "wish" is in the gift bag, it isn't the picture itself that he's taking with her... just thought that needed clarification.

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

Hahaha, but the boy will have to let go after the picture is taken and let the next in line have a picture taken with her (not necessarily in this pose though). Btw, to clarify, the "wish" is in the gift bag, it isn't the picture itself that he's taking with her... just thought that needed clarification.

Judging by the boy's face, I'm still not too sure about that. Who knows what's in the bag? Maybe it's a set of the pictures just taken with Mindel, hence the wish would still be the photos xD

Tour Guide is bound to look cute no matter where she is, what she's doing and what she's wearing, but when it's drawn by Sleepy, everything multiplies exponentially, she's really, really cute. I love the detail of the coffee xD. The skulls are also nice, even if they're in a winter outfit xD.

You can now add another hint in the Development Thread n.n