New mod appointments

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/4/2020 at 11:08 PM, Flame Dragon said:

I figure before I promote new mods I should ask for the community thoughts on the issue. Who do you think will make the best choice? I already have a few people in mind, but getting a read on what everyone things seems like it can only be a net positive in making the decision. 

I hope you @Flame Dragon (flame dragon) have read this entire thread before making up your mind.

3 minutes ago, Sunshine Jesse said:

Yeah, I still consider you a friend. 

No further comments on this thread at the moment, just wanted to say that. 

I still think you're cool and I understand how my comment seemed like bullshit at that moment. It was a fair assessment. Besides, I wouldn't go as far as to disqualify you. Very few people actually have the ability to give as decent of a character assessment of somebody and actually call it that close. So yeah, on that note, I would actually welcome you as a friend. On another note, I owe you a story from when I was doing my convoy training. It does have to do with somebody that nobody wanted to give a fair chance to but I was the commander at the time and it was my call.

We were about to leave and a female from my platoon who was supposed to be on the last 4 training missions was left behind. So when I was up to make the call, I told her grab her stuff and come along. She froze up on the combat part of the exercise at first but once I told her just let go and have fun, she really went all out. My convoy was the only convoy to finish the exercise successfully. So yeah, I try my best to give everyone a shot. She was part of my team so I had her take cover behind one of the armored vehicles until she got her shit together. Meanwhile, I pretty much had to pull my squad back together while providing cover fire. But ultimately, my squad leader told me that since I did that well, the higher ups would be paying close attention to me. My thing is, while everyone gravitates toward me as a leader, I'd rather be the guy with an effective strategy rather than the guy barking orders.

In basic training, I graduated my entire platoon with honors.

In AIT, I graduated 4 other people.

Thing is, while I do good in the role, I don't really like being put in the spotlight.

14 hours ago, Godbrand said:

Rayfield can hate on me all they want.

After last night's developments, I feel this comment is out of place, but since this concerns me, I will make a statement: I don't hate you, Godbrand. Remember that, even after the project's first server was destroyed, I went to talk to you and offered you to stay should you apologize. I won't claim giving you this chance was my idea, because it wasn't, but I supported the motion. It's also untrue that you were banned like you mentioned: you were going to be separated from the project for a short while so you'd meditate in what happened, then apologize and return. You declined. When you requested time to write a farewell, I gave you the chance. See how there's no hate there? Just like you mention in said farewell: no hard feelings.

1 minute ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

After last night's developments, I feel this comment is out of place, but since this concerns me, I will make a statement: I don't hate you, Godbrand. Remember that, even after the project's first server was destroyed, I went to talk to you and offered you to stay should you apologize. I won't claim giving you this chance was my idea, because it wasn't, but I supported the motion. It's also untrue that you were banned like you mentioned: you were going to be separated from the project for a short while so you'd meditate in what happened, then apologize and return. You declined. When you requested time to write a farewell, I gave you the chance. See how there's no hate there? Just like you mention in said farewell: no hard feelings.

Like I said i thinl Rayfield would give a fair chance to everyone and will not be biased. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Really said:

I still think you're cool and I understand how my comment seemed like bullshit at that moment. It was a fair assessment. Besides, I wouldn't go as far as to disqualify you. Very few people actually have the ability to give as decent of a character assessment of somebody and actually call it that close. So yeah, on that note, I would actually welcome you as a friend. On another note, I owe you a story from when I was doing my convoy training. It does have to do with somebody that nobody wanted to give a fair chance to but I was the commander at the time and it was my call.

We were about to leave and a female from my platoon who was supposed to be on the last 4 training missions was left behind. So when I was up to make the call, I told her grab her stuff and come along. She froze up on the combat part of the exercise at first but once I told her just let go and have fun, she really went all out. My convoy was the only convoy to finish the exercise successfully. So yeah, I try my best to give everyone a shot. She was part of my team so I had her take cover behind one of the armored vehicles until she got her shit together. Meanwhile, I pretty much had to pull my squad back together while providing cover fire. But ultimately, my squad leader told me that since I did that well, the higher ups would be paying close attention to me. My thing is, while everyone gravitates toward me as a leader, I'd rather be the guy with an effective strategy rather than the guy barking orders.

In basic training, I graduated my entire platoon with honors.

In AIT, I graduated 4 other people.

Thing is, while I do good in the role, I don't really like being put in the spotlight.

Disqualify me from what, exactly?

I appreciate the sentiment and story, though.

1 minute ago, Sunshine Jesse said:

Disqualify me from what, exactly?

I wouldn't disqualify you from being a mod or disqualify your picks simply because of the reason I stated.

1 minute ago, Sunshine Jesse said:

I appreciate the sentiment and story, though.

Yeah. Honestly, one thing I learned from the army was to trust myself a little more. Still don't think I fully learned how to do that though. So while my instincts and abilities might be what most people are looking for, I'm not 100% confident when I'm given a chance. I mostly just work with what I got and hope for the best.

1 minute ago, Nobody Really said:

I wouldn't disqualify you from being a mod or disqualify your picks simply because of the reason I stated.

Yeah. Honestly, one thing I learned from the army was to trust myself a little more. Still don't think I fully learned how to do that though. So while my instincts and abilities might be what most people are looking for, I'm not 100% confident when I'm given a chance. I mostly just work with what I got and hope for the best.

Oh.

While I appreciate the sentiment, I've spent literally my entire time back loudly broadcasting that I am either unsuited for or uninterested in the role. If I thought this site actually needed the moderation I might've conducted myself a little more responsibly, but all this forum really needs is a janitor. The ship has sailed for anything else.

Basically what I gather from the Godbrand situation

Two people were spamming a lot, he starts removing their posts. Eventually deletes the group

In the new group a vote is held to ban him. He loses said vote, but the leadership wants to make peace and offers to still keep him. He doesn't accept, is kicked/banned

@Sleepy

Did I characterize that correctly? 

21 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Two people were spamming a lot, he starts removing their posts. Eventually deletes the group

In the new group a vote is held to ban him. He loses said vote, but the leadership wants to make peace and offers to still keep him. He doesn't accept, is kicked/banned

@Sleepy

There was a vote to remove him from the group and there weren't enough votes to do so. He chose to leave on his own accord and to my knowledge was never banned.

1 hour ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

@Sleepy

More or less sums it up. 

Archived