New mod appointments

3 hours ago, Godbrand said:

For this comment alone

Jesse disqualify themselves and ANY one they reccomend. 

lmao good thing you aren't in charge of anything meaningful, disqualifying people because of a good take from someone who doesn't even visit the site anymore is absolutely absurd.

1 hour ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Jesse, you do realize that I said I would continue to turn down the role as long as I felt there was somebody better for it. I'm not stating how humble I am. I know damn well that I could mod this place like a boss. I don't want the role because for my own reasons. And it is because of those reasons that I feel anyone else would be more deserving of the role. Yeah, normally, I am too humble to take such a spot as long as I feel somebody can do it better. But that doesn't mean that I don't have other reasons for turning something like this down. Honestly, Yemachu and Tormented could put a greater focus on the site than I can right now. So yeah, as much as I would like the spot, I simply cannot accept it. I just have a lot going on right now and I'm trying to figure out how to balance it.

Quick Edit: I trust Winter on this so Enguin also has my support.

As much as you come off as a very high IQ person with excellent leadership abilities, humility is quite clearly not your strongsuit.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh.  Hey, @Horu Ishayuki, correct my interpretation if I'm wrong.  It doesn't look like "being humble" is really part of the equation one way or the other, correct?  It looks like you're just ensuring that no one nominates you in the first place.

Your conditions for accepting were: 1. If real life would let you, 2. if no one (in your opinion) would do a better job.

Since the first condition failed, it doesn't really matter to talk about the second condition (which is where the humility part would actively come in).

That being said, it does appear conceited to withdraw your name as your first post in the thread.  I appreciate it because I like the surety in nominating, but it doesn't look good appearance-wise.

All that aside, I'd totally put my hat in for @Sleepy, if she'd accept it.  Again, I don't like nominating without knowing if they'd accept or not, but among those named, I also really trust @~British Soul~ as well.  There was talk about section mods earlier, but I dunno if that is really needed as long as things are generally covered.

I support @Sleepyas well. She has many qualities that make her a good candidate. Intelligent, friendly and wise person. At this point, from what Flame Dragon said in the previous page, it would seem he has pretty much taken a decision, nevertheless I hope he takes these comments into account.

24 minutes ago, Sunshine Jesse said:

lmao good thing you aren't in charge of anything meaningful, disqualifying people because of a good take from someone who doesn't even visit the site anymore is absolutely absurd.

Godbrand is a good guy if you give him a chance. A bit hard to reason with but at least he is honest. Also, he is very strict with rules.

24 minutes ago, Sunshine Jesse said:

As much as you come off as a very high IQ person with excellent leadership abilities, humility is quite clearly not your strongsuit.

I'll tell you a story about one of my convoy training sessions later. It reinforces that I am willing to give somebody a chance to prove themselves.

10 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

Eh.  Hey, @Horu Ishayuki, correct my interpretation if I'm wrong.  It doesn't look like "being humble" is really part of the equation one way or the other, correct?  It looks like you're just ensuring that no one nominates you in the first place.

Your conditions for accepting were: 1. If real life would let you, 2. if no one (in your opinion) would do a better job.

Since the first condition failed, it doesn't really matter to talk about the second condition (which is where the humility part would actively come in).

That being said, it does appear conceited to withdraw your name as your first post in the thread.  I appreciate it because I like the surety in nominating, but it doesn't look good appearance-wise.

I know what you mean. And I'm glad you are somewhat understanding of why I withdrew my name as an option. The humility would still be an active part if I did decline. Although, it wasn't a prime reason to why I removed myself. So you are right about the first reason. But yeah, if it were a toss up and I felt said person was more deserving, I would still decline.

10 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

Definitely good choices

13 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Godbrand is a good guy if you give him a chance. A bit hard to reason with but at least he is honest. Also, he is very strict with rules.

He literally spent a year accusing the mods of abuse that wasn't happening, and has demanded people be reported for "breaking the rules" when no rules have been broken.

Also he breaks site rules fairly regularly.

1 minute ago, God Emperor Cow said:

humble and a good judge of character what a full package

Cow, the reason I'm humble isn't due to a lack of confidence. Although, there are times where I doubt myself (just like anyone else). Hell, there are likely times where I doubt that I can do something. Mostly, if I meet the expectations of others, I still feel like I failed because I didn't meet my own expectations. But I think having high standards that are hard to obtain are necessary for one to remain humble. Often, for me, meeting the standards of others is pretty easy. Meeting the standard I set for myself is what keeps me motivated and it keeps me humble at the same time. So while I know that I may be good, to me, it isn't good enough. Then again, sometimes I have to let it go and accept that I did accomplish the goal and meet the standard that was required of me. But yeah, a desire to meet my own standard is oddly what keeps me humble.

6 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

He literally spent a year accusing the mods of abuse that wasn't happening, and has demanded people be reported for "breaking the rules" when no rules have been broken.

In all fairness, I wasn't around for that bit. I can only judge by what I know of the guy myself. And on a personal level, he hasn't given me a reason not to like him. So that being said, I refuse to hate or dislike somebody for something that happened when I wasn't around. He has always talked to me with respect and I'll continue to return that respect. Honestly, I have met soldiers worse than Godbrand and came close to kicking their teeth in. I have literally met soldiers that whined over every little thing. I have met very dishonest and disrespectful soldiers. So given the fact that Godbrand is always honest and respectful toward me, I honestly have no reason not to like the guy.

13 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

In all fairness, I wasn't around for that bit. I can only judge by what I know of the guy myself. And on a personal level, he hasn't given me a reason not to like him. So that being said, I refuse to hate or dislike somebody for something that happened when I wasn't around. He has always talked to me with respect and I'll continue to return that respect. Honestly, I have met soldiers worse than Godbrand and came close to kicking their teeth in. I have literally met soldiers that whined over every little thing. I have met very dishonest and disrespectful soldiers. So given the fact that Godbrand is always honest and respectful toward me, I honestly have no reason not to like the guy.

But this wasn't about whether you like him. He was unreasonable, and was called out on it, you said he was strict on the rules, despite him breaking them often. You see the issue here?

@Horu Ishayuki I'm a bit surprised you have Godbrand in as high regard. Saying you've met worse doesn't really make him a good member.... Did you not follow any of what happened at our group Pokemon project via Discord and PMs? 
He had an imaginary feud with Morris even though Morris did nothing and still made a (futile) attempt at always keeping things peaceful and apologized for Godbrand's delusions. 
He randomly decided x or y posts were off-topic on discord and deleted them even from general and misc sections and ultimately deleted the whole damn group on a whim and came back to the YCM PM group to post as if nothing had happened. Still had the gall to say he was offended when people called him out.
Even to this day you can see him lowkey throwing jabs at having been kicked out despite saying he didn't care anymore...

Did all that flew down your radar?

16 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

@Horu Ishayuki I'm a bit surprised you have Godbrand in as high regard. Saying you've met worse doesn't really make him a good member.... Did you not follow any of what happened at our group Pokemon project via Discord and PMs? 
He had an imaginary feud with Morris even though Morris did nothing and still made a (futile) attempt at always keeping things peaceful and apologized for Godbrand's delusions. 
He randomly decided x or y posts were off-topic on discord and deleted them even from general and misc sections and ultimately deleted the whole damn group on a whim and came back to the YCM PM group to post as if nothing had happened. Still had the gall to say he was offended when people called him out.
Even to this day you can see him lowkey throwing jabs at having been kicked out despite saying he didn't care anymore...

zGHQb4O.gif?2

3 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I am aware of all that but it is water under the bridge and our project has recovered from that incident. But yeah, I have met much worse than Godbrand. I'm not really sure why he doesn't like Morris as that was never mentioned to me or even made clear to me. I'm all ears if either of them are willing to open up about this subject. But yeah, given that Godbrand has never actually done anything to me, I can't just turn my back on the guy. Also, Godbrand explained some stuff to me and I understand that he had a lot going on when all that happened. Also, you all have supported me greatly with all the stuff I have going on and I honestly appreciate that.

6 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

But this wasn't about whether you like him. He was unreasonable, and was called out on it, you said he was strict on the rules, despite him breaking them often. You see the issue here?

Didn't I mention that Godbrand can be hard to reason with? Hence, even Sleepy pointed out how hard it can be to reason with the guy. Thanks for referencing that bit, Sleepy. Regardless of this fact, Godbrand was one of the few people that welcomed me back to the community with open arms. I opted to remain friends with him and understand that he had a lot going on.

11 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

"I like him so others' experiences are not valid"

Yeah. Don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything close to that. If you haven't noticed, I completely validated Sleepy pointing out how hard it is to reason with Godbrand. I'm simply saying that I cannot judge him based on an event that I wasn't around for. Sorry but that isn't my style. Never said your experience wasn't valid. I'm saying I can't turn my back on the guy simply because that just isn't something I do to friends. The same way I would never turn my back on Sleepy, Morris, Rayfield and the others, I will also be here for Godbrand. As I stated, he is part of the original group that welcomed me back with open arms. So I can show him the same respect he's shown me. Godbrand hasn't turned his back on me so I'm not turning my back on him.

You claimed it is water under the bridge, yet clearly it is still an issue for sleepy, and according to her godbrand isn't over it either. This isn't just "hard to work with". These are signs of an unreasonable and unstable person, yet when jesse called him such, your response is "just give him a chance, he's really strict with the rules."

The very same rules he breaks.

Do you not grasp how detached your judgment is from reality?

3 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

It's not just my judgement tbh, people from me, to Jesse, to Giga have mentioned those two

They're intelligent, fair minded, well liked, veteran members of YCM. Just about anyone on YCM can expect to get a fair shake from those two.

I did not mention hina.

15 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Yes, you mentioned Sleepy

Jesse mentioned Hina

Both of you are pretty much on the opposite side of the spectrum from my camp

Ie, large cross YCM support

Do you mean to say hina (maybe jesse?) and I are opposite sides of the spectrum for moderation ideology?

7 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

No, you can think the comment from Jesse was not needed without casting shade at people she suggested

Two of which would be the best picks for YCM in general 

Their comment was unjustified and shows their attitude and ego. 

Someone who shows an improper attitude and unhealthy ego is not fit for the position.

2 minutes ago, Godbrand said:

Their comment was unjustified and shows their attitude and ego. 

Someone who shows an improper attitude and unhealthy ego is not fit for the position.

How does that disqualify those she recommends?

Especially considering she doesn't want the job in the first place.

Who do you think would be the best candidate? What standards do you hold for a "proper attitude"

2 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I'll tell you a story about one of my convoy training sessions later. It reinforces that I am willing to give somebody a chance to prove themselves.

I know what you mean. And I'm glad you are somewhat understanding of why I withdrew my name as an option. The humility would still be an active part if I did decline. Although, it wasn't a prime reason to why I removed myself. So you are right about the first reason. But yeah, if it were a toss up and I felt said person was more deserving, I would still decline.

Definitely good choices

I am strict person. And I am one who tell it how it is. 

Archived