Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

On 7/26/2020 at 11:56 AM, Sleepy said:

So I've been making some art for a custom TCG, and here are the entries so far:
I plan on potentially making a thread about how it works once I have enough cards to make something actually playable, but for now the arts.

The first 4 were made directly onto the card cutouts but afterwards I started making dedicated drawings and see how it goes. You can see by how the fifth one is just the 4th card but on a bigger more detailed drawing.

The last one I'm still pondering on how to color it.

7zhVIB6.jpg

giJO2VC.jpg

YCgy4kw.jpg

b1lSqn5.jpg

She reminds me of cinderella. But move the color scheme around a bit.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:56 AM, Sleepy said:

So I've been making some art for a custom TCG, and here are the entries so far:
I plan on potentially making a thread about how it works once I have enough cards to make something actually playable, but for now the arts.

The first 4 were made directly onto the card cutouts but afterwards I started making dedicated drawings and see how it goes. You can see by how the fifth one is just the 4th card but on a bigger more detailed drawing.

The last one I'm still pondering on how to color it.

7zhVIB6.jpg

giJO2VC.jpg

YCgy4kw.jpg

b1lSqn5.jpg

So...how does the card game work? Because those arrows remind me of the ones on Link monsters.

4 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

So...how does the card game work? Because those arrows remind me of the ones on Link monsters.

That's because they are admittedly the same color as Yugioh's Link Arrows xD
but it doesn't work the same.

I'm gonna explain it a little more thoroughly when I complete enough cards to showcase it properly but basically: Both players share a hollow board (5 x 5 space) and each turn grab a "zone card" of their choice and place it anywhere, so you slowly build up the field (no playing cards if you haven't claimed the space with a zone card of your own) and they have an energy system where each zone gives you a bit of energy to do stuff in general. 

The "familiars" (basically monster cards) have arrows, and they can only attack or affect others if they are pointing at those cards, and they borrow the arrows of the zones they are in (if you end up with 2 arrows pointing in the same direction, it means you can attack up to 2 zones away in that direction so it helps the range).

All cards have a stat called "Mv" (Movement), which is your cost to "move" them. Both Zones and Familiars have it so you are not stuck with their place forever (although it costs energy to move them). There's constant repositioning (in theory xD ).

There's other details but that's the gist of it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sleepy said:

That's because they are admittedly the same color as Yugioh's Link Arrows xD
but it doesn't work the same.

I'm gonna explain it a little more thoroughly when I complete enough cards to showcase it properly but basically: Both players share a hollow board (5 x 5 space) and each turn grab a "zone card" of their choice and place it anywhere, so you slowly build up the field (no playing cards if you haven't claimed the space with a zone card of your own) and they have an energy system where each zone gives you a bit of energy to do stuff in general. 

The "familiars" (basically monster cards) have arrows, and they can only attack or affect others if they are pointing at those cards, and they borrow the arrows of the zones they are in (if you end up with 2 arrows pointing in the same direction, it means you can attack up to 2 zones away in that direction so it helps the range).

All cards have a stat called "Mv" (Movement), which is your cost to "move" them. Both Zones and Familiars have it so you are not stuck with their place forever (although it costs energy to move them). There's constant repositioning (in theory xD ).

There's other details but that's the gist of it.

Sounds like a fun little twist on the average card game.

So, I drew this electric rodent for the Ankar Region. It's a Grass / Electric singing Pokemon that electrifies the mushrooms it takes from the head to make them microphones (heck is I know how it manages that xD). This time I decided to use colored pencils n' a fine point black marker.

550434508_MushockFColor.thumb.jpg.85b6d59302ef8142b99960787fae666d.jpg

Pokedex Entry: It comfortably sits on its own fluffy tail to start practising its singing skills. It likes to find clearings on forests to sing for fellow Pokemon, but if a dangerous one appears, it can escape at great speed by using it's tail as spring.

Pokedex Entry 2: Powers with electricity the 'shrooms that sprout from it's head and uses them as a microphone. The spores from the shrooms can be either irritating or pleasant depending on the voice modulation.

• Like 3

On 8/3/2020 at 4:58 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

So, I drew this electric rodent for the Ankar Region. It's a Grass / Electric singing Pokemon that electrifies the mushrooms it takes from the head to make them microphones (heck is I know how it manages that xD). This time I decided to use colored pencils n' a fine point black marker.

Ah man, it is trippin'. Even the widened pupils tell the story. XD  Not sure what the Pokemon thing is about... But, it is a mushroom creature that is an "A" in my book.

1 hour ago, Psilocyborg said:

Ah man, it is trippin'. Even the widened pupils tell the story. XD

This legitimately had me laughing. I think I knew in a corner of my brain this Poke would be subjected to drug jokes xD.

1 hour ago, Psilocyborg said:

Not sure what the Pokemon thing is about... But, it is a mushroom creature that is an "A" in my book.

I'm currently working with some friends in a project to create a new region. And yeah, I can tell by your newly assigned profile pic that you love those xP. By the way, do you have some drawing of your own you wanna share in this club? (it's okay even if they were made under the effects of a weird shroom).

15 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I'm currently working with some friends in a project to create a new region. And yeah, I can tell by your newly assigned profile pic that you love those xP. By the way, do you have some drawing of your own you wanna share in this club? (it's okay even if they were made under the effects of a weird shroom).

Oh okay cool.

And I have to get back to you on that one... I got some drawings laying around somewhere. I can't guarantee it will be a 'shroom though. XD

3 minutes ago, Psilocyborg said:

Oh okay cool.

And I have to get back to you on that one... I got some drawings laying around somewhere. I can't guarantee it will be a 'shroom though. XD

Feel free to post 'em here (as long as they're not offensive, lol). I'm sure you'll only find constructive criticism here.

15 minutes ago, Psilocyborg said:

1055031662_ConciousStreamSerpicorn.png.2f3bdbe52f2e526661df640564508cae.png

Alright, bruh. Like I drew this Unicorn-Serpent thing one-time. And like I was mildly under the influence of something. I can't remember... But, I thought it was pretty dope when I drew this thing.

Hahaha are you for real? Honestly, under the influence of something you can't remember xD.

So, your creature... not bad, man, I mean it. It's like some mixture of a seahorse, an oriental dragon and a unicorn. I like the simple yet effective scales and the fins with the jewel detail. Probably the only thing I'd try to improve a little is the eye, but good job overall. Is that northern light at the top of the drawing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Hahaha are you for real? Honestly, under the influence of something you can't remember xD.

So, your creature... not bad, man, I mean it. It's like some mixture of a seahorse, an oriental dragon and a unicorn. I like the simple yet effective scales and the fins with the jewel detail. Probably the only thing I'd try to improve a little is the eye, but good job overall.

idk it might have been the brownies with mythical goodness... it was quite sometime ago. And I dab a little bit of everything. So yeah... Like long story, short I can't for the life of me remember.

Anywho, so like what do you see in the eye that could use work? I might be a bit dreamsy, but I feel totes motivated.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Psilocyborg said:

idk it might have been the brownies with mythical goodness... it was quite sometime ago. And I dab a little bit of everything. So yeah... Like long story, short I can't for the life of me remember.

What the hell, hahaha

7 minutes ago, Psilocyborg said:

Anywho, so like what do you see in the eye that could use work? I might be a bit dreamsy, but I feel totes motivated.

imo, the eye doesn't have a pleasant shape. It's too long and thin, I think. I feel an slightly more rounded shape could do the trick. Since it's pretty small I can't see well the pupil, but is it gem-shaped? If that's the case, you can leave it as it is, but if it's not, it needs to be a little more clear. That's only my opinion, though ^_^''

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

What the hell, hahaha

imo, the eye doesn't have a pleasant shape. It's too long and thin, I think. I feel an slightly more rounded shape could do the trick. Since it's pretty small I can't see well the pupil, but is it gem-shaped? If that's the case, you can leave it as it is, but if it's not, it needs to be a little more clear. That's only my opinion, though ^_^''

I think I was like going for a star, gem, or something for the pupil... Ambiguous design, I know, but as you can see I am like a bit aimless at times. Maybe I just need to give it since of direction like myself. XD I appreciate the input, bro.

1 minute ago, Psilocyborg said:

I think I was like going for a star, gem, or something for the pupil... Ambiguous design, I know, but as you can see I am like a bit aimless at times. Maybe I just need to give it since of direction like myself. XD I appreciate the input, bro.

You're welcome. I'm faaaaar from being an expert (I've just returned twice to the "faaar" word to add more "a"s) but I believe positive criticism is best for us novice guys xD. But in that case, I wouldn't touch that part, or maybe just draw the pupil clearer.

You know what, this is making me want to make the male version of the electric rodent you saw up there (it's pretty obvious, I guess, but that's the female one). Stay tuned for that one other mushroom critter!

• Like 1

They're not half-bad, Horu. It could be. I'm imagining them luminescent, kinda like the Primals. I wish we could have the pokemon change a little in some parts of the body, specially those that are related to their senses/survival etc., but being realistic that seems too hard. Too much work, basically an altered version of over 1100 Pokes (this time, I'm considering alternate formes too. That's... scary, even if the differences are only details.

2 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

They're not half-bad, Horu. It could be. I'm imagining them luminescent, kinda like the Primals. I wish we could have the pokemon change a little in some parts of the body, specially those that are related to their senses/survival etc., but being realistic that seems too hard. Too much work, basically an altered version of over 1100 Pokes (this time, I'm considering alternate formes too. That's... scary, even if the differences are only details.

I found that but googling tribal pokemon

A drawing I finally got around to inking/coloring.
It's a witch that manages a dreamland in the middle of a crossroads. Sitting at a sofa at the side of the road, she fixes what destinations the paths go to as ethereal embodiments of those dreaming go through and transition. That's the concept. I have planned another image that'll focus more on the landscape as this sacrifices that a little for the sake of the character.

p0pYMTM.jpg

• Like 2

@Psilocyborg, you might like this:

1749739104_MushockM.thumb.jpg.fa12433d176dee30c1813cc7b702b60c.jpg

Pokedex Entry: Next day in the morning, when it wakes up, new mushrooms have grown in the soil due to the head's spores. It spends an entire hour deciding which one to pick up to use as microphone.

Pokedex Entry2: Besides looking for food, it spends most of the day honing its singing skills so it can impress a female Mushock. When it finally finds its partner, they exchange 'shrooms as a sign of mutual love.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Loving the vibe it has going on. Nice expression, suave mushroom hat with good dimensions.
You managed to keep the whiskers for both without giving both versions the same feel.

So this one grabs from its bed rather than directly from itself like the female. Sounds like the mushrooms are constantly replaced so the exchange they got going on for their partners sounds more than anything like it's symbolic for the occasion. Now I wonder if Penguins keep their pebble for a long time or what.

But yeah, great entry, xD

4 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

@Psilocyborg, you might like this:

1749739104_MushockM.thumb.jpg.fa12433d176dee30c1813cc7b702b60c.jpg

Pokedex Entry: Next day in the morning, when it wakes up, new mushrooms have grown in the soil due to the head's spores. It spends an entire hour deciding which one to pick up to use as microphone.

Pokedex Entry2: Besides looking for food, it spends most of the day honing its singing skills so it can impress a female Mushock. When it finally finds its partner, they exchange 'shrooms as a sign of mutual love.

Exchanging 'shrooms sounds like my kind of relationship. XD

Anyhow, I like how his upper eyelids are down... Like a chill bro. He is all like " Wassup~, bro. Care to like expand your mind and enter a blissful dimension?"

Plus, the 'shroom hat is like pretty dope. Would wear it myself if it was like tangible.

17 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Loving the vibe it has going on. Nice expression, suave mushroom hat with good dimensions.
You managed to keep the whiskers for both without giving both versions the same feel.

So this one grabs from its bed rather than directly from itself like the female. Sounds like the mushrooms are constantly replaced so the exchange they got going on for their partners sounds more than anything like it's symbolic for the occasion. Now I wonder if Penguins keep their pebble for a long time or what.

But yeah, great entry, xD

Thanks, I tried male and female to give off a different vibe ^_^

I can't guarantee 100% that female penguins keep their pebble, but they seems they do, in a sense, according to this:

"During courtship, a male penguin will find the smoothest pebble to give to a female as a gift. If she likes the offering, she'll place it in the nest and the two will continue building up their little pebble mound in preparation for the eggs."

So, it might not be kept in a fancy box or something, but it's still there, as the foundation. 

16 hours ago, Psilocyborg said:

Exchanging 'shrooms sounds like my kind of relationship. XD

Anyhow, I like how his upper eyelids are down... Like a chill bro. He is all like " Wassup~, bro. Care to like expand your mind and enter a blissful dimension?"

Plus, the 'shroom hat is like pretty dope. Would wear it myself if it was like tangible.

Dude, you're crazy, did you know that? xD But really, I wish you the best of luck finding a girl wanting to exchange 'shrooms with you. Next Woodstock is scheduled when?

But you gave me an idea.. if only I could commercialize those hats... ($_$)