Election Thread

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

You complained about democracy being dead, yet your golden ideal was sexist. Also those last to sentences are baseless. Being a republic isn't what grants the right to vote to all groups, where the hell did you get that notion?

Just out of curiosity, what would be your opinion on removing women's right to vote? Do you think that would benefit or hurt the country at large?

MGTOW isn't sexist. It is a man's way of avoiding shitty relationships. Simply put, MGTOW is about you putting yourself first. Modern feminism is sexist though. That being said, I believe that taking away a group's right to vote would be a big "No" and I would fight for anyone's right to vote tooth and nail because the day the government succeeds in being able to infringe on our constitutional rights in the slightest, they will keep trying until they can do away with the constitution completely. We are seeing this with the second amendment. The problem is that nobody had a problem with the government attacking the second amendment until they started trying to ban guns. The second amendment is pretty much our right to have the National Guard at the ready and our right to bear arms in the event that the government is unable to protect us. Sorry about the rant but I am all about equality. However, a movement I will firmly stand against is Blue Lives Matter because cops have no right to whine about how dangerous their job is. They knew the risks when they signed up and they know the risks when they put the badge on. I'm not encouraging people to outright attack police but generally comply and be as polite and respectful as possible. Generally, go out of your way to make a cop's job just a little bit safer, tell him "Thank You" and be on your way. 

Now back to the subject of MGTOW. I believe that men and women are equal and we should treat each other as such. I'm not saying that women are physically equal by any means. I mean, hell, physically, a woman would have to work her ass off just to keep up with me on my worst day. Now if I'm being serious and actually giving 100, there likely isn't a lot of people that can keep up with me or even dream of catching up. MGTOW is about taking a step back and putting yourself first. Like I stated before, I am married and I do respect my wife as my equal. Like I said, MGTOW isn't a sexist movement. It is simply a man saying "I'm going to put myself first". Modern feminism is generally a fascist movement against men. Think about it for a minute. If a women attacks a man and that man simply tries to walk out the door instead of fighting back, she goes apeshit, calls the police and cries wolf and the man gets in trouble when the only action he took is to walk away when he had every right to defend himself any way he saw fit. So regardless of how much evidence the man can realistically present, he will be the one that gets screwed because all that evidence means nothing when a woman cries wolf.

5 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

MGTOW isn't sexist. It is a man's way of avoiding shitty relationships. Simply put, MGTOW is about you putting yourself first. Modern feminism is sexist though. That being said, I believe that taking away a group's right to vote would be a big "No" and I would fight for anyone's right to vote tooth and nail because the day the government succeeds in being able to infringe on our constitutional rights in the slightest, they will keep trying until they can do away with the constitution completely. We are seeing this with the second amendment. The problem is that nobody had a problem with the government attacking the second amendment until they started trying to ban guns. The second amendment is pretty much our right to have the National Guard at the ready and our right to bear arms in the event that the government is unable to protect us. Sorry about the rant but I am all about equality. However, a movement I will firmly stand against is Blue Lives Matter because cops have no right to whine about how dangerous their job is. They knew the risks when they signed up and they know the risks when they put the badge on. I'm not encouraging people to outright attack police but generally comply and be as polite and respectful as possible. Generally, go out of your way to make a cop's job just a little bit safer, tell him "Thank You" and be on your way. 

Now back to the subject of MGTOW. I believe that men and women are equal and we should treat each other as such. I'm not saying that women are physically equal by any means. I mean, hell, physically, a woman would have to work her ass off just to keep up with me on my worst day. Now if I'm being serious and actually giving 100, there likely isn't a lot of people that can keep up with me or even dream of catching up. MGTOW is about taking a step back and putting yourself first. Like I stated before, I am married and I do respect my wife as my equal. Like I said, MGTOW isn't a sexist movement. It is simply a man saying "I'm going to put myself first". Modern feminism is generally a fascist movement against men. Think about it for a minute. If a women attacks a man and that man simply tries to walk out the door instead of fighting back, she goes apeshit, calls the police and cries wolf and the man gets in trouble when the only action he took is to walk away when he had every right to defend himself any way he saw fit. So regardless of how much evidence the man can realistically present, he will be the one that gets screwed because all that evidence means nothing when a woman cries wolf.

You are touring some pretty heavy falsehoods regarding the role of gender in our legal system.

It is true that men are disadvantaged in some situations, particularly those regarding domestic violence and custody cases.

However, that does not mean that feminism is fascist. The goal of feminism is equal rights. Most feminists would agree that the underrepresentation of men in the above mentioned situations is not a good thing. Groups like MTGOW exaggerate and twist circumstances to make out women as some kind of villain, and I'm not certain if you are aware of it, but many MTGOW do support the removal of rights. I'm glad to know you don't, don't get me wrong. But your response to my question shows a pretty fundamental misunderstanding of both how the world and feminism work, as well as what comprises a group that you praise.

You can call me a simp, or a cuck, or whatever the hell you want, but to write off women you don't even know as "thots" is an inherently sexist thing to do. Even if they intentionally choose to sexualize themselves (which, to be clear, is far less common that mtgow often dictates) that's their own fucking right, and not any kind of inherently bad thing to do.

Feminism is better for men than any men's rights movement out there. Anyone who actually reads into it would know this.

People have lied about and misrepresented feminist concepts for years now. I could elaborate, but most people are too brain poisoned to actually listen at this point, so I won't unless asked.

I sympathize with MGTOW, but real feminism would solve all of the issues that the movement has.

I'm glad that Horu doesn't have a brainlet take on blue lives matter at least lmao

21 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

You are touring some pretty heavy falsehoods regarding the role of gender in our legal system.

It is true that men are disadvantaged in some situations, particularly those regarding domestic violence and custody cases.

However, that does not mean that feminism is fascist. The goal of feminism is equal rights. Most feminists would agree that the underrepresentation of men in the above mentioned situations is not a good thing. Groups like MTGOW exaggerate and twist circumstances to make out women as some kind of villain, and I'm not certain if you are aware of it, but many MTGOW do support the removal of rights. I'm glad to know you don't, don't get me wrong. But your response to my question shows a pretty fundamental misunderstanding of both how the world and feminism work, as well as what comprises a group that you praise.

You can call me a simp, or a cuck, or whatever the hell you want, but to write off women you don't even know as "thots" is an inherently sexist thing to do. Even if they intentionally choose to sexualize themselves (which, to be clear, is far less common that mtgow often dictates) that's their own fucking right, and not any kind of inherently bad thing to do.

So tell me how it is fair to a child when the mother is proven, even by her own family, to be unfit and the father is clearly the better choice and the more capable parent but the mother still gets full custody, that child loses their father, and never sees a dime of the child support that the father is forced to pay. Is that fair?

I won't call you a simp because that isn't my style. If you wanna burn your hard earned cash on some random thot, be my guest. I am simply saying that it is better to learn what the basic concept of a movement is and consider how you can use it to better your life than to discard it entirely.

Also, note that I said "modern feminism" is a fascist movement. I'm pointing out how something that used to benefit everyone has been turned into a loaded gun and pointed right at your head.

10 minutes ago, Sunshine Jesse said:

Feminism is better for men than any men's rights movement out there. Anyone who actually reads into it would know this.

People have lied about and misrepresented feminist concepts for years now. I could elaborate, but most people are too brain poisoned to actually listen at this point, so I won't unless asked.

I sympathize with MGTOW, but real feminism would solve all of the issues that the movement has.

I'm glad that Horu doesn't have a brainlet take on blue lives matter at least lmao

Also, thank you for pointing out what feminism was originally intended to be and not what it got turned into. I do agree with what feminism is intended to be. I just hate how modern feminists have twisted it.

Also, Black Lives Matter was originally a protest against police brutality and Blue Lives Matter was a response from a bunch of cops that wanted to cry about their job being so dangerous. My professor asked me how I felt about Blue Lives Matter. The conversation went like this:

Professor: How do you feel about Blue Lives Matter?

Me: They knew the risk when they put that badge on and choose to do it so they have no right to complain.

Professor: So are you saying their lives don't matter.

Me: No. I'm saying they know the risks that come with their job so they need to deal with it. I'm a soldier and I know the risk everytime I put my boots on but I'll never whine about it because that's what I chose. I chose to give my life for this country. Not saying my life doesn't matter or the lives of other soldiers don't matter but we all made that choice knowing full well what we signed up for and the police did the same.

3 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

So tell me how it is fair to a child when the mother is proven, even by her own family, to be unfit and the father is clearly the better choice and the more capable parent but the mother still gets full custody, that child loses their father, and never sees a dime of the child support that the father is forced to pay. Is that fair?

I literally said that favoritism for custody cases is a real issue. However, it is an issue that is overblown, and completely unrelated to feminism.

Well, I suppose that it is related to feminism in that divorce wasn't really a thing until no-fault divorce was introduced. Which I'd say is a product of feminism, and a very important one at that.

10 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

I literally said that favoritism for custody cases is a real issue. However, it is an issue that is overblown, and completely unrelated to feminism.

Well, I suppose that it is related to feminism in that divorce wasn't really a thing until no-fault divorce was introduced. Which I'd say is a product of feminism, and a very important one at that.

But despite the fact that feminism has been twisted into a fascist movement, I still believe that there are some good women and even good feminists that simply use the ideas of feminism for their own benefit and to simply better their lives. In all fairness, the original purpose of feminism was for women to become more independent. This is because before feminism was a thing, women literally had no way to survive unless they could get married. Feminism in the purest form is a woman's right to work.

What is your opinion on the push against things like catcalling, sexual harassment, or perhaps workplace discrimination? What about the lack of accurate women's representation in media?

It seems that you believe that women's rights are a solved matter which is laughable, but only in the way you laugh at your racist uncle's jokes at the family reunion so he doesn't stop sending you walmart gift cards every Christmas.

11 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

What is your opinion on the push against things like catcalling, sexual harassment, or perhaps workplace discrimination? What about the lack of accurate women's representation in media?

It seems that you believe that women's rights are a solved matter which is laughable, but only in the way you laugh at your racist uncle's jokes at the family reunion so he doesn't stop sending you walmart gift cards every Christmas.

I don't have an uncle. How I feel on catcalling and sexual harassment? I respectfully told my squad leader the next time I hear about him disrespecting one of the females again, I would break his jaw. Yeah, most people would say "That's white knight behaviour" and I say "No, it's a zero tolerance for bullshit".

All Arizona counties have certified their results, so now it's just up to the Secretary of State to certify the win for Biden.

Trump has an appeal in the Third Circuit to try blocking Pennsylvania's certification. I don't expect that to end in Trump's favor, but I'm also not going to say that one is wrapped up yet.

Georgia is going to start a recount tomorrow, and it's estimated to wrap up by Dec. 2. Again, that's really not one we need to worry about, but I may as well count it.

By now, I believe he's lost 30 lawsuits, and won only 2. Strangely, I had heard that he only need two wins to flip this, so I'm confused how that hasn't actually happened.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/detroit-vote-errors-trump/2020/11/23/ae789912-2d3b-11eb-bae0-50bb17126614_story.html

Interesting point about how Detroit had more errors in 2016 when Trump won. Weirdly, his sycophants didn't seem as eager to mock the very idea that we can call those errors.

An error is an error. Simple as that. Trump got elected in 2016 because nobody wanted a war with Russia. Simple as that. I'm sure there are also those who expected his entire term to crash and burn. Hell, I didn't expect him to do as well as he did. That being said, the man did pretty damn well considering his lack of experience as a politician.

19 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

An error is an error. Simple as that. Trump got elected in 2016 because nobody wanted a war with Russia. Simple as that. I'm sure there are also those who expected his entire term to crash and burn. Hell, I didn't expect him to do as well as he did. That being said, the man did pretty damn well considering his lack of experience as a politician.

Then why aren't you saying "an error is an error" for this election?

You claim to be neutral, yet only give the benefit of the doubt to one side.

Also saying trump did "pretty damn well" is highly debatable. There are a lot of people very upset about what he has done over the last 4 years.

Think about it. Every other president that has told us they are going to accomplish something has either failed or used executive orders. Trump is the first president that has succeeded without the use of executive orders. The fact that he didn't need an executive order to accomplish his goals says that he did pretty damn well.

13 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Think about it. Every other president that has told us they are going to accomplish something has either failed or used executive orders. Trump is the first president that has succeeded without the use of executive orders. The fact that he didn't need an executive order to accomplish his goals says that he did pretty damn well.

He didn't accomplish all of his goals, and while he has made less orders than other presidents, he has still done nearly 200 of them.

This isn't even going into all of his questionable acts since entering the oval office.

3 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

no lol

He didn't accomplish anything good of note, he either did or attempted to do everything that (reasonable) people were afraid of him doing, and did nigh-irreparable damage to our social fabric and faith in just about every institution that keeps this country together. Not to mention that he made life less safe for millions of marginalized people, either by direct actions or through the results of his rhetoric.

The only presidents who did worse than him were the ones who's inaction led to the Civil War, and the two that started and worsened the war on drugs.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

7 minutes ago, Sunshine Jesse said:

no lol

He didn't accomplish anything good of note, he either did or attempted to do everything that (reasonable) people were afraid of him doing, and did nigh-irreparable damage to our social fabric and faith in just about every institution that keeps this country together. Not to mention that he made life less safe for millions of marginalized people, either by direct actions or through the results of his rhetoric.

The only presidents who did worse than him were the ones who's inaction led to the Civil War, and the two that started and worsened the war on drugs.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

First Step Act was good.

The rest ranged from irrelevant to actively dangerous on both societal and geopolitical levels.

I would argue that Andrew Jackson is on par with trump, and Andrew Johnson was worse.

12 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

First Step Act was good.

The rest ranged from irrelevant to actively dangerous on both societal and geopolitical levels.

I would argue that Andrew Jackson is on par with trump, and Andrew Johnson was worse.

idk, Jackson was pretty awful and was responsible for the worst genocide in human history but his efforts to enfranchise poor people probably ranks among one of the best things a president has ever done. When a president does something that monumentally important, it's hard to consider them worse than a president as bad as Trump.

Johnson was worse though, no doubt about that. 

10 hours ago, Sunshine Jesse said:

Not to mention that he made life less safe for millions of marginalized people, either by direct actions or through the results of his rhetoric.

HIs unabashed bigotry was exactly his appeal to his supporters, so endangering the lives of millions of marginalized people is exactly what his supporters would consider a good thing that he accomplished.

EDIT:

Pennslyvania has been certified, so the aforementioned appeal is pretty much obsolete. Prior to this certification, the number of electoral votes that only needed to be certified still exceeded Trump's entire electoral total.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/roger-stone-tied-group-threatens-gop-if-trump-goes-down-so-does-your-senate-majority

A super PAC led by Roger Stone is encouraging Republicans to either not vote in the Georgia runoff, or write Trump's name in.

This plan definitely sounds pretty scary. I'd be absolutely terrified if Republicans went on board with this plan, so I hope that they definitely do not write Trump's name in.

Perhaps I was too generous by saying that Republicans will lose the Georgia runoffs due to negligence. It seems they have a plan after all.

I'd ask if you're posting that as a joke, but given your history, I'm assuming your sincere.

Proper health guidelines in the face of a pandemic isn't some commie plot to take away your freedoms and force compliance. That's frankly doing more fearmongering than the doctors, state leaders, and reporters who are vilified for warning people about this. Seriously, that "list" is just a bingo card of typical anti-vaxxer talking points, including the "nanonchips and 5G" bit.

Archived