New mod appointments

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2020 at 5:43 PM, Horu Ishayuki said:

I never declined. I am just too humble to choose myself for the role if I think there is somebody more qualified. Like Dae.

I honestly think having mods on this forum is just a waste of time.

But Hina and Joseph are the only ones I think are competent for the roles; They're not fucking obnoxious. I mean, I have a boner for Hina, and would get on my knees if Joe wanted it, but that's only because they're solid candidates and pretty solid people, too.

2 hours ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

I'd like to make it clear that sleepy is on my extremely short list of people I think would be competent at this.

And hey, he's gotta make it clear he doesn't want it. Someone getting promoted without literally any support from anyone else in the thread isn't unheard of.

Sleepy is my short list too. Last time she was nominated, felt like she declined, but I can't think of someone who I feel is more competent for the job (outside of Hina) 

@Sleepy

3 hours ago, Yui said:

Gonna put in my support for Enguin. He's the person I most trust with the job besides myself and (Giga). And (he) doesn't want the job and I only want it as a last resort.

With all due respect Yui, you pop in here like once in a blue moon, and Giga was one of the first to leave, and most recent to come back. Any other issue aside, that don't speak to a whole lot about commitment, something I feel is quite important for this job

Sleepy and Hina are all around well likely individuals by pretty much most corners of YCM. Active in enough communities, and have actually stuck with the place. Feels hard to tick more boxes than that. And for what it's worth, people who disagree on a whole lot, like Joseph and me, kinda homed in on those two

I know I'm generally well liked but I've been around a little over a decade and I've never felt like I've been in anybody's top choices for these kinds of things, taking all previous elections into account. Soooo suddenly getting support here is quite a surprise to me, and I'm not saying this just to sound modest... I even right now think I only would have a chance because most of the top choices left to the other site or altogether.

Though in case I end up getting seriously considered by Flame Dragon.... to be honest I think I'd give it a shot... I don't have much more self confidence than some of the members that have already refused but part of me would like to see how it'd turn out.

@Ryusei the Morning Star Thanks but to be honest it's not so much that I'm loyal to YCM over the other site.... my interactions with the regulars at my art club make my online experience and I'm otherwise on both ends... Wishing the other site would prosper more tbh although my kind of content didn't get very consistently noticed over there which burns one down over time... if it had been otherwise I'd probably still be aiming to keep the proud #1 rep count title I had over there during my non-lurking days xD
Soooo I don't feel like I deserve the praise, though thanks for the thought ^^"

23 hours ago, Sunshine Jesse said:

Nobody would recommend you anyways so you don't gotta pull the whole "oh wow look at how humble i am i totally wouldn't want the role 😉" bullshit.

Jesse, you do realize that I said I would continue to turn down the role as long as I felt there was somebody better for it. I'm not stating how humble I am. I know damn well that I could mod this place like a boss. I don't want the role because for my own reasons. And it is because of those reasons that I feel anyone else would be more deserving of the role. Yeah, normally, I am too humble to take such a spot as long as I feel somebody can do it better. But that doesn't mean that I don't have other reasons for turning something like this down. Honestly, Yemachu and Tormented could put a greater focus on the site than I can right now. So yeah, as much as I would like the spot, I simply cannot accept it. I just have a lot going on right now and I'm trying to figure out how to balance it.

Quick Edit: I trust Winter on this so Enguin also has my support.

7 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Jesse, you do realize that I said I would continue to turn down the role as long as I felt there was somebody better for it. I'm not stating how humble I am. I know damn well that I could mod this place like a boss. I don't want the role because for my own reasons. And it is because of those reasons that I feel anyone else would be more deserving of the role. Yeah, normally, I am too humble to take such a spot as long as I feel somebody can do it better. But that doesn't mean that I don't have other reasons for turning something like this down. Honestly, Yemachu and Tormented could put a greater focus on the site than I can right now. So yeah, as much as I would like the spot, I simply cannot accept it. I just have a lot going on right now and I'm trying to figure out how to balance it.

Hold up let me just try and...

"I'm not stating how humble I am"

"normally I am too humble to take such a spot but doesn't mean I don't have other reasons"

So you are stating how humble you are?

But also you're claiming you'd be good at it

Despite that again no one but you has brought your name into it

And now you've several times stated how you could but you'd have to turn down a job you weren't offered

what....even is this?

23 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I was talking about Hina and Sleepy....

The irishman is ok, but I sorta prefer the other two as general non-bomb throwers

1 minute ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Hehe, my bad. I still trust your judgment though.

It's not just my judgement tbh, people from me, to Jesse, to Giga have mentioned those two

They're intelligent, fair minded, well liked, veteran members of YCM. Just about anyone on YCM can expect to get a fair shake from those two.

50 minutes ago, God Emperor Cow said:

Hold up let me just try and...

"I'm not stating how humble I am"

"normally I am too humble to take such a spot but doesn't mean I don't have other reasons"

So you are stating how humble you are?

But also you're claiming you'd be good at it

Despite that again no one but you has brought your name into it

And now you've several times stated how you could but you'd have to turn down a job you weren't offered

what....even is this?

I'm not stating that I am too humble to accept the position. I am stating that I am too humble to do so if I feel that somebody is more deserving of it.

I stated that I have a lot going on right now and can't dedicate myself to the site on that level.

Yes. I stated that I would be good at it. And yes, I turned down a position I haven't been offered. It is better for me to withdraw my name as a possible option and explain why I feel I'm not suited for the position at that moment than to be named and have to decline the position. So do you see an issue with me withdrawing my name even though I wasn't offered the position?

Note how when I withdrew my name in the first post, I said Dae would be a better choice than me at the moment. The second time, I reinforced it literally by saying "anyone that isn't me". The thing is, I'm not saying those things because I feel I can't do it or that they are more deserving. I'm saying it because I know I can't dedicate the time to it.

In 2 days, I have an interview with Border Patrol. The army is trying to recruit me again and I'm trying to decide if I want to re-enlist. Then I have a day to myself (maybe) then I work overnight for the weekend. Like I said, I have a lot going on.

Sorry I didn't explain this earlier, Cow. But that is why I ultimately said no to being named for the position before anyone got a chance to pick me.

6 minutes ago, God Emperor Cow said:

so are you too humble to do so or do you feel no one else deserves it more?

At this time, there are people more deserving simply because they can dedicate the time that I cannot.

2 minutes ago, God Emperor Cow said:

So then you are saying you're too humble to accept.

Yes. Simply because I feel there are others more deserving of the position. If I had the time to dedicate to being a mod here, I would've waited to see if my name came up. But given my current situation and everything I have going on, I had to withdraw before I was an option. Honestly meant it when I said Dae would be a better option at the moment. I'm being pulled in so many directions that I'm running on fumes.

Archived