New mod appointments

16 hours ago, Blake said:

I really don’t want to be involved, but I want to say this is backwards logic. Especially when it contradicts you chipping in support for me in the past.

I got told about you saying this, and just... don’t judge people on who they were. People change. Years go by. Events cause hearts to open or close. Humans are not static beings.

Roxas being fit or unfit at any other time does not necessarily dictate if he is right or wrong at this time, and it’s completely unfair to judge him as if such is the case. Or anyone, for that matter.

I've been trying to stay out of this thread, but I do think this post is one I should address properly. I really appreciate you saying this.

I'm grateful to see people give me a chance on this, and I would hope to not let them down. I'm also keeping Rayfield's point in mind about being more active in other sections.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

well this become way to long of a read. but i least i kinda get some ideas to whom i vote

i settle for either (if there a limit for number of mod that im not aware off plaese let me know) or all these 4 candidate, if they willing to accept the position: @~British Soul~ @Krow@Tourmaline@The Nyx Avatar

Unfortunately not sure if this is a voting thread. I believe Flame has picked who he wants already.

25 minutes ago, Godbrand said:

You are foaming at the mouth, hungry for power. 

You are way too eager to get the position. 

No, Enguin just has rabies and scurvy

Given how other users here made a more formal statement, I think I should as well.

I'd be happy to help users, and the forum in general if I were a member of the staff. I had offered to help months ago, when spambots were taking over a week to resolve, as well as other spam. There's also issues like posts in the wrong sections. Some of which have still not been moved to this day. In the past years, some users had come to me, asking for help. Problems such as their image not registering on their generated card, my thoughts on something they made for a client or as a gift, or just someone to talk to. There are a few that I couldn't help with, which required the assistance of staff members. For those, I directed them to a moderator. It'd be nice to need to do that less; for me to be that moderator. Someone users, new and old, can depend on. I have been here often enough that I won't just straight up disappear. And interacted lots in Custom Cards for at least 3 years. I would also like to organize another event. Perhaps the first Halloween Masquerade for 2 years.

19 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Given how other users here made a more formal statement, I think I should as well.

I'd be happy to help users, and the forum in general if I were a member of the staff. I had offered to help months ago, when spambots were taking over a week to resolve, as well as other spam. There's also issues like posts in the wrong sections. Some of which have still not been moved to this day. In the past years, some users had come to me, asking for help. Problems such as their image not registering on their generated card, my thoughts on something they made for a client or as a gift, or just someone to talk to. There are a few that I couldn't help with, which required the assistance of staff members. For those, I directed them to a moderator. It'd be nice to need to do that less; for me to be that moderator. Someone users, new and old, can depend on. I have been here often enough that I won't just straight up disappear. And interacted lots in Custom Cards for at least 3 years. I would also like to organize another event. Perhaps the first Halloween Masquerade for 2 years.

I can vouch for what Nyx is saying here. I've seen him many times supporting people in Questions/Help or Comments and Suggestions. Nyx is a regular of the site and posts in many sections, so he's well aware of the site's general situation. I'm positive he's an excellent candidate, as well as Sleepy, like I mentioned earlier.

2 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Basically what I gather from the Godbrand situation

Two people were spamming a lot, he starts removing their posts. Eventually deletes the group

In the new group a vote is held to ban him. He loses said vote, but the leadership wants to make peace and offers to still keep him. He doesn't accept, is kicked/banned

@Sleepy

Did I characterize that correctly? 

I was hoping we had gotten past this subject already. As I told Giga, I don't want to hyper focus on throwing dirt at Godbrand. 
I now realize I opened a can of worms there. 

That said.... I'll proceed to throw some details due to Horu's post again.... and in light that Rayfield put his two cents in.
The sentiment was to kick him out but many were too nice to say it and settled for lesser outcomes from permaban to "allow him to resign" to "we'll also give him the option to be back if he can show he's sorry". Almost down to community service xD

The voting Horu mentions is not entirely wrong but isn't accurate. My memory is not exact but I can recall between 4 and 6 members out of 11-ish voted wanting him out, and a grand total of 0% voted for keeping him around. Anything else was neutral. You could guess what Horu voted. Make of that what you will.

16 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I was hoping we had gotten past this subject already. As I told Giga, I don't want to hyper focus on throwing dirt at Godbrand. 
I now realize I opened a can of worms there. 

That said.... I'll proceed to throw some details due to Horu's post again.... and in light that Rayfield put his two cents in.
The sentiment was to kick him out but many were too nice to say it and settled for lesser outcomes from permaban to "allow him to resign" to "we'll also give him the option to be back if he can show he's sorry". Almost down to community service xD

The voting Horu mentions is not entirely wrong but isn't accurate. My memory is not exact but I can recall between 4 and 6 members out of 11-ish voted wanting him out, and a grand total of 0% voted for keeping him around. Anything else was neutral. You could guess what Horu voted. Make of that what you will.

you are the one who BROUGHT IT UP FIRST!

I mean Giga obviously has an agenda here. He's publicly gloated about it lol. Can't really think of a more corrosive influence than someone who gave no shit about this place for years except to poke their head in and mock once or twice a year, dictating who should or shouldn't be chosen. But that pretty much feels like what he and Yui are here to do.

I was just curious given 4 people involved: You, Ray, Horu, and Godbrand gave varying takes on the matter. You were the person I didn't ask, so I wanted to get your statement is all.

Just for my curiosity, nothing more

Many people in this thread can be summed by this quote:

"In most cases, those who want power probably shouldn't have it, those who enjoy it probably do so for the wrong reasons, and those who want most to hold on to it don't understand that it's only temporary"

11 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

I mean Giga obviously has an agenda here. He's publicly gloated about it lol. Can't really think of a more corrosive influence than someone who gave no shit about this place for years except to poke their head in and mock once or twice a year, dictating who should or shouldn't be chosen. But that pretty much feels like what he and Yui are here to do.

I was just curious given 4 people involved: You, Ray, Horu, and Godbrand gave varying takes on the matter. You were the person I didn't ask, so I wanted to get your statement is all.

Just for my curiosity, nothing more

Many people in this thread can be summed by this quote:

"In most cases, those who want power probably shouldn't have it, those who enjoy it probably do so for the wrong reasons, and those who want most to hold on to it don't understand that it's only temporary"

wrong site, sir

https://www.reddit.com/r/im14andthisisdeep/

2 minutes ago, God Emperor Cow said:

Refrain from assuming my pronoun 

And it fits actually, there's people who are all to greedy to get it. When in reality the person who would maybe do the best job at it, Nyx, just pop'd in at the end, thanked people for support, and left

Me yesterday

I should check in on YCM. Getting the new mods in by weeks end is important. Eh, the Mod thread hasn't been super active, I'm sure it will be fine if I left it for a day.

Me today

What the hell happened. Oh, nonsense, a lot of nonsense happened.

I only skimmed through most the thread since so much of it is just noise. Got some laughs here and there though.

Anyway, I wasn't planning on doing a formal vote since I figured we'd get more out of a discussion (lol) and as people correctly surmised had more or less cemented who I'd want before the thread derailed. To actually move the thread along, I'm going to name them and see what happens from there. Enguin and Nyx are currently the people I feel the best about promoting. I didn't see any real negative comments on Nyx, and to address the concerns I saw being brought up about Enguin, I do not think they'll abuse their power, and even if I won't be as active as I once was you can more than free to take any issues you have to me. 

47 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Enguin too. A few others who have repeatedly put their name into the hat

I think I've said Enguin should get it more than he has said he wants it lmao

48 minutes ago, God Emperor Cow said:

So...Krow?

Not greedy for it, but would be neato mosquito to get. I wanted to revamp the TCG section the last time we were voting on mods because of how dumb a lot of the rules are. Nobody took it seriously back then cause I was pretty much just meme posting at the time.

I'd be in utter shock if I came back in 6 months and I was a mod. I mean, I honestly doubt I'd get the vote anyway. But mostly because most of the site doesn't know me as well as the other choices. I'm pretty reserved most of the time and like Cow said, I spend a lot of time in my own world. Mostly, trying to put said world onto paper and make a neat story of it.

2 minutes ago, Nobody Really said:

I'd be in utter shock if I came back in 6 months and I was a mod. I mean, I honestly doubt I'd get the vote anyway. But mostly because most of the site doesn't know me as well as the other choices. I'm pretty reserved most of the time and like Cow said, I spend a lot of time in my own world. Mostly, trying to put said world onto paper and make a neat story of it.

How many times do you really have to reiterate that you're not going to be a mod?

At the very start of thread I wasn't really into the idea, but by now I did end up getting a little bummed down that I didn't make it. 
Well I guess that's that. It was fun while it lasted.
I have to admit the nonsense in this thread was great to follow.
I did not mention this before but Nyx is a cool choice I'm very much fine with. Congrats @The Nyx Avatar!
I don't know much to comment on Enguin, but I'm sure it'll be fiiiiiine xD

Archived