Election Thread

Ryusei the Morning Star

On 11/21/2020 at 2:43 PM, Sunshine Jesse said:

I only voted for Biden so I could complain about him. I imagine a state could do the same.

Its MD, a dead racoon could win with a D by his name.

AZ is a completely different game. Gonna be interesting to see how they vote in 2022 when Mark Kelly is up again for the senate race

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

I'm not mad Roxas. It is what it is. Just noting the trends are pretty countervailing 

Oh, right, definitely not mad.

The "trends" don't really mean anything other than you wanting to read into something that isn't there.

13 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Edison County where?

Because I quick google search shows Edison County is in New Jersey.

You could look back a couple pages. She thought there was an Edison County in Michigan.

1 minute ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Oh, right, definitely not mad.

The "trends" don't really mean anything other than you wanting to read into something that isn't there.

You could look back a couple pages. She thought there was an Edison County in Michigan.

Sure they do, they're called bellwethers for a reason. 

And it's lazy to call them all white. Vigo might be. But westermore has twice the AA population of the national avg. Valencia has a solid hispanic population

It's all groups that trended right, except for just white men apparently. How convenient. Trump is out here winning presincts in SanFran that he lost by 30 to HRC due to flipping asian voters, but just enough white voters turned out to give it to Biden I guess >_>

1 minute ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

I think it says a lot that you feel the need to bring roxas's dick into a back and forth with a different person.

Couldn't help but notice the upvote like 2 seconds after you posted. More so feel bad for the guy if hanging out here constantly is his release 

It is what is is, people have a sad religion 

4 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Couldn't help but notice the upvote like 2 seconds after you posted. More so feel bad for the guy if hanging out here constantly is his release 

I said something funny in a thread he was currently viewing, get over yourself, jesus.

8 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

I could be wrong but your statistics make it look like you're celebrating a slightly less overwhelming loss than previous years?

1 minute ago, God Emperor Cow said:

I could be wrong but your statistics make it look like you're celebrating a slightly less overwhelming loss than previous years?

Err actually the best performance since 1992 if we ignore the election right after 9/11 (and better in 4/5 boroughs than even that)

That + Upstate pretty much explains NY's red shift this election

I'm just shocked that NYC, Cleveland, LA, Sanfran all behaved so differently than Atlanta, Milwaukee

(Trump actually improved in Philly and did a LOT better in Detroit or atleast the county its in)

Dunno how to explain it given similar demos

1 minute ago, God Emperor Cow said:

Different people, from different places, sometimes have different opinions.

There's a reason statistics is a shaky science.

Usually not countervailing all things considered. Miami and South texas shifted like 25% Right, maybe more in some areas. But you still saw Mid teens to 20s shift with Hispanic voters across the nation. You saw black voters do the same, EXCEPT in Atlanta

The only possible way to explain it is rich white folk had enough, and counter balanced. Which is ironic, but maybe fitting of 2020

6 minutes ago, Phantom Roxas said:

I'm looking forward to hearing how Democrats winning NYC six elections in a row, but this year their margin was 3% less than in 2016, somehow throws suspicion on the majority of the country going for Biden.

because 3% in demographically similar regions was more than enough to throw this election. The "widest" swing state was only 2.6% mate

79.95 - 76.19% = 3.76%. If you want to be a smartass about the percentages, you should at least look at the right columns.

You do realize that the percentage differences in swing states are not equal to the differences in bellwether counties within those states, right?

I get that you want to demonstrate how 3% would be enough to swing the election, but you should actually try using statistics that are relevant. So far, it looks like you're just cherry picking different statistics from arbitrary counties, rather than looking at how the overall votes lined up. At best, you're complaining that if demographics in one area voted a certain way, you don't understand why a similar demographic in another area voted differently.

Archived