New mod appointments

Just now, Krow said:

I'm 2007 but I've been around longer than even that. There was a small community before that as well. I forgot my OG account info.  I remember the visiting the profile to rep them. The switch over was the saddest thing tbh

I see you ya dirty dog sneaking in that vote for me!

Unfortunately, votes for krow that do not include enguin are not permissible.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

Just saw this. Were all the votes released to you at some point? Because ranked voting doesn't actually yield vote totals in the traditional sense, so I feel you may be confused as to what you are talking about.

it does list it round by round though. Regardless, someone did post it in the Jesus chat. I thought it was public too

1 minute ago, God Emperor Cow said:

"I am willing to ignore feelings and personal history but not these people who think badly of me"

As you can clearly see rayfield and i have history. I was banned out of a group for a custom pokemon game.

Even though i was banned i still consider Rayfield an option for mod since i consider they would do a fair job.

3 hours ago, Sleepy said:

@Horu Ishayuki I'm a bit surprised you have Godbrand in as high regard. Saying you've met worse doesn't really make him a good member.... Did you not follow any of what happened at our group Pokemon project via Discord and PMs? 
He had an imaginary feud with Morris even though Morris did nothing and still made a (futile) attempt at always keeping things peaceful and apologized for Godbrand's delusions. 
He randomly decided x or y posts were off-topic on discord and deleted them even from general and misc sections and ultimately deleted the whole damn group on a whim and came back to the YCM PM group to post as if nothing had happened. Still had the gall to say he was offended when people called him out.
Even to this day you can see him lowkey throwing jabs at having been kicked out despite saying he didn't care anymore...

Did all that flew down your radar?

The bad blood is that bad huhn

To be fair, in my interactions with the guy, he's been nothing but civil

1 minute ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

I mean it seems you were banned for very good reasons

Like I said I do not let past history get in the way. I do not agree with Rayfield but that does not matter

This is about who is most fit to be a mod.

People who will abused their power are not fit for the position.

Can... can we just step back for a sec?  Given the level of activity this site generates, a mod should probably be chosen based on criteria rather than specific people.

1. Someone who knows their way around the site (~500 post minimum)
  2. Someone who checks the site regularly (self-explanatory, otherwise all this would have solved nothing) (Sorry Krow)
  3. Someone who will accept the position (given the fact that this appointment is clearly more of a glorified janitor role than any real power + the general suspicion to vehemence against mods)

Bonuses:

1. Well-liked/respected - A bonus rather than a criteria, since there is clearly no consensus.
  2. Will not abuse power - Obviously this is something that would be up in required, but its kinda hard to tell what will happen unless one has known prior experience.  Personality is nice, but that doesn't tell the whole story.
  3. Will bring activity to the site - Nice to have, but is that really the mods' role?
  4. Does the Yugioh

2 minutes ago, Godbrand said:

Like I said I do not let past history get in the way. I do not agree with Rayfield but that does not matter

This is about who is most fit to be a mod.

People who will abused their power are not fit for the position.

None of the people you ruled out would have abused power tbh.

5 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

The bad blood is that bad huhn

To be fair, in my interactions with the guy, he's been nothing but civil

even NOW in taking all this on the chin.

Im getting gang up on.

Doesn't matter i want someone who is fit for the position.

I will fight tooth and nail on it.

3 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

Can... can we just step back for a sec?  Given the level of activity this site generates, a mod should probably be chosen based on criteria rather than specific people.

1. Someone who knows their way around the site (~500 post minimum)
  2. Someone who checks the site regularly (self-explanatory, otherwise all this would have solved nothing) (Sorry Krow)
  3. Someone who will accept the position (given the fact that this appointment is clearly more of a glorified janitor role than any real power + the general suspicion to vehemence against mods)

Bonuses:

1. Well-liked/respected - A bonus rather than a criteria, since there is clearly no consensus.
  2. Will not abuse power - Obviously this is something that would be up in required, but its kinda hard to tell what will happen unless one has known prior experience.  Personality is nice, but that doesn't tell the whole story.
  3. Will bring activity to the site - Nice to have, but is that really the mods' role?
  4. Does the Yugioh

I'm going to be active again. I stopped coming around when the site as at an all time low (It went down) and didn't come back until Winter told me it's popping again. I love this site and will always be active if there is a community here.

1 minute ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

This is what people with a hundred posts would say whenever sakura's psychopathy was brought up

I don't really think I fight in that category

I was also one of the few people who agreed with you publicly on said person (did the Laitos rape drawing not give it away lol) 

5 minutes ago, Krow said:

I'm going to be active again. I stopped coming around when the site as at an all time low (It went down) and didn't come back until Winter told me it's popping again. I love this site and will always be active if there is a community here.

I know Rayfield will more willing to be level headed and fair and i honeslty do not much about krow to really vote for krow.

Archived