New mod appointments

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fairly certain that if I didn't outright say from the start that I wouldn't do it, flame would give me the position. I offered to help clean up for like a month or so but he didn't seem to think it was necessary on top of the two he is already going to promote.

But yeah, no, I'm not going to be a mod here.

7 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

Yes, I think it was. You attempted to discredit someone and anyone they supported, and when called out, someone said you were strict with the rules but genuine and honest. It was a necessary clarification.

I have been strict

Strictly focused on picking someone for mod.

I am one of those kind of people who will say what's on their mind.

I do not mix words nor will i spare your feelings. 

Have done anything but that this entire time on this particular thread??

20 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

I think that shedding light on his unreasonable biases would help to repair my reputation that he has destroyed.

I honestly can't imagine him having enough credibility to do that over you of all people. I see the overall reactions Godbrand received in this thread alone (not just from me honestly) and how you even got nominated a few times right off the bat... That sort of thing speaks for itself. I think your reputation is pretty much solidified so don't worry about that.

I think it doesn't end up looking that way but my post listing those things is actually tame xD
I listed what happened in short without adding much emotion, and honestly as an inquiry to Horu mainly. I don't wanna be guilty of starting a witch hunt and knowing Godbrand, there'll be more justified chances to get to it down the road. This is not a threat, it's a forecast.

@Ryusei the Morning Star Hina waaaay back in like page 2 said she'd probably be willing to do it for Flame Dragon. It's not a for sure but I think she's open to the idea. I think it'd be nice to get 2 mods out of this.... not that the forum is all that desperate for more than one but it'd still be nice.

1 minute ago, Godbrand said:

I have been strict

It was said that you are strict with the rules, before being pointed out that you don't seem to have a clear grasp of what the rules are. What are your thoughts on this?

1 minute ago, Godbrand said:

I have been strict

the problem is that you're pretending that there is a good choice for mod. perhaps you actually believe this, but deep down inside you realize that there are no good candidates for moderator. everyone is begging for you to admit this. please, quit lying to yourself. quit lying to us

1 minute ago, AGATHODAIMON BANGTAIL COW said:

the problem is that you're pretending that there is a good choice for mod. perhaps you actually believe this, but deep down inside you realize that there are no good candidates for moderator. everyone is begging for you to admit this. please, quit lying to yourself. quit lying to us

I'm a pretty good candidate.

1 minute ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

It was said that you are strict with the rules, before being pointed out that you don't seem to have a clear grasp of what the rules are. What are your thoughts on this?

I'm a pretty good candidate.

I thought you did not want the position. 

7 minutes ago, Godbrand said:

I have been strict

actually you've been focused on saying who shouldn't be mod but also admitted you have no idea who should be picked except maybe a couple but "idk"

you've only mixed words this entire time

1 minute ago, God Emperor Cow said:

actually you've been focused on saying who shouldn't be mod but also admitted you have no idea who should be picked except maybe a couple but "idk"

you've only mixed words this entire time

I have said several times on Rayfield seem like a good fit for at least being fair. 

I think Rayfield honestly turn down the position. 

Then there's krow who i would also vote for (seeing if Rayfield will not accept the position)

4 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

By the way, 100% unironically, one of the best things to show why roxas would do better than most anyone here who haven't already excluded themselves, is that he hasn't stepped foot in this sheet show of a thread.

I think this is the first time roxas was mentioned? Am i wrong on this? 

On 12/5/2020 at 6:27 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Given the "Confused" reaction I got with my comment up there, I guess I should clarify: I believe Phantom is one of the best candidates out there, I just think that a mod should be a person that has activity all around the site, so they know the immediate problems the site is facing. I'm aware of Phantom's capabilities, but I've also noticed his lack of participation in the sections I mentioned, hence why I pointed that out. From the time I've been active here, which is a little over a year, I've come to realize how divided the site is, and how most of the members take interest in one or two sections at most, paying no mind to the newcomer's efforts to receive feedback. How are we supposed to lift the site's activity if those enthusiast people are completely ignored? They leave, of course, seeing how their cards get no interest. I mention all of this because, from my point of view, competent mods and the site's activity is linked deeply. In my opinion, we need a friendly mod who's aware of the whole site's situations, and take action to help resolve the site's problems. New Features, organization of events, fast reply to requests, elimination of bots, spams, etc.

@SleepyI'm flattered that you mentioned me as a possibility, but it seems the people concerned about this is more interested in someone with a deeper knowledge of the site.

I don't think you fully know the history of Roxas on this forum as a mod lol

I hate to start this loop again, but you, like godbrand, do not have the power to disqualify candidates.

Of course not, but Roxas got thrown out of modship last time by a lot more people than just me

Would send quite a message if he's re-enshrined, especially partially on a the word of one of the first people who abandoned ship

26 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

Sorry for wanting to spend time with people rather than a url, buddy. Don't know what else to tell you.

Nothing, you were free to go where you wished. But maybe you shouldn't be someone calling the shots here then. Its like you gave up your citizenship in America to go live in Canada, but then show up on election day endorsing candidates 

2 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Of course not, but Roxas got thrown out of modship last time by a lot more people than just me

Would send quite a message if he's re-enshrined, especially partially on a the word of one of the first people who abandoned ship

I mean, almost all the people better than him left.

I think I could do a much better job overall than roxas, but I don't want to.

Archived