New mod appointments

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enguin is the sanest person here who I can see actually dealing with stuff well.

Roxas has experience which is important if they are to handle all reports almost single-handedly.

Tinkerer posts a lot and seems intelligent enough for the job.

IMO pick two of the above so they can cover each other's absences. I wouldn't consider anyone other than those I just listed.

6 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Dr. Jolly Glot the III

Doesn't really have any known problems with any user/group. Posts almost daily. Very friendly. Etc

Honestly the best people to choose without upsetting any one side are some of the TCG/OCG regulars

Thanks but i have to refuse the position. There are better people to handle the site than i ever do

And to be fair, me cowboying the pseudo-mod position on card posting thread is not really optimal nor appropriate 

1 hour ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Thanks but i have to refuse the position. There are better people to handle the site than i ever do

And to be fair, me cowboying the pseudo-mod position on card posting thread is not really optimal nor appropriate 

Who would you recommend than for the position? 

52 minutes ago, Flame Dragon said:

Who would you recommend than for the position? 

I almost never check any other part of the forum past card making or TCG/OCG news ones. So im pretty much biased and favor those that active on those section like Tinkerer or maybe ~British Soul~?

But i also realize mods needs to have responsibilty for other sections as well and for that i dont really have idea for now

I'm flattered that I'd be suggested, but I would also have to decline the position.

My hope for the site lies in its new users. Being a mod rather than a user changes any relationship dynamic that I build with them. I would rather not give that up.

In terms of suggestions:

I trust @The Nyx Avatar would make a solid mod. While he doesn't actively post as often anymore, I can personally attest that he cares for the site as a whole a lot more than others.

I'll be honest, @Enguinhas always rubbed me the wrong way personally, but my feelings aside, I recognize that he is capable and I would not be against him being mod.

They both have also expressed desire to be mod at one point or another (which might be a good criteria considering the track record of this thread thus far).

It's unfortunate that precisely the two people I was going to propose in case a voting was organized have declined already. In that case I'd support  @Phantom Roxas. He's an intelligent and organized individual, in my opinion, though I have to say more activity from him in the Casual and Advanced Sections of the site would be advisable.

@TourmalineWould also be a good choice if she'd be willing to take it. 

There are obvious people NOT to pick, and people who would be ok

We need to find ways to generate more community wide activity however. This should be more than just fixing reports. For all their flaws, Blake and Sakura did attempt this

I find the lack of rule enforcement in the past year and a half actually kind of refreshing. I haven't noticed any major issues with spaming bots or members being considered a problem for not following an advanced clause at CC. I understand the need for rules and some basic guidelines and I am as much of a member of the other site as I am here but I gotta say sometimes the expectations and thorough processes required for these modship choosing events would feel a bit too strict, and some of the rule enforcing a few times did cross the line into territory of squashing activity.

If a new mod is chosen, I don't think it needs to be "the very best" but as long as we have the basic functions of any site's mod covered it is gonna be fine. Then we could see how things go from there. TBH, he's only been active for a very short time but I think Rayfield is active enough and is enthusiastic enough about wanting the site to flourish that if he wanted the position, I'd support that.

I also wouldn't mind Roxas. I remember he was a mod waaay back when, and I didn't really follow the events to the why he stopped being one. Still,
Giga would not be bad although I've missed his presence for a long time during my lurking so I can't testify for how often he's actually around.

Tourmaline is Hina's current username right? Hmm yeah, I'd be down for that if that's the case.

5 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

Lmao there is no way I'd be a mod here.

Modest as always xD
You are one of the members that raised this concern vocally so I figured I'd shoot and see if it'd fly..... well I guess it can't be helped.

Given the "Confused" reaction I got with my comment up there, I guess I should clarify: I believe Phantom is one of the best candidates out there, I just think that a mod should be a person that has activity all around the site, so they know the immediate problems the site is facing. I'm aware of Phantom's capabilities, but I've also noticed his lack of participation in the sections I mentioned, hence why I pointed that out. From the time I've been active here, which is a little over a year, I've come to realize how divided the site is, and how most of the members take interest in one or two sections at most, paying no mind to the newcomer's efforts to receive feedback. How are we supposed to lift the site's activity if those enthusiast people are completely ignored? They leave, of course, seeing how their cards get no interest. I mention all of this because, from my point of view, competent mods and the site's activity is linked deeply. In my opinion, we need a friendly mod who's aware of the whole site's situations, and take action to help resolve the site's problems. New Features, organization of events, fast reply to requests, elimination of bots, spams, etc.

@SleepyI'm flattered that you mentioned me as a possibility, but it seems the people concerned about this is more interested in someone with a deeper knowledge of the site.

10 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Tourmaline is Hina's current username right? Hmm yeah, I'd be down for that if that's the case.

I wish I deserved any of your support Sleepy...and ofc, I could be nothing but prescient of Winter's. 

I'm fine with it, for Flame Dragon.

Now, my hopes/desires have been for years, unfailingly, to see Joseph be given some seat, and to me, this is a bit of a concession, because I know he doesn't want it. I would be happy with Sleepy, too. 

Hmm. I kinda hate being put in the seat of authority. While I am a good leader, I prefer to step back and do my work from behind the scenes. So yeah, you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming to be appointed as a mod. 😂😂😂

Besides, I'll refuse the spot as long as I feel there is somebody that can do it better. Like *looks around* I don't know. Anyone that isn't me.

14 minutes ago, God Emperor Cow said:

Horu um

Did I miss someone putting your name up? This is the second time you've mentioned this.

Cow, I'm just removing my name from the hat mostly because it isn't something I would do until I don't have much choice. But you would also be in my top 10  for this.

Archived